• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss being able to enjoy rapper commercialization. I don't think we'll ever have another Def Jam: Fight for New York. Not one that I could get into at least.

I didn't think about stuff like this pretty much until I went to school and started studying game design. And yeah, it does suck when designers put in art meant purely for fan service because it means that there will players who become taken out of the world. Which is the last thing you want when making a game.

Even worse is that it's impossible to talk about shit like this without people coming out the woodwork to proclaim you're some puritan trying to take their fanservice, when really, you're just pointing out criticisms or discussing trends that bother you.

That's because critiquing has become conflated with complaining - and people are conditioned to believe that if you're complaining about something, you're either trying to make a change or you're full of shit. Now people expect you to have some sort of mission statement in mind when you vent about anything; and if you don't, they'll poor over every detail of your comment to find some sort of inconsistency, because there's nothing people like more than exposing frauds and hypocrites. I used to think like that - I think I even made a big-ass post that was basically just whining like that, although thankfully no one bothered to respond. I think I know better now, though; I have enough sense to not post in a venting thread again, that's for sure.

Of course, there's always the idea that people shitpost out of spite; that they feel defensive or guilty (no one ever points out the shame angle, for some reason) for liking whatever's being discussed, and they just want to make other people feel bad for talking about it.

harSon

Banned
Fucking hell

Just read that thread about birth control of women of Ethiopian descent. really Israel!?

Can't say that I'm surprised. When your country is hellbent on maintaining religious homogeneity, then it's not surprising if a desire for ethnic homogeneity follows thereafter.

Mr.Fresh

You know what? You might be able to help me bro.

I'm a Minnesota kid, and despite the fact that they usually suck, I love the Gophers. I love the heritage, the strength of communi - ...

...aight I pretty much dig burgundy and gold.

So, I'm looking for shoes that are burgundy, and MAN! Why is that color match up IMPOSSIBLE to find, yo? I have a pair of Timberlands that I swooped up about 8 or 9 years ago that had this color and texture of a basketball, and I STILL get complements on them because ain't nobody seen them before.

I'm looking for burgundy and gold kicks. Help me Freshy Wan Kenobi, You're my only hope.

http://www.footlocker.com/product/m...s/red/white/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

I would do those or i would do something like Nike id I makes some nice ass air max.

Im makin the sneaker head OT right now and im not sure if i should do it monthly or not.

harSon

Banned
Oh man, that Low-Carb Cauliflower crusted pizza I made for lunch was actually pretty bomb:
72966_435819799821132_1881391260_n.jpg

FyreWulff

Been getting back on track for my diet. In summer I went ketogenic, and my diet was

Breakfast: 4 eggs (w/ one or two yolks removed), Lunch - salad with tuna, Dinner - bunless hamburgers (ground turkey) w/ cheese on top

Now getting back on track, Vancouver version:

breakfast: 2 eggs (shit is expensive up here)
lunch: big hunk of salmon w/ greens
dinner: current plan is hamburgerless burgers from beef this time

Last time I was doing it, it was like the weight was just melting off. Went from 280 to 255 in a month or two. Slid back and fell off the diet, so trying to get back on it now that I'm established here.

Mr.Fresh

Anybody Have any suggestions for the Sneaker Head OT? So far i have the hot sneakers for the month and where to find them online. I don't have banners or nothing though. Anybody wanna help?

Been getting back on track for my diet. In summer I went ketogenic, and my diet was

Breakfast: 4 eggs (w/ one or two yolks removed), Lunch - salad with tuna, Dinner - bunless hamburgers (ground turkey) w/ cheese on top

Now getting back on track, Vancouver version:

breakfast: 2 eggs (shit is expensive up here)
lunch: big hunk of salmon w/ greens
dinner: current plan is hamburgerless burgers from beef this time

Last time I was doing it, it was like the weight was just melting off. Went from 280 to 255 in a month or two. Slid back and fell off the diet, so trying to get back on it now that I'm established here.

Whoa ! I need this diet in my life what else does it include ?

Whoa ! I need this diet in my life what else does it include ?
I don't think their are any specific guidelines other than under 50g of carbs a day, try to avoid wheat products and up your fat intake so you're never hungry, it gets very easy to follow after a while. Lost 50 pounds on it.

FreeMufasa

Yah I put on a lil extra during the holidays. These people just kept feeding me,

I think I'll diet for the whole month of February and go jogging 4x a week. This on top of my normal workout should have me back by march

FyreWulff

I don't think their are any specific guidelines other than under 50g of carbs a day, try to avoid wheat products and up your fat intake so you're never hungry, it gets very easy to follow after a while. Lost 50 pounds on it.

Yeah that's pretty much it. I don't go zero carb, just extremely low, usually once a week splurg on carby food. You're trying to make your body go into ketosis.

Also be sure to take a multivitamin to make up for what you're dropping from not eating certain foods.

I love wwhoever came up with the title.
used to be. nike, foot locker and resellers turned me off in the past 2 or 3 years though.
Same, what turned me off were the really bright colors and shit. Looks like they were sponsored by Starbust. I own too many pair of shoes anyway. I have damn near 30 if not more

ReiGun

This chicken noodle soup got a brother feeling invincible. Wish I had some actual orange juice instead of this Sunny D, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom