• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

So is CPT still a stereotype if it's actually real?

Stereotypes are almost based in some kind of fact/pattern, that's how they came into existence.

But me and my family always factor "black-time" into equation for weddings, banquets, family reunions, parties, etc and we're ALWAYS right. Still remember that one wedding we went to that started a hour and a half after the schedule time because the motherfuckas didn't have the dress! On the wedding day! Alot of us black folks were laughing/smiling/knowingly shaking our heads at each other on the groom side, but boooooy those white people on the other side of the aisle were lookin' pissed

I'm really starting to think colored people time is a real thing.

I read an article about it how people look at time is cultural. Switzerland was the country most on time due to the amount of clocks vs parts of African being the least on time due to time being guesstimated by the location of the sun or other natural factors. So yes CPT does exist but it's not relegated to black people, various cultures all view time differently.

Slayven

Goddamn, folks ain't shit now a days. Neighbor just came to my door to tell me some dudes jacked my spare satellite dish from the side of the house. Broad damn daylight.

Goddamn, folks ain't shit now a days. Neighbor just came to my door to tell me some dudes jacked my spare satellite dish from the side of the house. Broad damn daylight.

In a weird way, you just gotta respect the balls to do that. I'm picturing in my head a dude running down the street with a big ass satellite dish in his hands.

Slayven

In a weird way, you just gotta respect the balls to do that. I'm picturing in my head a dude running down the street with a big ass satellite dish in his hands.

I am not mad, just disappointed and feeling a tad violated. The metal heads are getting as much in as they can because they just passed a new law that makes it hell trying to sell scrap.

I am more worried they might be bold enough to test my doors or windows.

I'm sorry bruh, but I just laughed my ass off at this post. A damn satellite dish? Hard times man.

I read an article about it how people look at time is cultural. Switzerland was the country most on time due to the amount of clocks vs parts of African being the least on time due to time being guesstimated by the location of the sun or other natural factors. So yes CPT does exist but it's not relegated to black people, various cultures all view time differently.

It drove me nuts when we went to Hawaii and the tables were turned. Go to a local restaurant and order a drink....then WAIT for the server to get around to it.

I think its generational as well. My in-laws are Chinese; the younger ones will come to the party on serious CPT. The older ones are there when they said they'd be there. On the dot if not early. I've also noticed that when its time to go, they're gone. Goodbye is goodbye, whereas with some cultures, it takes about a half hour from the time you're announcing you're leaving to the time you actually do.

I'm of the opinion that anything can be funny. Racial stereotypes, national tragedies, dick jokes, rape jokes, you know it. Which does not mean EVERYTHING is funny, or that it can be funny everywhere. I don't know how effective a joke will be if you're at the guy's funeral and the audience is the deceased family. But I'm not gonna pretend I'm a saint and haven't done some off-color jokes among friends about some sad news story. It helps that I know my friends and the things they like and things they think are offensive or they're uncomfortable with talking/joking about.

So I guess that's really the topic at hand there. If GAF is a community(which it is), like a big group of friends from different backgrounds and ways of life, the chances of you offending somebody or someone taking your shock humor in an offensive way multiplies tenfold. And when it does, there's always that one guy who gets uppity about somebody possibly being offended.

And so it goes.

Slayven

Man had a fucked dream. Dreamed that demons and vampires were kidnapping white women and black people to create a new Confederate States of America. And me and Gina Torres was on a team to stop them.

Onemic

Reading the UFC 148 thread. So much damn salt.

I really dont know how anyone thought Sonnen would win. He lost the last fight(read: submitted) on steroids and with Silva having an injured rib. He just straight embarrassed him this fight. And the classiness and clearly subtle diss after the fight was golden. Sonnen totally knew what he was doing. "You can come to my house for a barbeque any time!"

That being said I think Silva honestly embarrassed him to the point that he can't fight in the UFC anymore unless he moves weight classes. He's never gonna fight Silva again after that match and with his legendary shit talking skills, he should just join the WWE. He'll probably net way more money there anyway.

Slayven

Its incredible. My wife and I think he may be slightly special needs. He never makes sense and has all these special needs faces that he makes.
That would explain alot about him and lil scrappy. But it says alot about the woman that want to fool with these dudes.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i saw part of an episode where a dude was threatening a chick(at least it seemed that way) in a parking lot, and i bounced right there

It makes black women look real bad. Real talk. VH1 loves shitting on black women. BBall Wives, Love n Hip Hop, Flavor of love......

Man, I watched all of Flavor of Love 1, 2, and most of 3(I came back for New York, that wonderful, crazy-ass woman). I still remember that one chick who couldn't get into the bathroom, so she walked away and took a shit right there in the hallway.

Shit was crazy

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man had a fucked dream. Dreamed that demons and vampires were kidnapping white women and black people to create a new Confederate States of America. And me and Gina Torres was on a team to stop them.

One word.

Kickstarter.

Wasn't there one with RayJ too?

Yep, lol forgot about that one.

Man, I watched all of Flavor of Love 1, 2, and most of 3(I came back for New York, that wonderful, crazy-ass woman). I still remember that one chick who couldn't get into the bathroom, so she walked away and took a shit right there in the hallway.

Shit was crazy
Flavor of Love was my shit. Trash tv hits the spot sometimes.

Wasn't there one with RayJ too?

Yeah, there's where that RayJ gif came from if you're familiar with it

ray-j-gif-0c662.jpg

I watched that one, too. It mostly follows the same formula, but I can at least see why women would be attracted to this guy outside the celebrity/money status. Flavor Flav just seemed like the ugliest, socially-retarded troll on the face of the Earth, and that dude got THREE seasons.

Yeah that gif was the best thing to come out of that show. Also I gotta be real guys, New York was the greatest female troll in existence.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yeah, there's where that RayJ gif came from if you're familiar with it

ray-j-gif-0c662.jpg

I watched that one, too. It mostly follows the same formula, but I can at least see why women would be attracted to this guy outside the celebrity/money status. Flavor Flav just seemed like the ugliest, socially-retarded troll on the face of the Earth, and that dude got THREE seasons.

what fucking scene is that from? i have to see the live reaction to it.

Yeah that gif was the best thing to come out of that show. Also I gotta be real guys, New York was the greatest female troll in existence.

I looooove New York. I couldn't stand to even be in a conversation with her, but just watching her made pretty much anything watchable.

tumblr_m2u4vludnK1qdiw63o1_400.gif

tumblr_m0stzniTWl1qbt8rd.gif

missny-beyonce.gif

Shame about those implants, though, that shit was a mess. Don't do it Devo, no matter what Timedog says.

It makes black women look real bad. Real talk. VH1 loves shitting on black women. BBall Wives, Love n Hip Hop, Flavor of love......

Dunno if I agree with this. Reality shows tend to be aimed at woman, and tend to feature a lot of stupid female characters regardless of race. Whether it's BBall Wives or Jersey Shore. There's a big market for that shit, and every race seems to enjoy watching themselves fucking up

Top Bottom