• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
DLC: "Playa Hater" Pack: Play as your favorite haters as you attempt to keep other crabs in the bucket

CT48yAV.png

Do the various haters say that you aren't shit in multiple colorful ways?

She said 82 guys (she's 27 years old). I said cool.

She said 17 niggas in the last 5 years. I say cool.

She said 1 was for 4 years and 10 months and 16 were in 2 months.

Fifty man a rev rev yah body.
Dah mean a say ur Poompoom a taxi.
If fi mi fifty-one bah mi no want it.
Mi a request the Gyal wit BENZ punany.
holy shit hahaha

jeanRicK

Is it too late for me to join in?

Where you're from- Jamaica
Where you live- Jamaica
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Uhm ... dunno really. Reggae and stuff lol!
Do you know your roots- Uh ... not really
Your Age - 25
Favorite musical genre- Funk/Jazz
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer Scientist/Programmer
Your religious affiliation- Christian mainly ...
Hobbies- Playing/Producing music, gaming, art (mainly drawing anime stuff), browsing GAF (have been lurking for years now)

harSon

Banned
She said 82 guys (she's 27 years old). I said cool.

She said 17 niggas in the last 5 years. I say cool.

She said 1 was for 4 years and 10 months and 16 were in 2 months.

Fifty man a rev rev yah body.
Dah mean a say ur Poompoom a taxi.
If fi mi fifty-one bah mi no want it.
Mi a request the Gyal wit BENZ punany.

damnnnn hahaha

Where you live- Jamaica
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Uhm ... dunno really. Reggae and stuff lol!
Your Age - 25
Hobbies- Playing/Producing music, gaming, art (mainly drawing anime stuff), browsing GAF (have been lurking for years now)

wa gwan brudda

Where you live- Jamaica
Your Age - 25
Where abouts in Jamaica?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The Universal Zulu Nation has a few words for WorldStarHipHop: http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/a-blistering-open-letter-to-world-star-hip-hop/

I never knew that the owner of WSHH considered it to be the "CNN of the Ghetto". More like the Fox News of the Ghetto, imho. And am I the only person who thinks that WSHH's audience is mostly white at this point?
A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Frankly, I'm amazed it took this long for WSHH to get called out by UZN.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
DLC: "Playa Hater" Pack: Play as your favorite haters as you attempt to keep other crabs in the bucket

CT48yAV.png

so like the invaders from dark souls ?

interesting

like another poster said above this could be a pretty good if done seriously

Morgan is the best character on that show and he aint even a regular.

Truer words...

That's what was missing this whole time. It wasn't the showrunners or the script being different than the comic. It was Morgan that was missing. Or more specifically Lennie James. His performance shits on pretty much the entire rest of the cast.

The actor who plays Morgan put everyone else on that cast to shame. He was given probably one of the most effective stories but damn did he kill it.

Imm0rt4l

Yea, I really hope he's not just relegated to this one particular episode. Though I will say he seems terribly nihilistic, but it being the zombie apocalypse and the tragic fate of his family, it's pretty understandable how unhinged he's become.

"Hey son, don't ever be sorry".

Great scene.

Spinluck

I just watched the Samuel L. Jackson special on that BIO channel today . I totally forgot that he was a crackhead at once point, and that Spike Lee is more of a bitch than I thought he was.

Watched the Rocky ones too, bough back good memories.

Fuck my team. Shit fans with now a shit team.

Firstly, the person who threw that is a total cunt considering the fact 100% of similar incidents are racist attacks and this could easily be taken that way had it been seen seeing as the player on the same fucking flank as Bale is black.

This particular incident was aimed at Gareth Bale though since the long-running joke here is that he looks like a monkey, and he's also outshining Theo in a big way, drawing plaudits from everywhere which annoys alot of Gooners. Still, that idiot should be banned from games. I remember when Atletico fans threw bananas at Carlos Kameni & the club only got a couple thousand euro fine, so this pisses me off in any context.

Secondly, racism among fans in England today is, in the PL at least, an extreme rarity. There are alot of differences in general between England and mainland Europe, this is one of them. (Don't take this as me saying there's no racism in England).

Now in the 70s/80s I've read it was a huge problem. Chelsea fans would throw up Heil Hitler signs, Everton fans would abuse their own black players, Arsenal fans had their anti-antisemitism (Tottenham has a large Jewish community) etc. The large influx of foreigners both in fanbase and squads has gone a long way to eradicating it though. I'd say the problem in English football lies with homophobia more than anything else.

I should also add that the writer is lying about a banana being thrown in the City game in 09.

Anyway, hi, I'm 90TilInfinity. Abit of a lurker in this thread...

Where you're from- South London
Where you live- South London
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Family are from Southern Nigeria, Lagos & Sagamu specifically
Do you know your roots- Pretty much, yeah
Your Age- 22
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Economics, definitely not a career interest though.
Your religious affiliation- Eh, raised Christian. Not so much these days.
Hobbies- Football, gaming, reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom