• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Yeah I know but it's accepted to make fun of minorities of the internet. Oh yeah Viewtiful JC judging by the amount of orange and blue that looks like Virginia State.

That's bullshit, everyone gets shit talked on the Internet. White people get shit on so much: "lol white people","white people can't dance", etc. I'm not saying there isnt more jokes about minorities, as I don't have that info, but you cannot act like minorities are the only ones getting ripped.

Slayven

That's bullshit, everyone gets shit talked on the Internet. White people get shit on so much: "lol white people","white people can't dance", etc. I'm not saying there isnt more jokes about minorities, as I don't have that info, but you cannot act like minorities are the only ones getting ripped.
I know I stop going to 4chan and using my Xbox headphone because I got tired of hearing the H word.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

on the internet? while people dont even come close. not trying to make it a contest, but if "white people cant dance" and "lol white people!" are the best ones of the top of your head, then you havent seen much when it comes to minorities and women.

I didn't say white people don't get ripped on. Even still saying white people can't dance is a lot tamer than the racist stuff I see and hear a lot. I never said minorities are the only one getting ripped. I just said it was accepted.

Gattsu25

Banned
I don't think it's controversial to say that the most prevalent insults on the internet are accusations (without regard for accuracy) regarding the target's status as an ethnic minority, a homosexual, or a female.

I'll never figure out why any of the above are considered qualities worthy of contempt by internet assholes.

tell me why I can't go to 4chan without nigger all over the place

i just want to make friends

Onemic

I have to do it

Clayton Bigsby
(Today, 06:45 PM)

Now I know yall blacks have a hard time getting a job over similarly qualified whites and pay higher interest rates with the same credit and I know you guys are more likely to get pulled over and searched but listen, some guy got onstage and said i liked mayonnaise so I know that feel bros. We all know that feel.

Reading comprehension, how does that work?Jokes=/=hate speech. I was specifically responding to a post talking about jokes on minorities. Jesus Christ...

But yes, feel free to ignore the point.

Reading comprehension, how does that work?Jokes=/=hate speech. I was specifically responding to a post talking about jokes on minorities. Jesus Christ...
I don't think anyone can doubt that everyone in general gets joked on. It would be infantile for someone to say that only minorities get it.

Now, as far as who gets the brunt of all the jokes...

Also, Jokes can equal hate speech.

Onemic

Now I know yall blacks have a hard time getting a job over similarly qualified whites and pay higher interest rates with the same credit and I know you guys are more likely to get pulled over and searched but listen, some guy got onstage and said i liked mayonnaise so I know that feel bros. We all know that feel.

I was actually having a discussion(argument) on this with a guy on SRK and he was saying that blacks have a free pass when it comes to getting jobs because corporations get tax breaks for hiring minorities over equally qualified whites. Good times.

I don't think anyone can doubt that everyone in general gets joked on. It would be infantile for someone to say that only minorities get it.

Now, as far as who gets the brunt of all the jokes...

I even conceded that minorities might get joked on more. But you cannot ignore that it is more socially acceptable to make fun of white people publicly.

But yes, feel free to ignore the point.

A lot of people consider that hate speech jokes. To the above post why do you need to come in here and make that point?

Onemic

I even conceded that minorities might get joked on more. But you cannot ignore that it is more socially acceptable to make fun of white people publicly.

Yes, but you can't ignore the fact that many white jokes are pretty tame in terms of being insensitive. You can't equate saying white people can't dance to black people are good at basketball because they can shoot, run, and steal.

Gattsu25

Banned
That's because of the lack of hateful history behind most of those jokes.

Compare that to the histories of any of the groups I mentioned before...

A user making comments like that in this thread with that username an avatar just strikes me as a little disingenuine...just saying.

But all are welcome. Hopefully users will participate here and in threads discussing related things in a constructive way, and not a devil's advocate/ride the edge sort of way.

A lot of people consider that hate speech jokes. To the above post why do you need to come in here and make that point?
I was coming in here to respond to a stupid post that was already in here. I did not realize this community was closed off. I never said anything that wasn't true, and I'm not trying to diminish casual racism. It was one specific post that I found laughable, then I was bombarded by sarcastic jackass responses.

I was actually having a discussion(argument) on this with a guy on SRK and he was saying that blacks have a free pass when it comes to getting jobs because corporations get tax breaks for hiring minorities over equally qualified whites. Good times.

LOL. Pepsico had to pay over 3 mil this year for discriminatory hiring practices. And most companies get called out on it at all. Whoever that guy is just needs to look at the numbers.

I was coming in here to respond to a stupid post that was already in here. I did not realize this community was closed off. I never said anything that wasn't true, and I'm not trying to diminish casual racism. It was one specific post that I found laughable, then I was bombarded by sarcastic jackass responses.
Come on, dude. Don't be like that. This thread is open to everyone.

Excuse us if we seem a little jaded. We've dealt with this kind of stuff for too long.

Come on, dude. Don't be like that. This thread is open to everyone.

Excuse us if we seem a little jaded. We've dealt with this kind of stuff for too long.
I understand that, but people looked way too deep into my post and did not take time to realize what I was actually saying. I mean, bringing up 4chan as an example of general internet users is troll worthy.

Top Bottom