• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

been watchin movies all day and I just noticed the black survival rate in sci-fi is way higher than in horrors, of the top of my head

event horizon
the matrix
sphere
empire strikes back and ROTJ
Predator 2
the thing (keith david)
pitch black (keith david again)

Event Horizon, Sphere, The Thing, and Pitch Black are arguably horror movies though. Obviously, these genres overlap a lot.

Dawn of the Dead (1978 Original) is one where the brutha lives.

8zZ03.jpg

Kincaid held his own in Nightmare on Elm Street : Dream Warriors

bZASN.jpg

But he and the rest of his friends of course perished in Dream Master

pFOYh.jpg

I can't think of a movie where a black woman has been the "final girl".

Edit : Speaking of Keith David, there is also of course "They Live". LOL, guy stays surviving. He even made it out of "Platoon".

Is she actually sitting on something? I read there is a technique photographers use to make hips look wider than they really are

Up against a wall it looks like. There are a bunch of ways to make body parts look smaller, bigger, thinner, fatter. They have all kinds of lenses, lighting and software now to accentuate looks.

DominoKid

Love and hip hop is still around? And Joe buds in on it?

What the fuck is going on?

Budden pretty much is the show I think. He's been w/ a ton of them video models. He stays relevant by smutting them out on twitter. I remember dude posted pics on twitter of him eating one of them model chicks out. Yeah.

Kerry Washington's face looks like she's always about to cry

that bothers me so much watching Scandal. I didn't really notice it in Django though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Budden pretty much is the show I think. He's been w/ a ton of them video models. He stays relevant by smutting them out on twitter. I remember dude posted pics on twitter of him eating one of them model chicks out. Yeah.

Please tell me youre joking

DominoKid

^i am not. the chick put up some pics too. IIRC there was definitely one of him banging her out from the back. it was really pathetic.
idk why these chicks keep fucking w/ budden. he's a known abuser.

---

it just didn't bother me in Django.

i watch Scandal (great show btw). and there will be scenes like she's having a regular ass conversation but the whole time she's making the ;_; face.
she does a good job on the show, i can see why the president is putty for her. but i wish they had casted someone w/ a stronger look. that way the scenes where she breaks down would be that much stronger.

Event Horizon, Sphere, The Thing, and Pitch Black are arguably horror movies though. Obviously, these genres overlap a lot.

Dawn of the Dead (1978 Original) is one where the brutha lives.

8zZ03.jpg

Kincaid held his own in Nightmare on Elm Street : Dream Warriors

bZASN.jpg

But he and the rest of his friends of course perished in Dream Master

pFOYh.jpg

I can't think of a movie where a black woman has been the "final girl".

Edit : Speaking of Keith David, there is also of course "They Live". LOL, guy stays surviving. He even made it out of "Platoon".

smh I cant think of any black final girls didnt tina turner survive mad max

akira28

When you spend the extra 12 minutes so it can cook in the toaster oven, and you spice it up with melted singles slices. I think that's the definition of struggle pizza. Or else, any sort of pizza purchased from the Chinese Sub Shop.

When you spend the extra 12 minutes so it can cook in the toaster oven, and you spice it up with melted singles slices. I think that's the definition of struggle pizza. Or else, any sort of pizza purchased from the Chinese Sub Shop.

I like to put some hot sauce on mine, but just a little for the taste

Top Bottom