• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

That wig is sketch comedy production value tier.

That whole movie looks real bad though, 911 operators don't give a shiiiii about anyone calling in.

Yeah it looks part of a dollar store halloween costume. They ought to be ashamed, I feel like they had this exact same movie like 45 times before.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Somebody post a damn pic.

130305164756-halle-berrys-the-call-story-top.jpg

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/05/the-story-behind-halle-berrys-hair-in-the-call/

Lookikng like somebody's aunt who wears wigs

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That is a WWE studios movie you guys

They have stopped just putting out bad movies starring wrestlers and started putting out bad movies starring award winning actors. See also: Dead Man Down, starring colin farrell and terrence howard

edit:

but guess what wrestlers are still in the movies! David Otunga is in The Call, and Wade Barrett is in Dead Man Down

Slayven

They have stopped just putting out bad movies starring wrestlers and started putting out bad movies starring award winning actors. See also: Dead Man Down, starring colin farrell and terrence howard
When the last time Colin Farrell was hot? Dead Man Down looks complex, in a badway for a revenge flick.

Dead man down? That's the one with the trailer with Fab's Breath playing right? If it's not going to lie because of Breath playing through the trailer made it seem decent for se reason

edit:

but guess what wrestlers are still in the movies! David Otunga is in The Call, and Wade Barrett is in Dead Man Down

A friend of mine watched Dead Man Down and said it was actually decent.

I got offered tickets to see Tyler Perry's Temptation and just shrugged off the guy handing them out. Busted Tony Stark's "I don't like being handed thing" reply.

Had one of those "Stop embarrassin me" moments earlier tonight.

We just got back from a gallery opening, my girlfriend had a piece on display so I went to show support. We're in the gallery and we're chatting with a couple of artists. Now as far as I could see I was one of 4 black dudes in the room. It's generally pretty quiet in the room everyone is talking below room level to each other.

One of the dude's starts talkin on his phone loud as the fuck, I'm talking nearly yelling. Now that didn't bother me too much (I'm lying...it did) but what he was saying was just smh "AY YO MY NINJA I'M AT THIS ART SHOW AND SHIT, I'M TRYINA GET ME SHIT UP ON THESE WALLS ONE DAY!" followed by what's been the highlight of our night (we've been repeatin this shit all day) "I GOT SOME CRAZY LOUD SKUNK I'M WANNA COOK UP!" I have never heard weed referred to as something one "cooks up" so we've been laughing about it for a good while now. But back to the story, myself and the 2 other black dudes immediately looked at one another then shook our heads. One of the guys we were talking to looks at me and I give him the "ninja don't look at me" look, I have no words nor can I explain his actions just because we happen to be of the same skin color. There was that awkward silence then the awkward chuckle then my GF randomly blurts out "Who did the framing for this piece?" (nice save!).

I love people.

harSon

Banned
Haven't seen Cloud Atlas.One actor I would like to see get more mainstream roles is Idris Elba.

Outside of Luther, he's pretty much had nothing but mainstream roles for a while now.

My list of black actors I'd like to see with more work is pretty fucking hefty. I would probably write a book on it haha. I really hope Nicole Beharie takes off though, she's a damned fine actress.

Slayven

Had one of those "Stop embarrassin me" moments earlier tonight.

We just got back from a gallery opening, my girlfriend had a piece on display so I went to show support. We're in the gallery and we're chatting with a couple of artists. Now as far as I could see I was one of 4 black dudes in the room. It's generally pretty quiet in the room everyone is talking below room level to each other.

One of the dude's starts talkin on his phone loud as the fuck, I'm talking nearly yelling. Now that didn't bother me too much (I'm lying...it did) but what he was saying was just smh "AY YO MY NINJA I'M AT THIS ART SHOW AND SHIT, I'M TRYINA GET ME SHIT UP ON THESE WALLS ONE DAY!" followed by what's been the highlight of our night (we've been repeatin this shit all day) "I GOT SOME CRAZY LOUD SKUNK I'M WANNA COOK UP!" I have never heard weed referred to as something one "cooks up" so we've been laughing about it for a good while now. But back to the story, myself and the 2 other black dudes immediately looked at one another then shook our heads. One of the guys we were talking to looks at me and I give him the "ninja don't look at me" look, I have no words nor can I explain his actions just because we happen to be of the same skin color. There was that awkward silence then the awkward chuckle then my GF randomly blurts out "Who did the framing for this piece?" (nice save!).

I love people.
I hate that shit. Was at the doctor's office a few weeks ago and chick pulled out her phone and started hood flirting with a future baby daddy.

While her toddler is crawling around the dirty floor.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
PS Vita Struggle Brethren:

Wild Arms, one of the best PS1 RPGs, is free from the store

download it now

I hate that shit. Was at the doctor's office a few weeks ago and chick pulled out her phone and started hood flirting with a future baby daddy.

I hate when you go somewhere and theres a hood person there causing a scene.

edit:

I just saw a commercial about The Marine 3 starring the fuckin' MIZ

REALLY?

REALLY?

REALLY!?
Oh fuck, it's spreading?! Jesus "Tap Dancing" H. Christ...

Kreed

edit:

Smh, those previews had me fooled. I actually thought these were real movies vs straight to Walmart releases.

smh, sometimes I want to smack people but I can't, something about assault and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom