• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Wow your hair looks really good today!
Really? I didn't pick it out for once.
Oh do you have your pick with you? I'll pick it for you!
Uh...nah.
Do you wash it?
Yeah, it'd be pretty damn itchy and gross if i didn't.
So...what do you wash it with?
Shampoo?
Yeah but is it like special afro shampoo?
Nah...whatever I grab in the shower. Selsun Blue. Head & Shoulders. some conditioner every 3 or 4 days. regular stuff.
Oh! So is there like a special afro oil or something you put in your hair?
100% all natural.

i scanned the room and all the other white people were about to die laughing. i'm trying my hardest to keep a straight face because this girl was just honestly clueless about black hair.

can i touch it?
no.
*awkward silence* *grab* =)
=(

my hair seems to be such an easy conversation starter though *kanyeshrug*

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
My gf is in my ass about moving to LA i have 2300 in the bank and she wants to move out there from fucking Florida. I dont have any jobs lined up she has no jobs lined up and I'm trying to make as much money as possible so when i do go out there im good for a few months. I learned a lot from my Atlanta experience and I refuse to go to LA under prepared.

Sorry for the rant shes stressing me out.

Wave bye with one hand and grab a smooth Cuban honey with the other. She's officially priced herself out of your market. 2300 will barely get you across the country, much less established enough to actually start your life. It's not like GTA San Andreas where you can just walk down the street to rob somebody for $500 and run off the wanted star.

Nakazato

$2300 isn't shit in LA. Save more money.
I feel ya I want to save up 6gs

That will last you like what, 2-3 months at the absolute most in LA? Probably less.
Yea I thought that and i have to travel clear across county

If he's living that PTW life he can stretch it to 2 months. Live in his car and take all the ketchup packets from McD's.
Mustard packets I ain't about that Ketchup struggle lol

Save up, and tell her to slow down. Is she helping you save up?
Naw she hasnt helped me save a dime.

You can get him jumped in with your crew
To old to be banging
and way to educated
lol

Why she trying to move to LA?

She think she about to be an actress?

Naw its about me I'm trying to get my HarSon life on... Im bout that life... In the film since. I work in Reality TV and just ready to make a good move for my career. She and I moved to ATL last year... yea was a bad idea went with 700 dollars and it was horrible. She talked me into it and I crashed and burned.

Wave bye with one hand and grab a smooth Cuban honey with the other. She's officially priced herself out of your market. 2300 will barely get you across the country, much less established enough to actually start your life. It's not like GTA San Andreas where you can just walk down the street to rob somebody for $500 and run off the wanted star.

LOL

Clamster

Neo Member
Uh...nah.
Do you wash it?
Shampoo?
Nah...whatever I grab in the shower. Selsun Blue. Head & Shoulders. some conditioner every 3 or 4 days. regular stuff.
100% all natural.

i scanned the room and all the other white people were about to die laughing. i'm trying my hardest to keep a straight face because this girl was just honestly clueless about black hair.

can i touch it?
no.
=(

wow how do you get your hair like that?
They are basically just twisted
did it hurt
no
can i touch one?
go ahead
its so springy! Hey___ come feel his hair its springs back.

I look across the room and I see my friend giving me the 'why do you get all the attention look'

do your pubes look like this?
Poker-face-300x266.jpg

I feel ya I want to save up 6gs

I haven't been in LA in a quick minute but you probably want more than that to be on the safe side.

Naw its about me I'm trying to get my HarSon life on... Im bout that life... In the film since. I work in Reality TV and just ready to make a good move for my career. She and I moved to ATL last year... yea was a bad idea went with 700 dollars and it was horrible. She talked me into it and I crashed and burned.

You might want to chop it up with Ivysaur and a few other Gaffers that work in the tv industry. Maybe they know of some stuff available around whatever time you're going to make the move.

Nakazato

I haven't been in LA in a quick minute but you probably want more than that to be on the safe side.

