• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking Lol. These last two weeks for me, I fucking swear.

Some kids just tried to accuse me of stealing their cell phone. I had just jogged home from the gym since my car is in the shop from the accident I was in last week, and was spraying weed killer on the front lawn, and some 10-12 year old kid comes up to me and asks if I had seen a phone around my property. I said no and helped him look around a bit, but found nothing. He ran back across the street with his three other friends and started looking around the school campus/field.

So I go back to what I was doing and I receive a call from my boy asking if I want to go eat lunch. As I'm talking, one of the kids starts yelling my way. I answer back and he yells "Hey, that's my friends phone!" What the fuck? I'm like "Kid, this is my phone" but he claims that the phone just rang when he called it. "Is the phone a blue Galaxy s3?" "Well yeah, but this is my blue galaxy s3. You know what? Fuck off kids."

End of story there. Why are you going through all this effort to prove your rightful ownership?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm eventually going to start playing Defiance for 360.

Since there is absolutely fuck-all nothing coming out anytime soon.

DY_nasty

you lose a bet dy? whats up with that avatar?

I only wear it until the end of the NBA season (not even the end of April)

For the first time all year, Eric Gordon outscored OJ Mayo.

I already won and I have the other guy's avatar rights once the playoffs start and until next season begins.

DY_nasty

You play bioshock DY?

I did not like the first Bioshock.

I'm thinking about getting the next one - but I really don't like paying full price for games that I'll only play once. As much as I loved TR, I regret it a bit because the MP is balls and the replay value is non-existent.

Saints Row 3 and Dragon's Dogma and XCOM and Mass Effect have been my best investments over the past year.

I did not like the first Bioshock.

I'm thinking about getting the next one - but I really don't like paying full price for games that I'll only play once. As much as I loved TR, I regret it a bit because the MP is balls and the replay value is non-existent.

Saints Row 3 and Dragon's Dogma and XCOM and Mass Effect have been my best investments over the past year.

redbox it

text 'nowplay' to 727272 for a free 1 day rental. Me and my brother both beat it for $2.

DY_nasty

If it weren't my folk's house, I would have done exactly that, but I'm not trying to create any unneeded friction for them.

The only unneeded friction in that situation is my foot up a young boy's ass...

harSon

Banned
The only unneeded friction in that situation is my foot up a young boy's ass...

This street already hates me for some bullshit I didn't do. When we moved here years ago, some idiots set the slide at the school across the street on fire and burned half of the playground down. Apparently the neighbors and principals considered the fact that shit like this didn't happen before we moved into the neighborhood as proof of my guilt. The principal and several neighbors who had children at the school literally mobbed up and knocked on our door, basically accusing me and my siblings of arson. The only things black in the neighborhood are my family and the blacktop at the school across the street, and maybe I was looking too far into it, but I always wondered if they would have tried to pull that shit absent proof if me and my siblings were preppy white/asian kids.

So that's the mentality I have when dealing with neighborhood bullshit. I'm moving out in the summer with some friends, so I'm not trying to leave any drama behind me for my parents to shoulder, which I suspect a large angry black man punking a bunch of elementary school white kids might create.

Guess what.....

Riovanes back is hurting so damn bad he decided to mix Country Time Lemonade and Southern Comfort. He is having an awesome day right now. No pain, drunk, and about to play Ni no kuni since no one plays anything on ps3 online. His lady is laid up knocked out in the bed. Lol. Awesome.

Onemic

Since I've noticed I've been lurking the thread a lot recently;

Where you're from - The South
Where you live - The South
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - The South, The Internet
Do you know your roots - I read it once, never seen the movie
Your Age - 26
Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Broke CS Major Now -> Game Designer Later
Your religious affiliation - God
Hobbies - Anime, Fighters

I'll probably still be largely lurking though

wat wat wat

welcome to the brotherhood Milk!

A guy I know from high school is staunchly pro gun ownership. I got into an exchange with him more than a couple times where he proved he didn't know the definition of a bunch of words.

So now whenever he posts an article or video (usually from terrible websites) I take the time to read or watch and just comment with how many logical fallacies I found. I'm pretty sure he wishes he could punch me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm pro-gun ownership in a general sense but feel no desire to personally own one in the slightest.

Is that weird?

I'm pro-gun ownership in a general sense but feel no desire to personally own one in the slightest.

Is that weird?

Kinda I guess. I'm in a similar boat, which makes this guy's anger towards me hilarious.

If we're being realists, gun control in America the way some enthusiast and extreme anti-gun people perceive it (Gov't takes away all guns) is never happening.

I don't really care about rifle bans or ammo limits, cause I don't see how that cuts down on crime that is almost always committed with hand guns.

I'd just like a system like the DMV set up for gun owners. It's totally unacceptable that I can right now make a phone call or two and have a gun before I go to bed.

Is that weird?

I want one at some point. Right now I don't really feel the need but I think at some point in the future I'm going to want one for home protection.

Since I've noticed I've been lurking the thread a lot recently;

Where you're from - The South
Where you live - The South
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - The South, The Internet
Do you know your roots - I read it once, never seen the movie
Your Age - 26
Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Broke CS Major Now -> Game Designer Later
Your religious affiliation - God
Hobbies - Anime, Fighters

I'll probably still be largely lurking though

Welcome!

BlackGAF is #teamFENG territory :D

I want one at some point. Right now I don't really feel the need but I think at some point in the future I'm going to want one for home protection.

Isn't Timedog a trained martial arts expert? Fuck guns he can roundhouse kick fools

Isn't Timedog a trained martial arts expert? Fuck guns he can roundhouse kick fools

Trained martial arts expert? No. Sides I get worried when he's at work and the roomies are gone mostly.

Just tonight some more craziness. Some white guy with a white tarp was throwing it around and yelling "motherfucking mexicans." It's just so weird. Aside from people going insane across the street the neighborhood is quite decent. Makes the crazies all the more weird. If I was in a different area I'd totally get it but I'm not.

FreeMufasa

Fucking Lol. These last two weeks for me, I fucking swear.

Some kids just tried to accuse me of stealing their cell phone. I had just jogged home from the gym since my car is in the shop from the accident I was in last week, and was spraying weed killer on the front lawn, and some 10-12 year old kid comes up to me and asks if I had seen a phone around my property. I said no and helped him look around a bit, but found nothing. He ran back across the street with his three other friends and started looking around the school campus/field.

So I go back to what I was doing and I receive a call from my boy asking if I want to go eat lunch. As I'm talking, one of the kids starts yelling my way. I answer back and he yells "Hey, that's my friends phone!" What the fuck? I'm like "Kid, this is my phone" but he claims that the phone just rang when he called it. "Is the phone a blue Galaxy s3?" "Well yeah, but his is my blue galaxy s3. I can show you pictures of myself, text messages, etc. if you want." They request that I do.

So I walk across the street and show them the phone itself, which has a case on it, and you'd think that'd be enough but Naw. So I start scrolling through my freaking pictures, etc. "You pleased?" "That's definitely my friend's phone, you just copied pictures from Facebook." What the fuck is wrong with this kid? "Kid, this is my phone. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx if you don't believe me." But he refuses to and calls his mom, and literally says "Mom, this Mexican guy stole Jerry's phone and won't give it back... yadda yadda yadda." Mexican? This little motherfucker... But whatever, I'm like cool, I can finally put this shit to rest.

The mom drives up like 3-5 minutes later, I guess she lives close. She approaches me and starts yelling at me. I'm like "lady this is my phone," and show her pictures of myself, the phone number tied to the phone, videos of myself, etc. Somehow she's still not pleased. I'm pissed at this point, so I get sarcastic. I show her the current ringtone which is 'I'm Black Ya'll' from CB4 and am like "would he have this ringtone?" (he's white) She tells me "there's no need to get smart. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this." And this crazy ass has the nerve to ask if I have proof of purchase, or else she's going to have to call the authorities. What the fuck is wrong with this family? So I'm like whatever, be right back. I go in my house and bring back the box to the phone. I swear to God, if she asks for the receipts I'm choppin this woman in the throat. But the box was enough. She apologized, claiming that "you never can trust someone lol" and walked off. Wasted 20-30 minutes of my fucking life with this bullshit.

That's why I like having lil bros. lil kids are shit scared of em.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
i woulda caught some 12 year old bodies that day. for real though, i wouldnt have even humored them little bastards.

I'd have hit them with the jet setting on the water hose.

Is that weird?
No. I don't say outlandish shit in public, but I support freedom of speech.

Slayven

Trained martial arts expert? No. Sides I get worried when he's at work and the roomies are gone mostly.

Just tonight some more craziness. Some white guy with a white tarp was throwing it around and yelling "motherfucking mexicans." It's just so weird. Aside from people going insane across the street the neighborhood is quite decent. Makes the crazies all the more weird. If I was in a different area I'd totally get it but I'm not.

I can be on the next plane, just say the word.

Personally after reading some of your post Im kinda glad I live in a gated community. I mean I would rather people be non talkative assholes with a little kindness then people who are overly friendly and just ran around. I mean that kid and mom were way out of line. You truly are a better man then me. And me and mine watched Final Destination 5 yesterday. It wasnt bad at all. Nice little twist at the end.

And I own a gun. But I would be damned if it isnt way too easy to acquire one in Ga. Personally if you wanna protect yourself cool. But in all honesty be mentally competent to even own one. I would rather go through hell and high water and get one if it stops some bullshit later on.

The city I used to live in had it all on one street.

I was sitting in a parked car with a friend waiting to pick up another friend, no more than 15 seconds passed before we offered a deal on some weed.

A friend of mine once thought it a good idea to skateboard through the street to get home faster, came out the other end being chased for no reason.

An old highschool friend lived on the street, he's in prison now, a few months after graduation he shot at some cops that were chasing him.

FyreWulff

I lived on the side of town were the only named street was Ed Babe Gomez Drive. Otherwise it's A-Z for east/west and numbers for north-south.

The best bad-ish street I've lived near: Cuming

G-Fex, you can't judge an entire group of people by the actions of the few. Otherwise, we're no better than the GAFfers who are like, "LOL black culture/people" whenever a ghetto/ignorant ass article/video shows up in OT, and then we gotta go in there and explain, "Hey, we're not all like this! Why I gotta be the one to set the standard for black people all the time!"

'cept PonyGAF, fuck dem weirdos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom