• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ecurbj

Or like this

954528fccd2c11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg
Damn, she cute. Fuck.

For serious though, all the random-ass outrage over Serena and Douglas got me wondering if there has ever been an athlete - black or otherwise - who hasn't gotten criticized over things they've done on the field/court/etc. I don't really follow sports too closely, but I can't imagine that there has been. Why the anger now? Just because it's the Olympics?

Kreed

For serious though, all the random-ass outrage over Serena and Douglas got me wondering if there has ever been an athlete - black or otherwise - who hasn't gotten criticized over things they've done on the field/court/etc. I don't really follow sports too closely, but I can't imagine that there has been. Why the anger now? Just because it's the Olympics?

In the case of Serena and Douglas you're dealing with "popular" professional athletes. You are going to get criticized somehow by someone when you are a popular athlete whether it's by how you look or how you perform. But had someone on one of the table tennis/water polo teams done the crip walk it wouldn't have even made the GAF radar.

Also, I don't consider any of this "real" criticism. No one major in the media or the news has complained so far, it's random (black) people on Facebook and Twitter voicing their opinions, which is just a step above "youtube comments". If we start considering these people as legitimate critics, then you would be right that no athlete in the Olympics or any professional sport has ever not been criticized somehow. I could name any athlete from Phelps to one of the Romanian fencing representatives and find a twitter complaint somewhere, probably in multiple languages.

One off southern inspired places are the best though. They're not technically fast food but they might as well be.

Oh no doubt. "Most" was carefully selected :D

There is definitely better to be had...just not out of many major chains. At least, not that I've found. Speaking of which, the best fried chicken I've had was in the Dominican. Can't remember the fastfood chain but it was local and that chicken was beyond good.

I wouldnt trust fried chicken not made in the south.

Man we're in fucking Florida. What fast food restaurant here are we going to find better chicken at? I'll wait.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'd leave my grandmother in the car all day to get some quality jerk pork

Oh no doubt. "Most" was carefully selected :D

There is definitely better to be had...just not out of many major chains. At least, not that I've found. Speaking of which, the best fried chicken I've had was in the Dominican. Can't remember the fastfood chain but it was local and that chicken was beyond good.

Caribbean food is some of the best when it comes to fried dishes.

Recon

Banned
Caribbean food is some of the best when it comes to fried dishes.

Going to Jamaican family reunions is the best thing ever. First girlfriend was from there, moved to the states pretty young. But her family could throw down. Who knew I would love curry goat? And expertly made jerk chicken? Fuck....I miss her family's food.

Going to Jamaican family reunions is the best thing ever. First girlfriend was from there, moved to the states pretty young. But her family could throw down. Who knew I would love curry goat? And expertly made jerk chicken? Fuck....I miss her family's food.

Cuban and Puerto Rican are wonderful too. Rice and beans. Buttered garlic shrimp. Mofongo. So good.

Recon

Banned
Cuban and Puerto Rican are wonderful too. Rice and beans. Buttered garlic shrimp. Mofongo. So good.

Yeah, I have had the pleasure of dating a Puerto Rican woman for a short time. Man...she and her mom would always make these bean and rice dishes..so simple, but so good.

In the case of Serena and Douglas you're dealing with "popular" professional athletes. You are going to get criticized somehow by someone when you are a popular athlete whether it's by how you look or how you perform. But had someone on one of the table tennis/water polo teams done the crip walk it wouldn't have even made the GAF radar.

Also, I don't consider any of this "real" criticism. No one major in the media or the news has complained so far, it's random (black) people on Facebook and Twitter voicing their opinions, which is just a step above "youtube comments". If we start considering these people as legitimate critics, then you would be right that no athlete in the Olympics or any professional sport has ever not been criticized somehow. I could name any athlete from Phelps to one of the Romanian fencing representatives and find a twitter complaint somewhere, probably in multiple languages.
Yeah, I figured it wasn't "real" criticism, but it's still curious. I hate on shit all the time, but even I can give props where they're due. Just seems like all of a sudden people are coming out the woodwork JUST to hate. It's so damn mystifying.
I'd leave my grandmother in the car all day to get some quality jerk pork

Never had it. What's it taste like?

Top Bottom