• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like one of thise dresses from the 60s

Black-Ruffle-Lolita-Layered-Skirt-7522-1.jpg

masud

Banned
Anyone else really feeling that Chris Brown song fine China? He didn't write the shit so it's ok for me to like it right?

Gorillaz

that candy coated rain song or whatever is funny as hell. Everytime the camera was on them they looked away from it like they never that shit was bad.

Well hate to ruin the fun but I wanted to give an update on whats going on. Maybe cause I need to vent. Well my amazing security job I just left it of my own accord. I am now working closer to home. Im just tired of getting overlooked and sick of passive aggressive management. If there was any issues with my work performance I would love if someone said something. But they didnt. There was no complaints and I literally am leaving with a clean record moving on to a site closer to home. It just angers me to no end because I honestly thought that this would be the place to advance but because of bitching by other employees I am stuck behind. Fuck that. I get told because of seniority. Fuck that. Im not trying to toot my own horn but my god I am the only one left who can do the job out of all the people at the site minus the company security. And that is what angers me the most. NO one else here can say they can react in a crisis, spit off any of the codes and violations that need to be looked for. I busted my ass to make myself an asset, drove 35 minutes one way to come here and all I got to show for it is living paycheck to paycheck. When others around me couldnt even give two shits for this place and because of the goddamn "crab in a bucket" mentality im getting shafted. I just dont know. My company is not even helping me at all and backing me. Im tired of this ratchet ass mess. I just dont fucking know.

RedSwirl

Mom picked cotton from the age six till college. Most people don't even know the whole "system" of negroes picking cotton on white folks' land persisted until around the 1980's.

akira28

Mom picked cotton from the age six till college. Most people don't even know the whole "system" of negroes picking cotton on white folks' land persisted until around the 1980's.

I can tell you right today where you can go find you some cotton to pick.

If I recall correctly, cottonpickin is almost a cuss word. And calling someone a cottonpicker is most surely an insult.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

If I recall correctly, cottonpickin is almost a cuss word. And calling someone a cottonpicker is most surely an insult.
That's what makes Bugs Bunny so amazing he dropped cottonpickin for about 60 years on air

Kreed

http://ratchetmess.tumblr.com/...... the shit I seen on that site....... *dead

Really wish there was a more SFW version of that site so I could see some of the funnier images and not the gross ones. Had to bail out after seeing the woman with all the burn marks.

damn cotton pickers. I had to pick that shit as kid a few times in South Carolina. Florence County. Was not a fun process. Picking and processing Tobacco is worse.

I grew up in SC but the only time I ever saw cotton as a kid was visiting relatives in the country ("the country" relative to "big cities" in South Carolina). All I remember about cotton was it was really hard to remove the seeds.

Yeah it definitely was an insult and gets used as a slur by racist at times.

I grew up in SC but the only time I ever saw cotton as a kid was visiting relatives in the country ("the country" relative to "big cities" in South Carolina). All I remember about cotton was it was really hard to remove the seeds.

I grew up in Winnsboro SC bro. Fairfield county. My grandparents had a farm. I did all that shit. clean the chicken coup, milk damn cows, pick eggs, harvest corn, salt and smoke meat. shuck beans, etc, etc,. My grandfather had a friend who raised cotton down in Florence and at times when money was tight and he couldn't afford to hire help My gramps would help him out and as a result Gramps would drag his grandkids along as cheap/free labor.

I'm done. So much confusion in this video. Are they in love with the girl(s). Are they angry, Sad?

Rivoane: Stay focused on your goals my dude. It sucks you had to go through that and being stereotyped for whatever reason, but someone will see the value you bring to the table. It just may take a while. Took 5 years before I got the opportunity to climb the "ladder".

Anybody here from crown heights brooklyn? I need to know what happened to my favorite pizza spot called tonys pizza on st johns place. I just had an awful dream that it was bought out by asians from the original italian guys. I swear they made the best pizza i have ever tasted.

Nakazato

My gf is in my ass about moving to LA i have 2300 in the bank and she wants to move out there from fucking Florida. I dont have any jobs lined up she has no jobs lined up and I'm trying to make as much money as possible so when i do go out there im good for a few months. I learned a lot from my Atlanta experience and I refuse to go to LA under prepared.

Sorry for the rant shes stressing me out.

Onemic

My gf is in my ass about moving to LA i have 2300 in the bank and she wants to move out there from fucking Florida. I dont have any jobs lined up she has no jobs lined up and I'm trying to make as much money as possible so when i do go out there im good for a few months. I learned a lot from my Atlanta experience and I refuse to go to LA under prepared.

That will last you like what, 2-3 months at the absolute most in LA? Probably less.

LA is not cheap. 2 grand is 2 months rent in a crap apartment in a crap neighborhood or a below average apartment in the hood. If you don't have a friend or family member willling to spot you their couch, either have a decent savings or have a job waiting for you. If you relocate with none of those, things can get bad, fast.

Save up, and tell her to slow down. Is she helping you save up?

Slayven

LA is not cheap. 2 grand is 2 months rent in a crap apartment in a crap neighborhood or a below average apartment in the hood. If you don't have a friend or family member willling to spot you their couch, either have a decent savings or have a job waiting for you. If you relocate with none of those, things can get bad, fast.

You can get him jumped in with your crew

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Why she trying to move to LA?

She think she about to be an actress?

That looks fun, I been seeing it on Steam got to take a look at it

Yessir. It's a slow burner. Takes awhile to understand what the hell is going on. Like...a long while (a month to get somewhat comfortable with the basics), because there are so many characters that do so many different things, every match is different. But once you get the basics, it all clicks...and then you just wreck shit.

Add me on Steam (harSon) yo

will do.

edit: I think I found you. There are a couple of harsons. If I didn't just add you, add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajreynol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom