• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

two weeks back I got a call at 2 am some dude accusing me of fucking his wife threatening to come see me for payback and shit, had me scrambling doing a hoe inventory check to see who was married. Turned out it was a wrong number but fuuuuuuuuu :(

Sonovabitch he called me again asking if his wife was over there I guess the bitch didn't come home, somebody must be smangin the shit outta this dude wife, but seriously I'm gonna kill this dude I'm not even in the same province as him howd he get my number he called me at 3 a.m this time. :(

Sonovabitch he called me again asking if his wife was over there I guess the bitch didn't come home, somebody must be smangin the shit outta this dude wife, but seriously I'm gonna kill this dude I'm not even in the same province as him howd he get my number he called me at 3 a.m this time. :(

Should've said "first your wife wakes me up, and now you?"

Tell that fucker if he keeps calling you're pressing charges. You don't keep track of his wife.

So last night I was watching National Security and realized that Martin Lawrence is probably my favorite comedian of all time, or at least involving film and not stand up. When you're stuck in a motel 6 trying to recover from a hangover and the only decent channel they have is TNT, there's a 50% chance that one of his films will be on to see you through the pain.

So I ask Black GAF, what are your top 3 martin joints?

Bad Boys
Bad Boys 2
Blue Streak
National Security
Big Mommas House
Death at a Funeral
Life
Black Knight
Nothing to Lose
Martin

Mine:

Martin
Bad Boys
Nothing to Lose

Onemic

So last night I was watching National Security and realized that Martin Lawrence is probably my favorite comedian of all time, or at least involving film and not stand up. When you're stuck in a motel 6 trying to recover from a hangover and the only decent channel they have is TNT, there's a 50% chance that one of his films will be on to see you through the pain.

So I ask Black GAF, what are your top 3 martin joints?

Bad Boys
Bad Boys 2
Blue Streak
National Security
Big Mommas House
Death at a Funeral
Life
Black Knight
Nothing to Lose
Martin

Mine:

Martin
Bad Boys
Nothing to Lose

I would say Bad Boys, but Will Smith makes that film.

Martin
Life(Last good Eddie Murphy movie)
Bad Boys
*Blue Streak
*Nothing to Lose

I think I enjoyed almost every episode of Martin. It did end of a pretty weird note though and the last couple of episodes weren't all that great. Still love it though.

Least favorites would be:
Big Mommas House 2
Black Knight
National Security

Thought these were kinda awful especially BMH2. Haven't seen the third and don't plan on it lol.

So um basically fuck marvel, fuck the xmen, fuck storm fans, fuck this lame ass avx story, and fuck the editor

terrible.jpg

RedSwirl

Martin
Bad Boys
*Blue Streak
*Nothing to Lose

I think I enjoyed almost every episode of Martin. It did end of a pretty weird note though and the last couple of episodes weren't all that great. Still love it though.

Big Mommas House 2
Black Knight
National Security

Thought these were kinda awful especially BMH2. Haven't seen the third and don't plan on it lol.

I had just realized this the last time I saw Life.

As for Martin, I'm gonna have to go with:

Life
Bad Boys 2
Martin

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hated the marriage, but this fight was pretty bad.

I mean, Storm acting like a desperate child, thinking
that it would work if they had had children
was so awful.

t'chaka was the best thing to come out of this useless marriage.

but its over, and they can move on.

G-Fex

Martin
Bad Boys
*Blue Streak
*Nothing to Lose

Big Mommas House 2
Black Knight
National Security

I remember catching Life, I never thought much of the movie based on trailers or tv spots but when I watched the whole thing I loved it.

Watching Do the Right Thing on Blu-Ray for the first time in years. The racist rants always crack me up

"You gold-teeth-gold-chain-wearin', fried-chicken-and-biscuit-eatin', monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast-runnin', high-jumpin', spear-chuckin', three-hundred-sixty-degree-basketball-dunkin' titsun spade Moulan Yan. Take your fuckin' pizza-pizza and go the fuck back to Africa. "

That's some mothafuckin' hate right there
KuGsj.gif

Slayven

Watching Do the Right Thing on Blu-Ray for the first time in years. The racist rants always crack me up

"You gold-teeth-gold-chain-wearin', fried-chicken-and-biscuit-eatin', monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast-runnin', high-jumpin', spear-chuckin', three-hundred-sixty-degree-basketball-dunkin' titsun spade Moulan Yan. Take your fuckin' pizza-pizza and go the fuck back to Africa. "

KuGsj.gif
I appreciate good racism.

New York Undercover is a lot more corny then I remembered.

Onemic

KuGsj.gif

I've still yet to watch this movie. I am not worthy.

Martin
Bad Boys 1 & 2
Nothing to Lose

I've been randomly catching a whole lot of Martin on TV lately and it's still funny as hell. But I do understand the comedy differently so its funny on a different level.

New York Undercover is a lot more corny then I remembered.

That was because it worked better for the time period. A New York Undercover now would be a lot more grimy I'd assume. They might as well. Malik Yoba has been screaming for years about bringing it back.

DominoKid

it always amuses me to see Condi reppin for the republicans.
i wonder if she actually likes Obama. i wonder if the repubs actually like her.
i wonder if she hates her first name lol.

Top Bottom