• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Gorillaz

I remember the Flavor of Love era....god, it was addicting...but it was a guilty pleasure because it's almost painful seeing people be made a fool of like that on TV. I had to stop watching it at one point due to how ghetto it looked....espesically within our own community.

Anyone listened to get smoked by lil mouse? When I saw the video I couldn't shake my head enough to show how disappointing it was. I would link the video but I'm on my phone.

I remember the Flavor of Love era....god, it was addicting...but it was a guilty pleasure because it's almost painful seeing people be made a fool of like that on TV. I had to stop watching it at one point due to how ghetto it looked....espesically within our own community.

Man which of the ladies (or men in ILNY case) made it big after the show?

TON2H.jpg

Gorillaz

People say it is scripted, I guess to a point it is. But there is only so much foolishness you can script before they have to tap what is already there.

I saw a commercial for it where a chick said something like " I need to get this dance move right or im goin back to the strip club"

I know that the show is partly scripted...but I honestly feel at times this is genuwine. It's too terrible to be fake.

Man, I think that's the point. This show is a train wreck, and I think that is on purpose.

That show gives me all kind of ratchet life

From Mimi the jousted baby moms who chases some guy who looks like a demon

To the 1990s producer who fell far from grace, still goes around calling himself handsome even though he looks like Droopy and Terry Crews lovechild

To Jose (Jocelyn) the transexual with the speech impediment ( Do you rebby lub me Stebbie?) who faked being pregnant, going around chasing the demon

To Rasheeda who is just as classy hood as she wants to be

To Momma Dee, and her psychotic ass living in a gated section 8 apartment neighborhood with public assistance and the bars on the window

To Lil Scrap, who is just as grown and childlike as he want to be, and puttin paws on Stebbie

To Southern Olivia. I forgot her name. K. Nicki or something? Like her music. She struggling

This show is pure struggle and fuckery and setting black people 10 years back and I LOVE IT.

When Jose said "He mek me brefis den drop me awf at the bershun clinic" I Died.

Top Bottom