• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
He eventually got to at the end, though.

But the later seasons of Family Matters were pretty piss poor. When the show started focusing too much on Jaleel's alter-egos and Harriette was replaced it wasn't as good as the start of the show.

they switched to cbs, im sure that had a lot to do with all the changes.

akira28

sillies? Sports Junkie lingo?

Yeah white wimmen is a recurring topic in BlackGAF.

edit: the only reference that comes to mind for me is the Sundress Sillies parties local DJs the Sport Junkies would have, encouraging women to come to radio events to compete for who looked the sexiest in a sundress.

'Sillies' being a euphemism for ....

Get Sillies

Morris Brown is close to bring foreclosed upon and disappearing forever: http://www.ajc.com/news/with-foreclosure-looming-morris-1504312.html

edit: apparently, there are still 50 students there o0

Yeah I don't know who those 50 students are but they are loyal.

"The mood around here is realistic," Harrison said. "Although we are praying to God that he will assist us, the school does have its feet on the ground and is looking at this seriously and realistically.

I thought prayer was the auto-win button. Doesn't seem like they have much faith tbh.

Drake said it best...

"noooo dont do it.
please dont do it.
if one of us goes in then we all go through it."

...even if he was talking about something completely different lol.

image.php

akira28

I think originally it mean a woman's breasts, but it eventually came to just mean a 'hottie' Or someone 'so attractive it was silly'. Faze, would you like to clarify?

Morris Brown is close to bring foreclosed upon and disappearing forever: http://www.ajc.com/news/with-foreclosure-looming-morris-1504312.html

edit: apparently, there are still 50 students there o0

That's some solidarity, but it must be awfully depressing to actually go to classes; like being one of the few kids who went to school on a really rainy day, but way worse. The idea that you're spending money at a school mired in debt can't help, either. It's like paying someone for something important, who in turn has to throw it into a ditch.

i dont even know what the hell we are talking about. are sillies white women?
I think? Probably, yeah. It might be context-sensitive, though. I'm so confused!

Does black gaf like house music; its hard to meet the really sexy ladies here if you don't cos all the clubs play it
Not really, sorry; the closest things I've heard to house music are the Sonic R and Streets of Rage soundtracks.

RedSwirl

Just as a reference, how often do you guys have to run to the Barber shop to maintain a skin fade? I've always been told my hair grows abnormally fast which is why I used to have to go literally every other week as a kid. That's the primary reason why I've been going with the 'fro since I was 12, which I have to shape up and trim down roughly monthly.

Lastly, anyone face this issue living somewhere that doesn't have enough black people to warrant a barber shop staffed by brothers? Everyone I find and ask about barber shops either does it themselves or is just visiting here from a town about 45 minutes away. Just getting a haircut sometimes is a three-hour ordeal for me because of distance alone.

Imm0rt4l

I'm convinced he made that word up. I've heard shit from Becky, pinktoe, to snowbunny, but I aint ever heard of a fucking silly.

edit: I don't know any of the more recent DC slang. Do you guys also use the word "moe"?.

Just as a reference, how often do you guys have to run to the Barber shop to maintain a skin fade? I've always been told my hair grows abnormally fast which is why I used to have to go literally every other week as a kid. That's the primary reason why I've been going with the 'fro since I was 12, which I have to shape up and trim down roughly monthly.

Lastly, anyone face this issue living somewhere that doesn't have enough black people to warrant a barber shop staffed by brothers? Everyone I find and ask about barber shops either does it themselves or is just visiting here from a town about 45 minutes away. Just getting a haircut sometimes is a three-hour ordeal for me because of distance alone.

Every other week is pretty standard. I went to school in a small college town, finding black barbers was a problem for a while. I did find one, my barbers were a Mexican cat and a black dude, had to book appointments because pretty much everyone at the school went to the same barbers if they weren't cutting their own hair.

This is why I grew dreads I only need a retwist once a month to take care of the quick growth

Slayven

I want a black cast in Paranormal Activity, but then I imagine the script would be "Oh hell nah", a slammed door and the camera left rolling on the floor.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I want a black cast in Paranormal Activity, but then I imagine the script would be "Oh hell nah", a slammed door and the camera left rolling on the floor.

I dunno how I could do it without making the black dude look as bad as Idris Elba in Obsessed.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
His problem was he was a man in a Lifetime movie. Men are damned in a Lifetime movie. They can not do anything right until a women believes him.

I totally read that as, "they can not do anything right until a white women believes in him." I was fucking cracking up.

Slayven

Everybody seen that pic where the twoheaded conjoined twins are giving a NJ right? What if one of them are not into the dude?

Top Bottom