• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
get a fucking job slay

how you gonna give some girl you don't even know your whole check if you're unemployed?
persona 3 was a good game until i realized mitsuru-senpai wouldnt even notice me until november and then i decided to just watch her S.Link on youtube

much like DY and visiting his kids, aint nobody got time for dat

et tu, satchwar?

ibqETkkaYVfj9N.gif

harSon

Banned
lol i saw harson talkin all that shit about the falcons earlier.

I've been hating on Bay Area teams since the 90s. This year has been absolute shit. Giants Championship, and potential Niners Super Bowl? What's next, the Sharks and Warriors? I don't want to live in a world where Bay Area teams aren't consistently shit and/or choking.

Nakazato

I've been hating on Bay Area teams since the 90s. This year has been absolute shit. Giants Championship, and potential Niners Super Bowl? What's next, the Sharks and Warriors? I don't want to live in a world where Bay Area teams aren't consistently shit and/or choking.
Go ravens...steelolz

BHZ Mayor

I only really played the FF games but I have never seen a genre like JRPG that basically got decimated like it did this gen. Other then handhelds they just seemed to have, disappeared.

I feel your pain JRPG fans lol

As a 3D platformer fan, I feel your pain too. All we have is Mario, which has been M.I.A. in favor of NSMB, Ratchet, which might as well not even be acknowledged post-A Crack In Time, and Sonic, which only recently started to gain back its stride in the last few years. Only thing in the pipeline is Sly 4.

Onemic

Im so happy the Superbowl is gonna be Ravens - Niners. It's like straight out of a TV show. And its a pretty easy matchup for the Niners too. Couldn't be more perfect.

#3 - Minorities In Games - Topher/DrFunk
#4 - Rise & Fall of The Black Sitcom - Prof.Beef/Devo
#5 - Interracial Dating - Dark Faze/Devo (Topher)
#6 - Comic Books/Comic book based movies - ?/?
#7 - In The workplace ?/?
#8 - Things Black People Need To Stop Doing - ?/?
#9 - Minorities In Media - harson/Topher

Prof. Beef & Devo. What time is good for you guys next weekend?

#6 - Comic Books/Comic book based movies - ?/?
#7 - In The workplace ?/?

Prof. Beef & Devo. What time is good for you guys next weekend?

Afternoon/evening is fine for me as well.

Slayven

If the comicbook one is 3 weeks out, i might be able to do that. Not making any promises. But to be honest you guys need either me, reigun, or par to do ti justice.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If the comicbook one is 3 weeks out, i might be able to do that. Not making any promises. But to be honest you guys need either me, reigun, or par to do ti justice.

Honestly, I can't speak for shit on comicbooks

Isak_Borg

Hey everybody!

With all of the talk about gun control lately, I've been thinking about the fact that gun laws in most urban centers were created to keep fire-arms out of the hands of African Americans. A direct result of the black panther party.

Figured I would share this article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/308608/

INDISPUTABLY, FOR MUCH of American history, gun-control measures, like many other laws, were used to oppress African Americans. The South had long prohibited blacks, both slave and free, from owning guns. In the North, however, at the end of the Civil War, the Union army allowed soldiers of any color to take home their rifles. Even blacks who hadn’t served could buy guns in the North, amid the glut of firearms produced for the war. President Lincoln had promised a “new birth of freedom,” but many blacks knew that white Southerners were not going to go along easily with such a vision. As one freedman in Louisiana recalled, “I would say to every colored soldier, ‘Bring your gun home.’”

After losing the Civil War, Southern states quickly adopted the Black Codes, laws designed to reestablish white supremacy by dictating what the freedmen could and couldn’t do. One common provision barred blacks from possessing firearms. To enforce the gun ban, white men riding in posses began terrorizing black communities. In January 1866, Harper’s Weekly reported that in Mississippi, such groups had “seized every gun and pistol found in the hands of the (so called) freedmen” in parts of the state. The most infamous of these disarmament posses, of course, was the Ku Klux Klan.

How do you manage to have one of the worst characters in your av.

Swerve.

What's up with black superheroes and electricity powers anyway

I... I don't know. What makes writers think up a black character and go "You know what powers he/she should have? Electricity." I can't think of any sort of roots for that. If it was all super-strength, I'd have a few ideas, but electricity? Drawing blanks.

#6 - Comic Books/Comic book based movies - ?/? (Slay)
#7 - In The workplace - Prof Beef/?

I don't know shit about comic books either, having reigun or Slay join would be best, preferably both.

Saturday or Sunday work best for you guys (Devo/Beef)?

I know the sunday 8pm est is the earliest for Sundays and the time isn't best for DY.

What times are you guys available Saturdays?

onemic -
immortal -
DY -
Moris - Alllllll day
Beef - 2pm pst - ?
Devo - Alllll day

trixx

Static Shock is definately one of my favourite superheroes. The tv show was entertaining and his stories were a bit realer than those of other super heroes. Also the fact that hes half Ghanaian gives him bonus points. His humour and the secondary characters also made the series.

Top Bottom