• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright BCT: Sonic Burger. Do you fuck with it?

I spend most of my time just being pissed off they don't have it outside the deep south, but apparently I still love "close enough" to get commercials for it all the damn time.

Don't believe the hype. Used to see commercials all the time before they were even in NJ. They opened one up about 50 miles from me about 5 years ago. Me and a couple friends took a road trip there and left satisfied mainly due the hype we had built up.

They opened one a mile from me 3 years ago, and it wasn't as good.

That sonic burger is cheap. Hence why I fuck with it. Theres nothing like getting off or coming in to work for at 3 and hitting up that Happy Hour from 2-4pm.

And in some other stuff I was flipping through Netflix and started watching that old 90's IronMan cartoon that was part of the Marvel Action Hour. My god it was too entertaining I mean half of that shit is gif-able. When the Mandarin throws Blizzard down a hole because he froze a drink on top of his begonias. Rolling. And as an unforseen bonus the FF episodes are on there as well. Still searching for that awful Brian Austin Green rap song.

That Beat is Amazing but the Song.....

edit. Trying my best too avoid the "How much Foreplay?" thread. This young bucks just dont know. Its like pumpkin pie I swear!

FyreWulff

Sonic used to advertise a lot and not be anywhere near us. Then suddenly there was like 4 of the damn things in the city.

None of them have people skating around though. I've only had the slushies because of their glorious happy hour where it's a 1$ for the 64oz
'murca

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sonic is everywhere in Atlanta. The 'happy hour' specials are good, actually.

Fuck Sonic it's all about Rallys , now that's a deep south only chain, they have Sonics in the southwest too.

Checker's dammit. I remember when I went to school in New Orleans and I was like 'Rally's wtf?'

Rally's and Checker's are the Churches chicken of hambuger joints.

My man. brofist.gif

When I was in high school there was a sonic across the street. Me and my boys used to get sonic slushies on lunch and mix them with everclear in the school parking lot. Good times where had on those days.

I'm currently walking distance from the "good sonic" They do it up. The old music, young white girls on skates.

Imm0rt4l

In-n-out >>>your favorite burger spot.

But if you ballin and in the Vegas area then hit up Holsteins shake and buns at the cosmopolitan. Last time I got the samurai burger and a bottle of Firestone double barrel.

akira28

Might as well watch you some struggle cartoons while you eat your struggle pizza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0wkHixS6iA

this hurts pretty bad.

Sonics when I was in TN, the burgers were mediocre, but better than any fast food burger you'd get up north. But you didn't go to Sonics for the burgers, you went for the Cherry Limeaid and ice cream drinks, and the Chicken bites with onion rings combo. Burgers you went to Hardees or Steak and Shake. Or you struggled with a bag of 50cent burgers from Krystal.

young white girls on skates.

oh yeah, and that.

Sonic is 5 minutes from my house, they good...AND cheap. The Texas Toast combos are the real deals, though. Sweet black baby jesus, those are some damn nice sandwiches, man

Slayven

Sonic is 5 minutes from my house, they good...AND cheap. The Texas Toast combos are the real deals, though. Sweet black baby jesus, those are some damn nice sandwiches, man

I only fuck with their shakes. Catch them at the right time and they pretty much give away food.

FyreWulff

I only fuck with their shakes. Catch them at the right time and they pretty much give away food.

I've actually gotten a ton of free food off Sonic. Either they felt us waiting 10 seconds longer than usual was worth giving us 10 free slushie coupons, or the time I ordered 6 44ozs for the whole car, they accidentally gave it to the car in front of us, so they only charged me for 1 of them and remade the other 5 for free.

I can't ever be mad at Sonic

A Sonic opened up about 2 years ago not too far from my area (about a 5 minute drive if traffic is light). There aren't a ton of Sonic's in Baltimore so it was pretty crowded when it first opened. I didn't mind the wait because the Taco Bell and Burger King down the street didn't get as many customers so I went there instead.

When I finally tried it, it was OK. The shakes are alright and the burgers are decent but nothing to write home about

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Rally's and Checker's are THEE struggle.

Y'all don't have those big gas stations that have some fast food joint no one has heard of inside them?

i think you need to define struggle. or maybe checkers is handled differently on the east coast. you arent in a real time rts, or playing a game of gauntlet going to a rallys like you would churches. its not the same over here.

yeah, some gas stations got fried chicken and pizza and stuff. i wouldn't say it's a south thing, i've seen it in the north too. small town stuff...

the fumes at a gas station would make me fearful to eat food cooked there. maybe chips or something

DominoKid

Best fried chicken I've ever had came from a gas station. Yall ain't living right. Them truck drivers gotta eat good too.

Rally's and Checker's are THEE struggle.

Y'all don't have those big gas stations that have some fast food joint no one has heard of inside them?

what Rallys/Checkers have you been to? short of Chickfila or Five Guys that's about as far from struggle as you can get for fast food.

FyreWulff

Sexual assault is just fine as long as it's a trope or meme guys

The character having sex with his sister is not implied by him 'accidentally' grabbing her breast, not even through her shirt but THE SHIRT IS REMOVED, and then straddling over her between her legs

Nope

Perfectly fine

These fuckers are so naive or obtuse that a modern washing machine has more logic

The best part of that thread was when someone compared incest to same sex marriage. Just let people do what they want in private guys. The thing with incest is, you can't be too sure the relationship is without coercion. Just comparing the two as equivalents really fucking bothers me.

Also the amount of "it's just cute" to rationalize panty shots and all kinds of shit is really fucking gross.

The best part of that thread was when someone compared incest to same sex marriage. Just let people do what they want in private guys. The thing with incest is, you can't be too sure the relationship is without coercion. Just comparing the two as equivalents really fucking bothers me.

Also the amount of "it's just cute" to rationalize panty shots and all kinds of shit is really fucking gross.

Everyday on gaf I'm reminded there's a defense force for everything including incest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom