• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

Back in high school, one of my teachers explained that AA was helped along because they explained that it would help white women. Helped me finally understand how it was passed at all. Also lets me chuckle whenever some clueless white girl puts down AA.

Gorillaz

I wish people would realize aa doesn't give you a free ticket to any university or college in the world.

Goddamn, the way some people talk Affirmative Action gives black people an instant PHD, house, car, and a red head for just being black.

This.

I have to roll my eyes when people bring up AA and welfare (to a bigger degree) as a way to stereotype and put down our community. It's even funnier when they go into detail like as if it's something magical.....

I mean give me a break.

The feds have been going after legit dispensiaries in Cali hard. It's pretty bullshit. They pay taxes ffs. Not good enough though.

Yeah I know. I was watching Weed Wars and they were talking about possibly getting shut down by the feds. Been interested in marijuana a lot lately. Just the history and legislation of it.

The feds have been going after legit dispensiaries in Cali hard. It's pretty bullshit. They pay taxes ffs. Not good enough though.

Whats "bullshit" is the way that anyone could get a pot card. We went from compassionate use, which is what was supposed to be, to a free for all. Even though I personally support full decriminalization and legalization, I'm not surprised the Feds came down on us.

I don't understand why anyone shouldn't be able to have a card.

Because that wasn't the stated intention of the law. The point was compassionate usage for people dealing with some illness or another. Chemo, cancers, aids, MS, what have you.

But it got to the point to parody. Go find the right doctor, tell them your toes hurt, and bam, theres your card. I know of a 15yo kid that got a card because he had insomnia. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Again I personally don't care if normal, healthy people just want to get high. To each his own. But don't hide behind people that really benefit from medical pot, and don't be surprised when the Feds drop the hammer on casual users.

Because that wasn't the stated intention of the law. The point was compassionate usage for people dealing with some illness or another. Chemo, cancers, aids, MS, what have you.

But it got to the point to parody. Go find the right doctor, tell them your toes hurt, and bam, theres your card. I know of a 15yo kid that got a card because he had insomnia. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Again I personally don't care if normal, healthy people just want to get high. To each his own. But don't hide behind people that really benefit from medical pot, and don't be surprised when the Feds drop the hammer on casual users.

Yeah I should have phrased that differently. I understand what you're saying.

Ironically, the creator of God of War wants Djimon Hounsou to play Kratos if a movie is ever made.

Just because a character is voiced by a black actor and is played by a black actor in the movie doesn't make him black. He has to live in Compton and enjoy Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits.

Thought I'd share this and that this might be the best place:

Where I'm living now, there's a large Muslim community of eastern African people (don't know the exact country though). A couple weeks ago, I saw some old white man telling one of those people that he needs to wear some American clothes. He was pointing at him while talking and grabbing (well, pinching) the guy's clothing, saying he needs to get a shirt that say's the state name or something.

I kept walking past, but the further I walked away the more pissed off I got. I turned around and told him that I'm not from the area either. I asked if I should change my wardrobe too.

"Yeah, people gotta be proud of where they live," he said. "You gotta have some respect."

"I had better go out and buy a ton of state merchandise then," I said. "That way, people won't give me shit for the way I dress. Hell, I should take up screen-printing and and print 'Minnesota' on every piece of clothing I own."

I don't know if he even realized I was pointing out him being a nationalist asshole.

Is this a thing? Do younger people honestly feel threatened by foreigners in this way? I know the guy was old and probably was raised in an environment that taught him to be "patriotic" and to force that on others, but that understanding only goes so far.

Next time tell that motherfucker the only American way to dress is American flag hammer pants, shirt and striped bandana and that he's failing too.

homepage_left_fixed.jpg

The only true patriotic gear. Dress like you live here assholes.

I'll buy/wear that tracksuit and find the guy, then drag him out onto a NASCAR track and ask if this is what he meant about being proud of where you live.

This latest batch of juniors is the worst. Hands down.

Aw jeez, I hope I'm not on the worse side of this group :(

I also wanted to apologize if I came across as judgmental/invasive in that one topic. It's jsut something I'm curious about and trying to wrap my head around it. I could never have en experience the same way you would and I wanted to understand. It's the same deal with my girlfriend who speaks fluent English and Spanish. She grew up knowing both. I sometimes ask her what an English phrase/word in Spanish feels/sounds like and she sometimes gets annoyed.

Even if I learned Spanish now, I would never really know it the way she does and since words have different connotations across different languages, I'm always fascinated by how they differ. If you had done what I was asking you about, I could never experience it the same way you could, even if I got a sex-change. I'd still have a male mind and that's different.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Next time tell that motherfucker the only American way to dress is American flag hammer pants, shirt and striped bandana and that he's failing too.

homepage_left_fixed.jpg

The only true patriotic gear. Dress like you live here assholes.

The kicker is that shit like that always has a huge tag on it saying made in china lol. America fuck yeah!

RedSwirl

Ironically, the creator of God of War wants Djimon Hounsou to play Kratos if a movie is ever made.

Kratos was actually modeled after Djimon.

Wasn't there a cutscene in one of the GOW games where it showed Kratos before he got white skin?

And for some reason to me, Kratos just doesn't look right in any of those cut scenes. It's like the skin tone just doesn't fit his body. I know it's messed up, but I kinda do envision Kratos as black.

PK Gaming

Yeah I love GoW1. Great game, that came out of nowhere and blew me away. The story was surprisingly good too.

GoW2's story was kind of bad (Kratos' motivations suck ass) but the game was 2X as fun as the original, so I let the poor slide.

GoW3 was ultimately disappointing. Inferior story AND shitty story. The final boss seriously sucked. Gameplay wise it was fun, but all of that anger, contempt and aggression could have been directed at certain someone else. You know the guy who ruined your life? To bad he's dead :/

Also
Pandora's box corrupting all of the gods. Why?

Lebron

GOW ended with GOW1, everything else was stuff they pulled out of their ass for extra cash. Didn't even bother paying attention to the stories after 1.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
GOW ended with GOW1, everything else was stuff they pulled out of their ass for extra cash. Didn't even bother paying attention to the stories after 1.

yeah
I always felt like the other games are non canon.

Top Bottom