• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DominoKid

as much as im up on comic history, i've never really fucked w/ the Black Panther.
im more of a Batman, X-Men type fan.

They find new ways to define "Try hard".

for real. you could probably twice as good on half the price w/ just some jeans and a buttonup w/ a nice pattern. or even a sweater. or some combo of the two.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Its crazy, whats even funnier is some of them are now saying since Batman has better story he wins. Im like wtf? Batman shoots an God with a gun everyone is saying "Thats our Batman!!!" Black Panther tricks the Devil and he is poorly written. Black man cant catch a break even in fiction.

whats killing me is that its cool for bats to clown supes because hes naive and trusting ang he has a kryptonite ring. if he wanted to, bats would get torn before even using the damn thing.

but an attempt that was put together with stealth, surveillance, and a whole lot of stalking, and whatever? "thats unbelievable"

Nameless

You know, every time I stumble on "My Wife and Kids" in syndication I'm always shocked at how good it is and how well it holds up. Legitimately quality sitcom.

ReiGun

You know, every time I stumble on "My Wife and Kids" in syndication I'm always shocked at how good it is and how well it holds up. Legitimately quality sitcom.

Jay is really the only part of the show I couldn't stand. Well, her and the little genius kid.

Jay's only good bits were the episodes that focused on how competitive she was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
whats killing me is that its cool for bats to clown supes because hes naive and trusting ang he has a kryptonite ring. if he wanted to, bats would get torn before even using the damn thing.

but an attempt that was put together with stealth, surveillance, and a whole lot of stalking, and whatever? "thats unbelievable"

How does Black Panther stalk someone who travels through space? Did they give him magical bullshit space powers now too?

Aliens, Heat, Star Trek, Deep Blue Sea, Night of the Living Dead, hell even Apocalypse Now.
Asian women, technically. Poor ol Morpheus

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Though this probably doesn't count, considering the message of the movie and the ending, Keith David survived until the credits in "The Thing."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
How does Black Panther stalk someone who travels through space? Did they give him magical bullshit space powers now too?

...its mephisto, he lives off of making deals with humans then watching them suffer for it. hes probably on earth more than he is his own dimension.

DominoKid

Jay is really the only part of the show I couldn't stand. Well, her and the little genius kid.

Jay's only good bits were the episodes that focused on how competitive she was.

how could you not like Franklin aka El Foosay
Jay was tolerable just cause she's nice to look at but she was forever going too hard.

Didn't everyone die at the end of the mk series?

Technically, yes. Then MK9 went and flipped the script (putting my synopsis under a spoiler just in case nobody wants to be spoiled).

MK9 starts at the end of MK: Armageddon with only Raiden and Shao Kahn left alive. Raiden is about to get his head smashed in by Kahn's hammer (literally), and is questioning why the Elder Gods aren't doing jack shit. As the hammer is swinging, he has a revelation: "he must win."

The story then gets rewound all the way back to MK1, with Raiden having strange visions of future events. The story from there on basically revolves around Raiden trying to change the future so Shao Kahn doesn't end up ruling everything, but Raiden continuously fucks EVERYTHING up and ends up making a Bad Future.

- He tried to convince Scorpion that Sub-Zero is innocent, but Scorpion gets tricked into killing him anyways.
- He warns Cyrax about the Lin Kuei robot ninja project, but they get turned.
- He manages to intervene enough to save Smoke from being turned into a robot, but it bites him in the ass and the new Sub-Zero ends up getting turned.
- Kung Lao ends up getting killed by Shao Kahn after being convinced to fight Kintaro, which leads to Liu Kang beating Kahn instead.

Raiden's biggest fuck-up happens during the MK3 saga. Raiden kills Motaro (the centaur dude) after seeing a vision of Motaro killing Earth Realm warriors. This makes Shao Kahn kill Shang Tsung and give his strength to Sindel. Raiden gathers all the good guys into a chapel to hide out while he and Liu Kang go to meet the Elder Gods for advice. While they're chatting it up, Sindel bursts into their hideout and kills nearly everyone except for Nightwolf (who kills himself and Sindel), Johnny Cage, and Sonya. Raiden and Liu come back to see everyone's corpses, and Kitana (who is on her last gasp) gives her love to Liu who vows revenge and calls Raiden out on all of his bullshit.

