• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

3919445740_c757bfffde.jpg

My world?

So in comics black guys get white chicks if they're aliens and fetishize them? What.

hahah oh wow, i saw a thead that started with "Living Things" and was like 'no, someone didn't just make a "living things OT" up in here', but it was just for the Linkin Park album... but for a few seconds i was like "here we go again"

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I predict the next World War will be over fried chicken, people go why too hard over their choice in that matter.

I wonder what president Obama and Romney eats in terms of chicken?
This should be a debate question. lmfao

black men with white women is a rare occurence. but black men with black women is drawing blanks for me too.

not really. I remember Jackson King/Christine Trelane from Stormwatch, and Luke Cage/Jessica Jones from Avengers for B/W couples, and there's obviously T'Challa and Storm for black/black pairings. Archangel was dating a black cop named charlotte jones waaaaaay back in the day as well.

I'm sure there's more, but really comics don't do all that well when focusing on committed relationships- there's a reason there's a ton of Xmen and almost none of them have children.

SmokyDave

I can't believe you haven't resolved the chicken issue in the last 25,000 posts.

If you order fried chicken, and you enjoy it, you're in the right place.

KFC.

SmokyDave

If you ever come to the states I will get you some Maryland's. Good chicken but you have to go pass the hood to get it.
Works for me. I grew up flat broke on a council estate (think 'projects' if not full on 'hood'). You can't wash that smell of 'poor' off you* but when you find yourself in a sketchy area, that shit helps.

We only really have KFC here in the UK so I don't think my vote should count for shit.

*seriously, you can't. I earn more than my parents did, I have a middle class girlfriend, I live well and I dress well. Put me in a group with broke people in it and they'll sniff me out in seconds.

Somebody gotta explain that face that keeps cropping up in avatars this month
Jeremy Hunt. UK politician, rhymes with a recently banned word. We UK chaps took it hard because that word is nigh-on a friendly greeting for some of us.

Now I know I'm one to talk and I don't have a right to say anything about trolling but someone please tell me we're being trolled with this Church's Chicken nonsense. Surely people don't actually eat there? I always thought the restaurants, using the term very loosely, were a front for narcotics/prostitution operations. But people actually spend money to eat their chicken? We gotta do better.

Slayven

Now I know I'm one to talk and I don't have a right to say anything about trolling but someone please tell me we're being trolled with this Church's Chicken nonsense. Surely people don't actually eat there? I always thought the restaurants, using the term very loosely, were a front for narcotics/prostitution operations. But people actually spend money to eat their chicken? We gotta do better.

Some people like the test of Struggle chicken.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Like I've mentioned many times, I've acknowledged that they look like drug fronts, or mad max sets, but the food inside is good. It makes me think that people don't eat there, but drive by and see the two homeless dudes going at it with a bottle and say the food sucks. Its a dangerous venture sure, but its a worthwhile venture.

Slayven

Like I've mentioned many times, I've acknowledged that they look like drug fronts, or mad max sets, but the food inside is good. It makes me think that people don't eat there, but drive by and see the two homeless dudes going at it with a bottle and say the food sucks. Its a dangerous venture sure, but its a worthwhile venture.

See, you are setting people for a real life "Judgement Night".

BHZ Mayor

No it's not. STOP THIS MADNESS. The chicken there is bland as hell. The only thing worth going in there for is the prices, the honey glazed biscuits, and maybe the chicken strips, and possibly the chicken sandwich if you're really hungry.

Parallax

No it's not. STOP THIS MADNESS. The chicken there is bland as hell. The only thing worth going in there for is the prices, the honey glazed biscuits, and maybe the chicken strips, and possibly the chicken sandwich if you're really hungry.

Bland? What the hell?

Parallax

Yes, bland, and also greasy as THEE fuck.

But on a non-chicken note, I had a random thought while listening to the radio today. How many people, say, 15 and under could, without any context, tell you who this is.

24689__Michael-Jackson4.jpg

that's bullshit. Bland it is not.

And people wouldn't recognize young mike? Why?

Top Bottom