• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMufasa

Firstly, the person who threw that is a total cunt considering the fact 100% of similar incidents are racist attacks and this could easily be taken that way had it been seen seeing as the player on the same fucking flank as Bale is black.

This particular incident was aimed at Gareth Bale though since the long-running joke here is that he looks like a monkey, and he's also outshining Theo in a big way, drawing plaudits from everywhere which annoys alot of Gooners. Still, that idiot should be banned from games. I remember when Atletico fans threw bananas at Carlos Kameni & the club only got a couple thousand euro fine, so this pisses me off in any context.

Secondly, racism among fans in England today is, in the PL at least, an extreme rarity. There are alot of differences in general between England and mainland Europe, this is one of them. (Don't take this as me saying there's no racism in England).

Now in the 70s/80s I've read it was a huge problem. Chelsea fans would throw up Heil Hitler signs, Everton fans would abuse their own black players, Arsenal fans had their anti-antisemitism (Tottenham has a large Jewish community) etc. The large influx of foreigners both in fanbase and squads has gone a long way to eradicating it though. I'd say the problem in English football lies with homophobia more than anything else.

I should also add that the writer is lying about a banana being thrown in the City game in 09.

Anyway, hi, I'm 90TilInfinity. Abit of a lurker in this thread...

Where you're from- South London
Where you live- South London
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Family are from Southern Nigeria, Lagos & Sagamu specifically
Do you know your roots- Pretty much, yeah
Your Age- 22
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Economics, definitely not a career interest though.
Your religious affiliation- Eh, raised Christian. Not so much these days.
Hobbies- Football, gaming, reading...

Yeah I know. I'm just pissed at how shit we've been doing this season. Worse than normal surprisingly.

Also welcome. Where you from in south London?
Welcome to the thread

Do you put sugar in your grits?

Lol he's from the UK man. We don't fuck with grits. We got fried chicken tho

zero_suit

Firstly, the person who threw that is a total cunt considering the fact 100% of similar incidents are racist attacks and this could easily be taken that way had it been seen seeing as the player on the same fucking flank as Bale is black.

This particular incident was aimed at Gareth Bale though since the long-running joke here is that he looks like a monkey, and he's also outshining Theo in a big way, drawing plaudits from everywhere which annoys alot of Gooners. Still, that idiot should be banned from games. I remember when Atletico fans threw bananas at Carlos Kameni & the club only got a couple thousand euro fine, so this pisses me off in any context.

Secondly, racism among fans in England today is, in the PL at least, an extreme rarity. There are alot of differences in general between England and mainland Europe, this is one of them. (Don't take this as me saying there's no racism in England).

Now in the 70s/80s I've read it was a huge problem. Chelsea fans would throw up Heil Hitler signs, Everton fans would abuse their own black players, Arsenal fans had their anti-antisemitism (Tottenham has a large Jewish community) etc. The large influx of foreigners both in fanbase and squads has gone a long way to eradicating it though. I'd say the problem in English football lies with homophobia more than anything else.

I should also add that the writer is lying about a banana being thrown in the City game in 09.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Family are from Southern Nigeria, Lagos & Sagamu specifically
Your Age- 22
Your profession/major/career interest- Economics, definitely not a career interest though.

Welcome!!

Did my own laundry and made my own bed since the 5th grade. Even went to the laundromat when needed to dry my clothes.

I didn't grow up in the struggle

reggie_not_my_problem.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Moved house all weekend. Still got a shit load of things to do to bring the new apartment up to snuff (need to buy a vacuum cleaner, desk, washer/dryer, furniture for the living room...) but at least most of what we actually have is here. Muscles sore as hell and only have two folding chairs in the living room but w/e I'm still pumped because it's a great place.

Your Age- 22
Is it too late for me to join in?

Where you're from- Jamaica
Where you live- Jamaica
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Uhm ... dunno really. Reggae and stuff lol!
Do you know your roots- Uh ... not really
Your Age - 25
Favorite musical genre- Funk/Jazz
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer Scientist/Programmer
Your religious affiliation- Christian mainly ...
Hobbies- Playing/Producing music, gaming, art (mainly drawing anime stuff), browsing GAF (have been lurking for years now)
Welcome guys!

