• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreams just one of them uppity negroes.

ieChAVP4gstih.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That took WAY too fucking long lol

and Moris is gonna have to delete at least 45 minutes because he doesn't want to let people know if he's recording or not!

harSon

Banned
Post the recipe if you can, I need more low carb food and still workin off that holiday weight.

For the crust:

Get a head of Cauliflower (you're going to have to shred it into crumbles, either using a good processor or cheese grater)
1 large egg
1 cup of mozzarella cheese (or w/e cheese you want to use)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion salt

Once you have the Cauliflower crumbles (you need 2 cups of it to begin with), throw it in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it for 8 minutes. Take it out and let it cool a bit. Throw the rest of the ingredients together and mix it as best you can. Take that puree and spread it on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Spread it into a 9 to 12 inch circle, even in composition through out. And spray the top of it lightly with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, and once heated to that, throw it in there until it's golden brown (probably around 20 minutes depending on the oven, but you want it crunchy/firm so it can hold the toppings)

The toppings are up to you, but I did a simple mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and canadian bacon pizza. I personally made my own Pizza Sauce, since most store bought ones have a ton of added sugars. I made one out of Tomato Paste, oregano, italian seasoning, paprika, salt, a little bit of sweetener (truvia, splenda, etc) and water to make it a pizza sauce like composition.

For the crust:

Get a head of Cauliflower (you're going to have to shred it into crumbles, either using a good processor or cheese grater)
1 large egg
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion salt

Once you have the Cauliflower crumbles (you need 2 cups of it to begin with), throw it in a microwave safe bowl and nuke it for 8 minutes. Take it out and let it cool a bit. Throw the rest of the ingredients together and mix it as best you can. Take that puree and spread it on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Spread it into a 9 to 12 inch circle, even in composition through out. And spray the top of it lightly with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, and once heated to that, throw it in there until it's golden brown (probably around 20 minutes depending on the oven, but you want it crunchy/firm so it can hold the toppings)

The toppings are up to you, but I did a simple mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and canadian bacon pizza. I personally made my own Pizza Sauce, since most store bought ones have a ton of added sugars. I made one out of Tomato Paste, oregano, italian seasoning, paprika, salt, a little bit of sweetener (truvia, splenda, etc) and water to make it a pizza sauce like composition.
Thanks.

harSon

Banned
Washrags or no Washrags?

I had an hour long debate with a group of friends about this. I was in the washrag camp. Pretty much everyone else was using nothing but a bar of soap or their hands with shower gel, and I would constantly ask how they cleaned their asses without a rag, and for the entire hour they basically refused to fess up. Some used a loofah though.

I had an hour long debate with a group of friends about this. I was in the washrag camp. Pretty much everyone else was using nothing but a bar of soap or their hands with shower gel, and I would constantly ask how they cleaned their asses without a rag, and for the entire hour they basically refused to fess up. Some used a loofah though.

You don't need to get all up in that ass if you're utilizing wetwipes properly.

Slayven

How are folks getting dirt off? They have stone hands?

Anybody Have any suggestions for the Sneaker Head OT? So far i have the hot sneakers for the month and where to find them online. I don't have banners or nothing though. Anybody wanna help?

- Release dates.
- Top sites for sneakerheads.
- Jordan Retros vs OGs

I don't know for real. Part of me still feels like GAF is too uppity for a Sneakerhead thread.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

LOL

Been down that road before man. I've always felt that it was pointless to clean my body with my body.
Anybody Have any suggestions for the Sneaker Head OT? So far i have the hot sneakers for the month and where to find them online. I don't have banners or nothing though. Anybody wanna help?

Don't forget the custom sites.

DominoKid

- Release dates.
- Top sites for sneakerheads.
- Jordan Retros vs OGs

I don't know for real. Part of me still feels like GAF is too uppity for a Sneakerhead thread.

- favorite shoes/player lines
- sick PEs.
- thoughts on the current direction of the shoe game
- performance
- why resellers suck.
- price rises vs declining material quality
- early release sites
- real vs fake (could be really hilarious)

lots of stuff

can always look back through here for ideas.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dreams just one of them uppity negroes.
Lawl. For real though Sunny D is some nasty shit ingredient-wise. So much sugar I don't think they are legally allowed to call it orange juice. Glass of proper orange juice though I couldn't give up, so refreshing.
That looks delicious man. How did you learn to cook? I am so damn lazy I need to force myself to learn.
For the crust:

1 large egg
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion salt

Thanks for the recipe. My girlfriend's trying to get into paleo (which is pretty much keto) so stuff like this is good.

.That looks delicious man. How did you learn to cook? I am so damn lazy I need to force myself to learn.

That's a good question. I guess when I moved out of the dorms and realized eating fast-food every day wasn't going to work is when I started learning how to cook. I started with basic stuff in a wok and recipie books. I had already known a certain number of dishes from just growing up, but wanted to expand the selection. Once you learn what spices do what, and how to put them together, you can actually start getting creative. The best cook I ever knew was one of my older fraternity brothers. I lived with him after I moved out of the dorms for maybe 3 months and dude was just on another level. He'd make shit that blew minds with just a random collection of meats , fruits and ingredients it seemed. He hosted a few parties for maybe 30 people and the food...I haven't forgotten it and this was years ago. One day...

Until then, I'll swear by my desserts. I think they can fuck with anyone's. Still getting better with entrees. I'mma tackle lamb at some point soon. I also need to start working on curry.

Washrags or no Washrags?

washrag for me. I like to scrub, and a towel gets the white heads more efficiently than a sponge or loofa. Also, the exfoliation experience is better (for me).

Where you're from- Houston
Where you live- Houston
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I don't really know, never thought about asking
Do you know your roots- Hmm, well, majority of my favorite was raised in Brooklyn and they've just kind of spread out the entire country. That's how I was born in the South. I don't really know much about my great grandparents other than the fact that in every picture I've seen they look really light skin yet everyone I've seen in my family is dark skin or med(?). Kind of odd, but I've never thought about asking, just assumed maybe cameras were that bad back then.
Your Age- 21
Favorite musical genre- Rap
Your profession/major/career interest- just living lol, working at a car auction atm.
Your religious affiliation- None, but I have a pretty religious family on my mother's side or at least I'd say so. One of my great uncle is like some pastor who tends to go around United States to different churches often.

I always said I was going to try to post in this thread more, so yeah. What's up

Eh, lol but be real, do you really think at some point GAF will stop being too uppity? I don't think so at all, so might as well go for it. Besides, I think the thread could have some regular members. I'd definitely be down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom