• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Imm0rt4l

I forgive you.

I was afraid for Skyler through that whole scene. Holy shit, the entire episode was intense, but man that scene was unnerving.

I forgive you=Don't ever do some shit like that again.....oh and now that you are aware that I have a proclivity for killing people that get in my way(old people in nursing homes be damned), there's going to be a lot of weight in my words. "I am the one who knocks"

I'm so glad Breaking Bad is back.

28 minutes until it airs here.

Can't wait. I've avoided everything, and am rooting for Skyler to be killed soon.

The closest arcade around here is Sunnyvale Golfland. There ain't really a good selection, but they've got a Gauntlet Dark Legacy machine so it's alright in my book.

That's not too far from me. Last arcade I went to was one in Carmel Mountain. I remember looking at some of the arcade machines now and thinking they looked terrible compared to games now.

A black person can't run a super powerful, rich nation

michelle-obama-mad.jpg

Except there's a whole nation, plus they control Vibranium (or did), and actually got richer. I'd love to see reactions to that trailers. A whole nation of Denzels, Halles and Wesley running shit.

10M opening weekend.

ReiGun

Dan Slott's Twitter said:
I'm a Jewish comic book fan! Where's MY Jewish super hero movie?! ‪#JustKidding‬ ‪#DontSeeMeYellingAntiSemitismDoYou‬? ‪#DocSamsonNOW‬! :p

Don't do this Dan. I like you. :(

People would be trying to book trips to this fictional country.
"Where is Wakanda?" would be a number one Twitter search item within days.

T'Challa will be played by Will Smith, he is proven to be the one black guy people will go out to see in summer blockbusters. Ya'll just better get ready for Big Willie Style.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I don't think I could take it if any of those could happen. Together, and I would picket the movie.

Slayven

Master P comes out of retirement to do the scoring and soundtrack. Silkk the Shocker, Ma$e, and Tone Loc on the title track.

ReiGun

ReiGun

Joe Caramagna's Twitter said:
I wish all of these T'Challa fans were around when they were publishing Black Panther comic books... ;-)
Yeah, cause people have just been lining up to read Ant-Man comics for years, Joe. No character has ever moved books the way ol' Hank Pym has.

The Panther movie not happening was whatever to me cause I always felt that it wasn't gonna pan out. But shit like this, where people take condescending tones with those who are upset, pisses me off. And Dan Slott's argument of "It's okay cause Blade had a movie and Miles Morales and Luke Cage do stuff in the comics" isn't any better. It's like they feel so obligated to defend Marvel they can't see people who were getting excited about the movie, and see the absurdity in Marvel saying Wakanda is too hard while making a film about a talking tree and a gun wielding raccoon would make some people upset.

Ugh. Let me get my black ass off twitter. lol

Recon

Banned
Yeah, cause people have just been lining up to read Ant-Man comics for years, Joe. No character has ever moved books the way ol' Hank Pym has.

The Panther movie not happening was whatever to me cause I always felt that it wasn't gonna pan out. But shit like this, where people take condescending tones with those who are upset, pisses me off. And Dan Slott's argument of "It's okay cause Blade had a movie and Miles Morales and Luke Cage do stuff in the comics" isn't any better. It's like they feel so obligated to defend Marvel they can't see people who were getting excited about the movie, and see the absurdity in Marvel saying Wakanda is too hard while making a film about a talking tree and a gun wielding raccoon would make some people upset.

I am white, but disappointed in Panther not happening during Phase 2, but I have hope for Phase 3(along with Dr.Strange!!). Though it is very understandable for them to go cosmic with Thanos being set up.

ReiGun

I am white, but disappointed in Panther not happening during Phase 2, but I have hope for Phase 3(along with Dr.Strange!!). Though it is very understandable for them to go cosmic with Thanos being set up.

I don't mind them bringing in cosmic Marvel or any of that. I'm excited for GotG and Ant-Man. I could just do without the bs excuses and condescension.

If Phase 3 has Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther, that would be lovely.

Recon

Banned
I don't mind them bringing in cosmic Marvel or any of that. I'm excited for GotG and Ant-Man. I could just do without the bs excuses and condescension.

If Phase 3 had Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther, that would be lovely.

Yeah, the excuses are a bit "lol" worthy. But I will be honest, the idea of seeing Rocket Raccoon has gotten me way more excited than anything else Marvel has done. Plus with Edgar Wright doing Ant Man, fuck, the next Phase will be great. I do really hope Marvel does a Panther film at some point. They can make him married to a weather forecaster named Rain.. ;-)

ReiGun

Reigun please tell me you weren't that dude arguing with Slott about this shit on Twitter, :lol

Hell no. lol As much as I disagree with Dan on this, he was at least better at arguing than that dude. I could at least stand to read what Dan was saying. Homie was just sad. lol

I better drop this Panther talk before y'all start thinking I'm crazy. The KFC war has done enough damage to my rep around here. lol

Oh, I remember people saying it was a failure because it didn't do as well as expected after the first week.

If you're talking about the BO thread, there's a fair share of people who don't understand shit.

Hancock actually made more than that, but you'd never know it going by their posts.

Onemic

If you're talking about the BO thread, there's a fair share of people who don't understand shit.

Hancock actually made more than that, but you'd never know it going by their posts.

It's why I generally stay away from sales threads. I still lol at the people that say a game must sell 1 million copies *at least* for it to break even.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

we have two black people doing things in comics. why be greedy and want more?

Top Bottom