• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

- Release dates.
- Top sites for sneakerheads.
- Jordan Retros vs OGs

I don't know for real. Part of me still feels like GAF is too uppity for a Sneakerhead thread.

Shit, I don't think so. We have a thread dedicated to just cans.

Where you're from- Houston
Where you live- Houston
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I don't really know, never thought about asking
Do you know your roots- Hmm, well, majority of my favorite was raised in Brooklyn and they've just kind of spread out the entire country. That's how I was born in the South. I don't really know much about my great grandparents other than the fact that in every picture I've seen they look really light skin yet everyone I've seen in my family is dark skin or med(?). Kind of odd, but I've never thought about asking, just assumed maybe cameras were that bad back then.
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- just living lol, working at a car auction atm.
Your religious affiliation- None, but I have a pretty religious family on my mother's side or at least I'd say so. One of my great uncle is like some pastor who tends to go around United States to different churches often.

I always said I was going to try to post in this thread more, so yeah. What's up

Eh, lol but be real, do you really think at some point GAF will stop being too uppity? I don't think so at all, so might as well go for it. Besides, I think the thread could have some regular members. I'd definitely be down

Welcome!

Mr.Fresh

- favorite shoes/player lines
- sick PEs.
- thoughts on the current direction of the shoe game
- performance
- why resellers suck.
- price rises vs declining material quality
- early release sites
- real vs fake (could be really hilarious)

lots of stuff

can always look back through here for ideas.

Ok cool imma use a couple of those.

- Release dates.
- Top sites for sneakerheads.
- Jordan Retros vs OGs

I don't know for real. Part of me still feels like GAF is too uppity for a Sneakerhead thread.

I would hope GAF isn't to uppity for it but i guess we'll find out.

I can help with the sneaker banners, I just need to find a good typeface to roll with.

Ok cool!

Thanks for helping guys. I really had this idea for a while now but i just decided to speak on it now.

zero_suit

Where you live- Houston
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I don't really know, never thought about asking
Do you know your roots- Hmm, well, majority of my favorite was raised in Brooklyn and they've just kind of spread out the entire country. That's how I was born in the South. I don't really know much about my great grandparents other than the fact that in every picture I've seen they look really light skin yet everyone I've seen in my family is dark skin or med(?). Kind of odd, but I've never thought about asking, just assumed maybe cameras were that bad back then.
Your Age- 21
Your profession/major/career interest- just living lol, working at a car auction atm.
Your religious affiliation- None, but I have a pretty religious family on my mother's side or at least I'd say so. One of my great uncle is like some pastor who tends to go around United States to different churches often.

I always said I was going to try to post in this thread more, so yeah. What's up

Eh, lol but be real, do you really think at some point GAF will stop being too uppity? I don't think so at all, so might as well go for it. Besides, I think the thread could have some regular members. I'd definitely be down
Welcome! It's always great to have new faces.

Where you live- Houston
Your Age- 21

Wassup Mayne, I live in Houston too currently attending University of Houston Downtown.

Ok cool imma use a couple of those.

I would hope GAF isn't to uppity for it but i guess we'll find out.

Ok cool!

Thanks for helping guys. I really had this idea for a while now but i just decided to speak on it now.

Another thing I'd add is maintenance for your sneakers including tips on keeping them clean, sprays, etc.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Is there anything you can get for laces that lose the plastic bit at the end that you use to tie them together? I've always wondered that. Used some struggle shit like duck tape before on my favorite shoes since I couldn't think of anything else.
That's a good question. I guess when I moved out of the dorms and realized eating fast-food every day wasn't going to work is when I started learning how to cook. I started with basic stuff in a wok and recipie books. I had already known a certain number of dishes from just growing up, but wanted to expand the selection. Once you learn what spices do what, and how to put them together, you can actually start getting creative.
Yeah it helps to have an inspiration, I need to press my father for some of his recipes as he makes some really good entrees. I'll be moving with my girlfriend soon into our first place together and so I'll probably have a lot more opportunity (and motivation) to start learning.
Greetings.

PlayDat

On the topic of sneakers: What's up with those facebook posts that are nothing but pictures of Jordans with 50 different people tagged in them?

DominoKid

Yeah or something like The Neogaf Sneakerhead Official Thread.

Edit: Any recommendations for the top 5 Sneaker news sites? I got Nicekicks and sneaker news? you guys know any good ones?

honestly other than sneakernews, modern-notoriety & niketalk i never check anything else.

On the topic of sneakers: What's up with those facebook posts that are nothing but pictures of Jordans with 50 different people tagged in them?

promo/spam.

Mr.Fresh

Thanks for the welcomes!

Cool shit! I'm glad as fuck that winter time is practically over now. Should be staying in the 70s for the most part unless it rains

Lucky you here in Jersey its gonna be cold as shit till like march.

honestly other than sneakernews, modern-notoriety & niketalk i never check anything else.

I check those and Nice kicks thats why i was hoping you guys and some. haha.

Hypebeast

Isnt that more clothes then sneakers though?

Mr.Fresh

yeah. also finishline & footlocker twitter too. since they sell the damn shoes and have the info about how the hell they sell em.

Added!

haha man who you telling....my A/C went out last month randomly. It wasn't a big deal because winter time, but I'm definitely going to have to fix it before summer.

I can't live up north during winter lol. I'd die.

Im used to it since i was born here but i cant wait till the spring. These 15 degree days are killing me!

Nice kicks is alright, I also frequent Kickonfire.com

not to mention the jumpman23 twitter.

Added this too.

Gorillaz

Where you live- Houston
Your Age- 21

Had to do a double take cause I only see you in Gaf Hop welcome TGuy!

All I use to see back when I was on Facebook. Just spam and advertising shit.

Mr.Fresh

SoleCollector.com. 23isback.com for Jordan news.

Gotchu..

Iight so im thinking about putting the 8 hottest kicks of the month in the OP. I dont wanna make it Nike/Jordan heavy So far i got the Lebrons that come out and Jordan 3's that come out. & if any of yall wanna write somethin to put in the op feel free.

U0XV6p1.png

or

rP2dM36.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Poison will always keep a party going or jump-start a lame one. Always. I wonder when they were making the song, did they have a feeling they were making a timeless classic?

edit: and with that, I can get my 5 hours of sleep in peace. thanks, devo.

FreeMufasa

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Poison will always keep a party going or jump-start a lame one. Always. I wonder when they were making the song, did they have a feeling they were making a timeless classic?

edit: and with that, I can get my 5 hours of sleep in peace. thanks, devo.

That along with Rock With You. I heard both in a club last weekend and everyone went crazy.

Doesn't matter the country, those two songs Will get ppl jumpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom