• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

You know what I haven't had in forever? A really good burger.

Damn, I want a burger right now, and all we got are these struggle burgers my mom insists on buying.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That reminds me: I never tried Five Guys even after I posted I would like six months ago. Gotta get on that.

Nakazato

Got 1 DOTA @ keys to give way

just quote this post with steam id

That reminds me: I never tried Five Guys even after I posted I would like six months ago. Gotta get on that.

Five guys is good until i had in-n-out when i was in LA. Them burgers are the fucking shit so good.

I would need to go all the way downtown. I guess I could stop by next time I go visit my friend.

Just a quick tip for Five Guys: bacon cheeseburgers come with two patties by default. I didn't do my research after the first time I went there and got a triple bacon cheeseburger. I finished it of course, but...DAMN.

And don't get a large fries unless you haven't eaten all day.

DominoKid

Just a quick tip for Five Guys: bacon cheeseburgers come with two patties by default. I didn't do my research after the first time I went there and got a triple bacon cheeseburger. I finished it of course, but...DAMN.

And don't get a large fries unless you haven't eaten all day.

good lawd i'd die. i have to lay out after eating the bacon burger (+ A1 and onions). i dont even try to eat all the fries. i just rip the bag and tell my friends to have at it.

I haven't had a good burger in a long time.

G Burger in La Habra is good. The veggie burger at The Hillstone in Santa Monica is way better than any veggie burger should be, it's basically the exact same restaurant as Houston's in Pasadena.

FyreWulff

adtour13.jpg

This place was bought out and turned into Popeyes as we have it now. It was soooo good. KFC quality has really gone downhill. I'd rather get some fried chicken from Albertsons instead.

Albertsons was the best store one. They fucking left the area though and sold all their stores to regional chains because they're crybabies. :(

A city can survive being "churched", multiple churches are the true sign of a bad neighborhood.

Long Beach has 2, Inglewood has 2 and Compton has 2. One of the Compton locations is erroneously labelled "Crompton", that must be the one they sell weed out of.

Any of you guys fans of Chief Keef? I've pretty much ignored his music other than hearing 'I don't like." Decided to browse his videos and they all look and sound pretty much the same. Just a bunch of black dudes smoking weed, moving awkwardly and horrible lyrics.

harSon

Banned
I'm seriously curious, are there any churches outside the hood?

There was a Churches in East Side San Jo, which is our "hood," but it's an insult to hoods to call it that. That shit was basically soup. Fried chicken sitting in an inch of grease.

I don't fuck with fast food chicken. Home cooked or nothing at all. I had my moms teach me how to make it, among other foods, so I don't have to fuck with KFC or Popeyes.

And Black folk definitely love them Red Lobster. There ain't that many Blacks in San Jo, but you wouldn't know if you went to Red Lobster. Looks like Atlanta up in that bitch. Those Cheddar biscuits are the fucking business. I'd be content rolling in their for a basket of em, and bouncing before the main course hit the table.

A city can survive being "churched", multiple churches are the true sign of a bad neighborhood.

Long Beach has 2, Inglewood has 2 and Compton has 2. One of the Compton locations is erroneously labelled "Crompton", that must be the one they sell weed out of.

I went down to Los Angeles to visit my brother this summer. Dude asked me where I wanted to eat for dinner, and I told him I heard LA had some good burger joints. Dude took me to Mom's Burgers. Only problem is Mom's is in Compton, and it was like 7 o'clock. Food was bomb though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just felt old all of a sudden.

I think it was hearing "Thiiiiis is hooow we doooo iiiiit" and turning to the TV to see it was on a Jackson Hewitt tax preparation commercial.

And Black folk definitely love them Red Lobster. There ain't that many Blacks in San Jo, but you wouldn't know if you went to Red Lobster. Looks like Atlanta up in that bitch. Those Cheddar biscuits are the fucking business. I'd be content rolling in their for a basket of em, and bouncing before the main course hit the table.

I joked about this shit IRL, glad I wasn't the only one. We would go in there, get some biscuits, and be like, "aw shit ya'll, we gotta go, something just came up"

I just felt old all of a sudden.

I think it was hearing "Thiiiiis is hooow we doooo iiiiit" and turning to the TV to see it was on a Jackson Hewitt tax preparation commercial.

Did you start doing the tootsie roll before you discovered it was an ad? Come on, tell the truth.

DominoKid

I love some chain restaurants but I got no love for Red Lobster. Wack food. Expensive as fuck. I don't even like the biscuits. So there's no reason for me to go there.

Top Bottom