• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Donkey teeth!

I need to find a way to work that phrase into casual conversation today at the office. Being in Canada, this should be interesting

hwalker84

I've been in this thread for awhile posting infrequently but I've never done a proper introduction

Where you're from- USA
Where you live- Pittsburgh, PA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, supposedly some Native American distantly (I say show me the proof damnit)
Do you know your roots- Only back to my Grandparents
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop as my favorite with Alternative a close second. I can get down with everything except gospel, and 99.9% of Country (few catchy tunes here and there)
Your profession/major/career interest- I'm a Sr. Systems Engineer for a Financial Services Company
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic
Hobbies-Technology, Shoes, Guns, Cars, Sports, Blu-rays.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Never the flame is eternal

Akuma-flame.gif

“Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion.
…But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain.
And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that.”

G-Fex

I never did it either

Where you're from- America
Where you live- California
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- mexican, native american
Do you know your roots- don't care
Your Age- 28
Favorite musical genre- alternative , jrock
Your profession/major/career interest- retail
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-Games, internets

I've only been to this thread a few times, but glad it's here...

Where you're from- USA, D.C. Specifically
Where you live- Torrance, CA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Dad is from Nigeria, Yoruba. Mom is good ole' African American by way of the Carolinas.
Your Age- 38
Favorite musical genre- All music. Really. My love is always with Hip-hop, but I've since grown to appreciate music in just about everything.
Your profession/major/career interest- I'm in the entertainment field. Been on the fringes of the video game and film industry for over a decade.
Your religious affiliation- Christian.
Hobbies-Writing, directing, and producing shows. You can find out a little about me on theshoshow.com. It's new. cut me some slack. I used to be known for PopCultureshock.com, which is now dead.

The podcast was fun, fam. Good job, guys.

deciphering words like "thick" for starters

what does it actually mean?

thick vs fat would require a complex set of calculations based on the height and weight distribution of the individual, top scientists have been working on it for years but just haven't nailed down the exact formula yet... but i know the difference when i see it.

harSon

Banned
I've been in this thread for awhile posting infrequently but I've never done a proper introduction

Where you're from- USA
Where you live- Pittsburgh, PA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black, supposedly some Indian distantly (I say show me the proof damnit)
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop as my favorite with Alternative a close second. I can get down with everything except gospel, and 99.9% of Country (few catchy tunes here and there)
Your profession/major/career interest- I'm a Sr. Systems Engineer for a Financial Services Company
Your religious affiliation- Agnostic
Hobbies-Technology, Shoes, Guns, Cars, Sports, Blu-rays.

Pittsburgh!

What area are you from?! I was born and raised in Homewood.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this thread will end in the most spectacular of flare outs. dys beast meter is filling yall.

Slayven

Y'all need to learn to behave in this thread. Dy is your leader and he has the keys to the Popeye's chicken bucket and it is a Friday.

Yes I am a suck up in times of néed. Gotta adapt to survive.

I will die first. No man leads Slayven. Women can if they worthy of my paycheck.

Top Bottom