You might want to chop it up with Ivysaur and a few other Gaffers that work in the tv industry. Maybe they know of some stuff available around whatever time you're going to make the move.

good call ill do that

DominoKid

did it hurt
no
can i touch one?
go ahead

I look across the room and I see my friend giving me the 'why do you get all the attention look'

Poker-face-300x266.jpg

lmao holy shit.

did it hurt
no
can i touch one?
go ahead

Poker-face-300x266.jpg

#niggawut

Sadly, I have no entertaining hair stories.

Except for when I was in Jr. High when I did a brief stint at this Catholic School. Science class, microscopes out. Teacher said we should look at our hair under the magnifying glass.

Guess who's microscope was the center of attention. :-/

did it hurt
no
can i touch one?
go ahead

Poker-face-300x266.jpg

Say yeah, so long as you can grope them back.

Yall got any special afro shampoo?

When I had one, the treatment after washing was what mattered most — oiling, combing, Etc. The shampoo itself never mattered as much, but that was just for my type of hair.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
When I visited Japan, everyone wanted to 'feel' my hair.

In the commotion, I heard the word "Kuma", which, thanks to Tekken, means 'bear' in Japanese

/sigh

@Riovane: You put up with more bullshit than you needed to, but the important thing is that you're leaving without giving them anything to use against you. Honestly, if they're not going to let you advance, it's better to leave at this point than to let them start depending on you. I've seen teams fold in around one or two people, forcing them to take point on anything serious that comes up, just because they didn't drag their feet like everyone else. Shit sucks. You've just got to keep moving forwards and keep your standards up.

Uh...nah.
Do you wash it?
Shampoo?
100% all natural.

can i touch it?
no.
=(

Reading stuff like this always causes me to feel a twinge of guilt. When I met my first set of white classmates, I said all sorts of dumb stuff, like

"So, is it only white people that peel like that when they get sunburns, or is that something I need to look out for up here?"
"Jeezam, he turned red just now! Hey, do you need to go to the nur-"*chair to the face*
"So, is your hair as prickly as it looks, or is it just hard because of the hair gel?"

Still, that was when I was 10 years old, and even then I had the good sense not to get up in their personal space about it. And she just grabbed your hair. Just. No. No.

Maybe you need a flowchart for stuff like this. Laugh like you're in on the joke -> smile awkwardly -> stare into their soul.

Mx2ev8i.gif

I, shit you not, someone earlier this morning in reaction to the idea that girlgaffers didn't feel the same way as some outraged Kotaku writer said, "well women can be part of the patriarchy too." I wanted to smash my computer.

Imm0rt4l

Shit's gross and pretty unhealthy depending on their fat percentage.

I'll agree that being too lean is unhealthy for girls. 20%bf for a chick is ace, but then again the threshold for what I consider to be attractive is a little wide with regards to weight.

Theres a woman at my gym who looks to be 6%bf, obviously a competitive bodybuilding woman. I bet her menstrual cycle is non existant, and if she were to get the flu, she'd probably die. No reason for a chick to get much leaner than 20 imo. That said there are some chicks that have six packs are still sexy as fuck.

You sound jealous.

I'm not. It's seriously unhealthy. Oh nm.

I'll agree that being too lean is unhealthy for girls. 20%bf for a chick is ace, but then again the threshold for what I consider to be attractive is a little wide with regards to weight.

Theres a woman at my gym who looks to be 6%bf, obviously a competitive bodybuilding woman. I bet her menstrual cycle is non existant, and if she were to get the flu, she'd probably die. No reason for a chick to get much leaner than 20 imo. That said there are some chicks that have six packs are still sexy as fuck.

Yeah.

Imm0rt4l

Not a fan myself, personally. It doesn't look too hot.

They've hit that point where you just look too skinny. Their BF% is probably below 10.

the majority of the women in that thread are nowhere near that low. Girls have higher setpoints, 20% is like a beach body for a chick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom