• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

XenodudeX

I don't know why you guys are surprised. Hollywood (and the fashion industry) are probably the most racist industries in the world right now.

Kreed

it would have made more sense that the bullshit reason we got.

IMO, the real reason for this decision is Ant Man and Guardians are more likely to make Marvel "block buster millions" than a Black Panther film. Wakanda is a location, not a character, and it's not a requirement for this film to be made. If for "some reason" it really was more difficult to film/create Wakanda than Asgard, let the Black Panther fight some villains in LA/New York and just mention Wakanda in a flashback. Sure Black Panther fans may be annoyed but at least we would get the film.

ReiGun

IMO, the real reason for this decision is Ant Man and Guardians are more likely to make Marvel "block buster millions" than a Black Panther film. Wakanda is a location, not a character, and it's not a requirement for this film to be made. If for "some reason" it really was more difficult to film/create Wakanda than Asgard, let the Black Panther fight some villains in LA/New York and just mention Wakanda in a flashback. Sure Black Panther fans may be annoyed but at least we would get the film.

They could have made the movie adapting the first stories from Priest's run, where Panther comes to America to uncover a plot by various governments and underworld organizations to usurp his throne and take control of Wakanda. Panther fans would love it since it's generally agreed that Priest's run was the best take on the character, you would only need to have a few scenes in Wakanda making it easier on filming, and the studios would even have a likeable white character in Agent Ross. Everyone wins.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

ill take it at this point. id take a movie, but if he was introduced in an one of the big threes movies only to have a movie later down the line, i would deal.

How would a Black Panther video game work/be set up?

someone is selling vibranium to be used for weapons. panther hunts down the leads and takes out all traces of the vibranium, which makes him cross paths with various characters, with the final battle being against dr klaw.

Slayven

3Ledm.jpg

PK Gaming

I don't even like Black Panther like that but damn stop with the bullshit excuses. And I think I might make a race thread you guys.

Same here, I can't stand that Gary Stu (for instance, Black Panther fights Silver Surfer and forces him to surrender 9.9) but their reasoning for not making a BP film is... pretty bad and kind of low, even by hollywood standards. This is....

harSon

Banned
They probably would have cast Robert Pattinson as Black Panter if they had greenlit the film anyways. Hollywood doesn't give a fuck if don't make sense.

The Walking Dead takes place in Atlanta, Georgia? Fuck it, we're casting all White people anyways.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
is ant-man actually getting a movie? lol. green lantern was a huge flop even tho he has like 4 series. i think ant-man will kill the superhero genre.

it has all the components to work, (including a good director) if its good and fails, then shit is messed up

Kreed

is ant-man actually getting a movie? lol. green lantern was a huge flop even tho he has like 4 series. i think ant-man will kill the superhero genre.

Not just Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy got green lit, so let's not give Marvel more excuses. It's not like tons of people were buying Blade comics or even knew who the character was prior to Wesley Snipes playing the character in 3 films.

Top Bottom