Shao Kahn is about to finish merging the realms when Raiden finally realizes what "he must win" means: Shao Kahn has to win Mortal Kombat. He tries to explain this to Liu Kang, but Liu Kang has had enough of Raiden and decides to beat the shit out of him. Raiden wins, and Liu Kang curses his name before he dies. He then fights Shao Kahn, but gets beaten and they reenact the exact same scene from the intro cutscene, until the Elder Gods finally drop by and kill Kahn. Raiden gets up, finds Cage and Sonya, then they all realize that they're the last ones alive.

ecurbj

how could you not like Franklin aka El Foosay
Jay was tolerable just cause she's nice to look at but she was forever going too hard.

Micheal: Hey Tony what does a ghost say?
Tony: Boo
Michael: Yashaka

LOL

God I loved this show. Jay was cool to look at. I agree. I always found Claire and Jr.'s girlfriend attractive. (EDIT) Ahh, her name is Vanessa! And Franklin is hilarious as hell. Tony was cool too but weird in a good way.

Miss this show...

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Technically, yes. Then MK9 went and flipped the script (putting my synopsis under a spoiler just in case nobody wants to be spoiled).

do you play online ?
cause I have yet to find anyone of gaf that does.
even the stuck up mk tournament winners on gaf act too good for online play.

RedSwirl

MK9 starts at the end of MK: Armageddon with only Raiden and Shao Kahn left alive. Raiden is about to get his head smashed in by Kahn's hammer (literally), and is questioning why the Elder Gods aren't doing jack shit. As the hammer is swinging, he has a revelation: "he must win."

The story then gets rewound all the way back to MK1, with Raiden having strange visions of future events. The story from there on basically revolves around Raiden trying to change the future so Shao Kahn doesn't end up ruling everything, but Raiden continuously fucks EVERYTHING up and ends up making a Bad Future.

- He tried to convince Scorpion that Sub-Zero is innocent, but Scorpion gets tricked into killing him anyways.
- He warns Cyrax about the Lin Kuei robot ninja project, but they get turned.
- He manages to intervene enough to save Smoke from being turned into a robot, but it bites him in the ass and the new Sub-Zero ends up getting turned.
- Kung Lao ends up getting killed by Shao Kahn after being convinced to fight Kintaro, which leads to Liu Kang beating Kahn instead.

Raiden's biggest fuck-up happens during the MK3 saga. Raiden kills Motaro (the centaur dude) after seeing a vision of Motaro killing Earth Realm warriors. This makes Shao Kahn kill Shang Tsung and give his strength to Sindel. Raiden gathers all the good guys into a chapel to hide out while he and Liu Kang go to meet the Elder Gods for advice. While they're chatting it up, Sindel bursts into their hideout and kills nearly everyone except for Nightwolf (who kills himself and Sindel), Johnny Cage, and Sonya. Raiden and Liu come back to see everyone's corpses, and Kitana (who is on her last gasp) gives her love to Liu who vows revenge and calls Raiden out on all of his bullshit.

Shao Kahn is about to finish merging the realms when Raiden finally realizes what "he must win" means: Shao Kahn has to win Mortal Kombat. He tries to explain this to Liu Kang, but Liu Kang has had enough of Raiden and decides to beat the shit out of him. Raiden wins, and Liu Kang curses his name before he dies. He then fights Shao Kahn, but gets beaten and they reenact the exact same scene from the intro cutscene, until the Elder Gods finally drop by and kill Kahn. Raiden gets up, finds Cage and Sonya, then they all realize that they're the last ones alive.

...except for Quan Chi, who is about to summon Shinnok into Earthrealm.

Gorillaz

Everytime I see that show it looks and feels so dated....like it's a decade late to the party

Well I thought it over and came to the conclusion that I'm not healing here as I'd thought or hoped. My last several posts have been very combative and heavily laced with anger. Even I can see that. It's not healthy or conductive to discussion and I'm taking my anger out on other people now.

To be perfectly honest. I'm not sure what I'm going to do exactly. The world is a big place and I'm just 1 out of 7 billion. My mind is just scattered, even my speech and sentences aren't continuous or flowing. I have no idea what I'm trying to say even or why I'm even posting it here really.