Slayven

Moved house all weekend. Still got a shit load of things to do to bring the new apartment up to snuff (need to buy a vacuum cleaner, desk, washer/dryer, furniture for the living room...) but at least most of what we actually have is here. Muscles sore as hell and only have two folding chairs in the living room but w/e I'm still pumped because it's a great place.Welcome guys!
I rather spend a weekend in county jail than move. You just ain't right for a good 2 weeks.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It ain't even the sore muscles and fucked up back that bother me the most. I just hate not knowing where everything is or having everything in its right place. "Where the fuck did [insert item] go??" Might be an OCD thing. Also place doesn't feel like home quite yet so I'm still on edge when I get "home" especially when it comes to noises and such making me paranoid at night. Ironically this apartment complex is in a way safer area then the house I was living at before. I doubt we'll hear gunshots here where as my house before was in an area where sirens and shots were weekend staples.

It'll be way better when I get my desk and have a space to retreat and get on my computer. Bathroom is fucking crazy awesome though, it has a vanity sink/mirror set up so you can see yourself from 4 different angles through the 4 mirrors. Makes me want to work out and lift though, I can see my back bone and it looks like Skeletor.

Slayven

It ain't even the sore muscles and fucked up back that bother me the most. I just hate not knowing where everything is or having everything in its right place. "Where the fuck did [insert item] go??" Might be an OCD thing. Also place doesn't feel like home quite yet so I'm still on edge when I get "home" especially when it comes to noises and such making me paranoid at night. Ironically this apartment complex is in a way safer area then the house I was living at before. I doubt we'll hear gunshots here where as my house before was in an area where sirens and shots were weekend staples.

It'll be way better when I get my desk and have a space to retreat and get on my computer. Bathroom is fucking crazy awesome though, it has a vanity sink/mirror set up so you can see yourself from 4 different angles through the 4 mirrors. Makes me want to work out and lift though, I can see my back bone and it looks like Skeletor.
That is what I talking about. Looking for shit you thought you packed in one box and it is no there.

Just caught Kevin Hart's guest spot on SNL.. specifically his Weekend Update segment. I thought it was pretty hilarious barring Hart's inability to read a teleprompter.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/462770

Couldn't find a quality youtube link though. I'll update if I can find one for those outside the US.

abuC

My taste in music goes down the drain when I'm at the gym, it's nothing but trap music, someone help me.

I listen to a wide range of things, then when I get to the gym it's nothing but GBE, Future, Jeezy etc and I'm like this between sets -

tumblr_mbnvfwPiu61qbh0eio1_500.gif

Gorillaz

My taste in music goes down the drain when I'm at the gym, it's nothing but trap music, someone help me.

I listen to a wide range of things, then when I get to the gym it's nothing but GBE, Future, Jeezy etc and I'm like this between sets -

started from the trap
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:867899

Now I rap

tumblr_mbnvfwPiu61qbh0eio1_500.if

I hear this all the time. Trap just works for a lot of people when they lift.

When I used to jog more regularly I used to listen to the higher energy Mars Volta songs and some post-hardcore stuff.

Imm0rt4l

When I used to jog more regularly I used to listen to the higher energy Mars Volta songs and some post-hardcore stuff.

Mars Volta songs are so long, so I can definitely see them being good for runs. I was really partial to Frances the Mute, that was my shit and I've worked out to some of that.

My music taste varies like a mother fucker in the gym. Rap, French electro, Rock, Metal, Industiral, progressive trance.....hell, some music from games/ocremixes.

It's understandable, shit goes hard, gets that testosterone going. You want some shit that is going to give you that Bruce Leroy glow as the beat drops and you're bout to deadlift a metric fuck ton of weight. I hit a deadlift pr this week to the drop of a beat, I felt like Goku.

abuC

I usually listen to podcasts when I jog or ride my bike, can't listen to anything but ignorant music when I lift though.

trap music is the best thing going in rap right now.

It's understandable, shit goes hard, gets that testosterone going. You want some shit that is going to give you that Bruce Leroy glow as the beat drops and you're bout to deadlift a metric fuck ton of weight. I hit a deadlift pr this week to the drop of a beat, I felt like Goku.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDh0FcJ1atA

I've had that on repeat in the gym, I feel like I could lift the gym itself and possibly mug someone after.

DominoKid

ReiGun

Happy birthday, ReiGun. What were/are your plans?

Going out to dinner with some friends Friday. Maybe out to a club Saturday. All, of course, assuming I feel up to it as the week continues.

For today, just spending time at home with family. I'll probably end up sleep through most of the day. lol

A.E Suggs

Your Age- 22

Welcome, I'm not on gaf(or much of any forums) these days but I can still say welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom