• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DominoKid

oddly enough im excited to go back to school next week.

i'm sure next week i'll be dreading it.

i think i'm just gonna be a functional drunk this semester since it's my last one and i have to quit the green for the job hunt.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Had no idea who you were with that av, Slay.

Having said that, its about time i update my avatar. Little punk can't fit in a Stanley Cup no more...

FreeMufasa

Hot girl threads always reminds me gaf doesn't like ass but extended backs.

EDIT: lol fortuneson. He's the biggest racist on gaf. And wasnt he a Zimmerman defender too?

G-Fex

Carrie underwood seems meh to me. You guys are right they choose bland as hell women, Hendricks, and beyonce stand out and are worth listing. Shame they never post more black women, I have a huge weak spot for them, we'll that and girls with colored hair

Was about to post some Saldana hate but google searched first and even though I dislike her it would be dishonest to deny that she is in fact a highly attractive woman. I notice that she cleans up extremely well for premiers/awards/photoshoots. Significantly better than she tends to look in her movies in fact. I think she looks better in stills than in movement, and coupled with her lack of range, this leads me to believe that she just should have stuck to modeling....:p

BHZ Mayor

Word to the wise my brothers and sisters, it's real out there on Gaf now. Watch yourself.

Did I miss something or is this just a general statement?

Also did y'all hear about this dude Freddy E that recently killed himself and broadcasted it on twitter? They say it's over some chick named Honey Cocaine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Carrie underwood seems meh to me. You guys are right they choose bland as hell women, Hendricks, and beyonce stand out and are worth listing. Shame they never post more black women, I have a huge weak spot for them, we'll that and girls with colored hair

I could say that about a lot of threads on gaf.

ReiGun

Also did y'all hear about this dude Freddy E that recently killed himself and broadcasted it on twitter? They say it's over some chick named Honey Cocaine.
I was on twitter when it people started to find out. It was haunting reading his page, and disgusting reading the people who saw it as a chance to troll or soapbox about suicide.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
DJANGO!

Thought it was good but damn at the ultra-violence of some of the scenes. In particular
where the slave is torn apart by dogs, the mandingos are fighting and where Django almost gets made into a eunuch
. I thought I was used to violence but most of those had me really disturbed. My girl was squeezing on my arm like crazy and almost pulled me out of the theater at that last one. I was right there with the German doctor when he was about to blow, listening to the oblivious bitch playing the harp in her stupid sheltered world while he was flashing back to awful things that had happened. It is telling though that the scenes that were "supposed" to bother me did bother me more than the ones that were supposed to feel good i.e.
Django's bloody slaughter of every white person on the Candie plantation didn't make me bat an eye
. They all deserved it though but it's clever on Tarantino's part to throw in the cognitive dissonance regarding violence.

All the major roles really knocked it out of the park, DeCaprio was hilarious but also terrifying as the ignorant and pseudo-intellectual Candie, Sam Jackson did a perfect Uncle Ruckus and the good Doctor and Django were great as well. The funniest parts to me were
Django generally putting fools in their place, The Klan idiots complaining about wearing the bags and Jackson getting shot in the knee caps

I was right there with the German doctor when he was about to blow, listening to the oblivious bitch playing the harp in her stupid sheltered world while he was flashing back to awful things that had happened.

One of the best decisions made about this movie was having a non-American companion for Django. If they were an American, even if they hated slavery, they would be used to it since they would have grown up with it. Since slavery is foreign to him, he's relatable to most audiences.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hey I hearing the
candy wiping blood in broomhilda's face
was not in the script and was real blood. If that is true.... Thats fucked up.....

Hey I hearing the
was not in the script and was real blood. If that is true.... Thats fucked up.....

Was that the scene where Leo injuried his hand irl? I remember hearing how pissed he was that he was hurt on set.

If he got hurt in that scene, got bloodied, continued and incorprated it into the scene...kudos on both of the actors for keeping it going. That's insane. If true of course.

Hey I hearing the

She sought to bring authenticity to her performance in several ways. The actor playing her overseer used a fake whip, but Washington insisted the lashings really hit her back. And to dramatize her punishment inside an underground, coffin-size metal container, she and Tarantino agreed she would spend time barely clothed in the "hot box" before the filming began so the feeling of confinement would be as realistic as possible.

Dat method acting

She sought to bring authenticity to her performance in several ways. The actor playing her overseer used a fake whip, but Washington insisted the lashings really hit her back. And to dramatize her punishment inside an underground, coffin-size metal container, she and Tarantino agreed she would spend time barely clothed in the "hot box" before the filming began so the feeling of confinement would be as realistic as possible.

Dat method acting
Well damn. Saw it last night. Did enjoy. So over the top. lol. Kerry is so pretty it hurts.

DeCaprio is such a good actor, goddamn. Half that time I was thinking, "this is the guy from Inception and Titanic..."

New side of Leo is new as hell.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hey I hearing the

Was that the scene where Leo injuried his hand irl? I remember hearing how pissed he was that he was hurt on set.

If he got hurt in that scene, got bloodied, continued and incorprated it into the scene...kudos on both of the actors for keeping it going. That's insane. If true of course.
Wow what the fuck? Where did you guys hear this? If true that is insane. Until he actually brings attention to it I remember thinking it was really spontaneous how his hand started bleeding as I didn't notice him actually hurt it until his fist is already covered in blood.

Wow what the fuck? Where did you guys hear this? If true that is insane. Until he actually brings attention to it I remember thinking it was really spontaneous how his hand started bleeding as I didn't notice him actually hurt it until his fist is already covered in blood.

There is an article that was posted in the Django thread a couple of days after it came out, I think it was a variety article.

Nori Chan

I was on twitter when it people started to find out. It was haunting reading his page, and disgusting reading the people who saw it as a chance to troll or soapbox about suicide.
Yeah it was weird reading his page saying sorry mom sorry dad and I just want the pain to go away.

Then I see people posting pics like him aiming himself with a gun.

G-Fex

too stressed out from work, calling off today, wondering if I should go check out django. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it.

FreeMufasa

QW9Te.jpg

Haha just saw this in a store. Some shit you wear to look like you have a big dick.

Everyone wanna be us fam.

DominoKid

Hey I hearing the

Yep. Leo's a goon. So dedicated w/ it.

I've listened to the intro song from Django like 50 times since I've seen it. Such a sick song & powerful opening.

onemic DY Imm0rt4l Soundscream

HarSon will not be joining us =(

So let's nail down a time.

I'm good Weekdays 6pm pst to 10pm pst
Friday 6pm Pst through Sunday to 10pm.

Top Bottom