I'm going to leave the internet for a while again and see if things improve. I did it last year and it helped a lot in not having to read the racist comments and stupid shit all over, all the time. I know that people harbour bad thoughts and whatnot, but I'm seriously breaking down thinking about it and I swear paranoia is starting to set in. I can't even talk to a white person without my mind racing about their true self. It only makes it worse because everywhere I am, there are white people. It's ruining everything from friendships, school and possible relationships. I constantly feel like I'm suffocating and wake up with shortness of breath sometimes.

I don't know! I don't know what the hell is happening to me or why it's hitting so hard these last three years. Maybe I'll come back again in 8 months. Maybe a year, maybe never. I just want to say that you guys are great and I've enjoyed GAF a lot over the years. You all have helped me through a lot. Best wishes to you all.

Bleepey

Jackie Chan in the Tuxedo? Jackie Chan in the Rush Hour series. Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat series. Kung Lao in the MK series.

I saw one of the most fucked up things i could ever see.I was walking down the street in my jewish neighbourhood and i saw a curious incident in front of me. There was a guy wearing a bomber jacket, combat boots, glag of st george and a big placard across his back with a nazi flag on them and a cross running across the flag. Like so except with a nazi flag:

stock-photo-hands-holding-a-blank-placard-6723187.jpg

I am walking down the street of my Jewish neighbourhood and people were looking at him with their jaws on the floor and the kids wondering what the fuck was going on. I didn't understand i was like wow what kind of balls must this guy have, i am surprised a crowd didn't gather and ask him if he was fucking insane or high. Whether he had huge balls or just no sense. Was he like some anti-racism campaigner who didn't have sense or was he a racist who had more balls than sense. And then there was a twist M. Night Shyamalan couldn't have thought of, the guy walking down the street with a nazi flag on his back (and i was soon to find out on his front too) was a black guy! I was like wow, i asked him like "why are you walking down the street wearing what you're wearing and in this neighbourhood. I was gonna ask if he was protesting in some sort of misguided way and tell him what he was saying could be misconstrued, (either that or he was like Uncle Ruckus). He then asked me if i knew what race was. I said i don't know if you are referring to race as a social construct or something where is he going with this. He then asked me if i knew that there were no laws in the UK saying racism is illegal, i am not a lawyer but i am 99.9% sure he is talking out of his arse. He leaves me speechless and i give him a curious, "motherfucker-are-you-high" look. He then walks off and looks at me like i am the fucked up one! I think he was one of those radical nationalist, has anyone stumbled across these guys before?

MY brother told me one of his friends took a picture of the guy. here he is

375825_274447089333235_1441516786_n.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
MY brother told me one of his friends took a picture of the guy. here he is

375825_274447089333235_1441516786_n.jpg

I was on a trailway bus with my roommates coming from upstate NY to NYC. It was packed so it was basically grab any seat available. One of my roommates sits next to this middle age afrocentric erykah badu chick who immediately proceeds to chat him up. At first I'm thinking lucky bastard until I notice him squirming in his seat. I then notice the afrocentric chick has a swastika tatted on her foreheard....

I decide then to ask my roommate wtf when we get to NYC since I dont want to ask him on the bus and get dragged into that crazy conversation.

When we get into NYC he confirmed that the woman was crazy and that she did the swastika as much to shock people as to draw attention to its original aryan/indian meaning which we all agreed was bullshit. Long story short she was confused and crazy and that guy is just as if not more confused and crazy. I would avoid him since he is there looking to cause a negative reaction.

Whole life preparing for the unknown > prep time.
Thread is gold to watch the reactions: "b-but wait...vibranium is garbage!11!"

Also dat Kanye tweet. /hi5.

You know that girl I said I was going to watch a movie with last night? She now messaged me on facebook asking me if I know that she's in a relationship, then she told me that she was pregnant?

The fuck?

I played it cool and said that it was alright that she was in a relationship and then that it wasn't a problem when she asked me if it was a problem that she's pregnant? The fuck is going on here?

You know that girl I said I was going to watch a movie with last night? She now messaged me on facebook asking me if I know that she's in a relationship, then she told me that she was pregnant?

The fuck?

I played it cool and said that it was alright that she was in a relationship and then that it wasn't a problem when she asked me if it was a problem that she's pregnant? The fuck is going on here?

Kaori's Babydaddy

hmmm

The fuck?

that sounds sketchy bro

Slayven

The fuck?

Abort!!Abort!!! Sensors are detecting drama.

ReiGun

The fuck?

Sounds like it's time to make a hasty retreat, my friend.

Top Bottom