• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diddy blog
Diddy blog
Diddy blog

Palin?
PALIN?

Yo Jon McCain, you are bugging the fuck out right now! lmao.

Every TV show should have Diddy randomly pop up in it for an episode or two.

Pfeiffercast.jpg
Classic Pfieffer. Totally classic Pfeiffer.

I see that and can only think of Clerks the cartoon.

Nakazato

One good dump and you are there.

Very true. Now if i can Medium with my stress level im all good. Ive almost lost 80 in 7 months all just cutting back portions, No beef, way less fried food, and moderate exercise (which ive slacked on big time) Never want to be that big again. Should post before and after photos

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nice man, congrats. I know you've been putting the work in.

I weigh about 125 but have twigs for arms and skeletor torso. Typical nerd build.

cdyhybrid

Very true. Now if i can Medium with my stress level im all good. Ive almost lost 80 in 7 months all just cutting back portions, No beef, way less fried food, and moderate exercise (which ive slacked on big time) Never want to be that big again. Should post before and after photos

Damn 80lbs in 7 months is no joke. Nice dude.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Same.
Wish I could put on some muscle.
Yeah I'd be happy just to be at a healthier weight and feel better physically. Skinny ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Hoping to change it someday but usually at a loss for where to begin. I have started to run regularly but that's more about just getting my endurance and tolerance for excersize up from 0.

harSon

Banned

Good shit bro, maintain the grind! Losing that much weight is one of the best feelings in the world, outside of the Steelers beating the Ravens :p

Nakazato

I weigh about 125 but have twigs for arms and skeletor torso. Typical nerd build.
I wish i could be 125-140 I cant remember when the last time i weighted that much... Maybe like 4-5 grade

Damn 80lbs in 7 months is no joke. Nice dude.
Thanks man, I felt like if I could lose the weight i could change my life.

Same.
Wish I could put on some muscle.

If I could lose 80 pounds you got that muscle man just believe.

Good shit bro, maintain the grind! Losing that much weight is one of the best feelings in the world, outside of the Steelers beating the Ravens :p

you mean ravens beating the steelers lol. BTW HarSon cant you talk about the company your working for ??

DominoKid

eat & lift. how tall are you?
i run between 130-140 depending on the day and how much of a pig i've been. most i've ever been was 147 going up from 130. i gained 17 pounds my first month at the beach last summer because i was eating real good and i stopped working out.

ReiGun

I keep telling myself I'm going to start working out and taking better care of myself, but I really have no idea what to do. I just started drinking more water. lol

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Usually between 180 and 210 myself. When i was playing rugby regularly, i was right on 200. Most of it is dense muscle, especially in my legs.

Gonna get back to playing when i move.

6 more pounds and im out the 200's.... FEELS GOOD MAN

Congrats, always great to hear.

BlackJace

Yeah I'd be happy just to be at a healthier weight and feel better physically. Skinny ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Hoping to change it someday but usually at a loss for where to begin. I have started to run regularly but that's more about just getting my endurance and tolerance for excersize up from 0.
I'm running too, and tying a new pull up bar. Best of luck to you man.
If I could lose 80 pounds you got that muscle man just believe.

Thanks man, and congrats, 80 pounds is good shit.

Nakazato

I keep telling myself I'm going to start working out and taking better care of myself, but I really have no idea what to do. I just started drinking more water. lol
Working out is easy to start hard to maintain. I listened to HarSon grilled/baked chicken and salad. Not being around my GF as much helped cause she always wants to go out to eat. (helped my wallet to)

Congrats, always great to hear.
Thanks man. I need to start a running program like couch to 5k

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not even that out of shape, but I remember having one day where I was so dehydrated that my whole body felt locked up, and I told myself 'water/juice only from now on!'. Never went through with it.

stay there bro.

I'm 6'0 and played baseball in HS. Was a consistent 137 and all things considered should have stayed there. 1996 - 97 during the whole attitude era in wrestling, baseball fanatic and being from south I decided to get jacked. A consistent diet of creatine and androstate found myself 215 of what was presumably muscle by my senior year in HS. Went to college stopped playing ball, stopped working out and replaced creatine and androstate with marijuana and absolute. 10+ years later, a beer belly, diabetes, hypertension and a damn partridge in a pear tree it's a constant struggle to keep the weight off.

I'm a nice 192 now but for my height I need to lose about 7 more pounds to get my ideal weight which will help regulate my blood sugar better.

My goal is to completely rid myself of diabetes medicine. Thankfully I'm not on insulin and I'm down to popping 1 pill a day. I want 0 pills.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
i'm a huge sugar fiend but even i like a day or 2 of straight water. it cleanses you. i didn't appreciate water until i was drunk every day of the week. water is good.

Pineapple juice and water. I practically live on those. Just alternate between them daily.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I drink water all the time, rarely ever have anything else. That for sure has helped me feel and sleep better.
eat & lift. how tall are you?
i run between 130-140 depending on the day and how much of a pig i've been. most i've ever been was 147 going up from 130. i gained 17 pounds my first month at the beach last summer because i was eating real good and i stopped working out.
I'm short man, about 5'6. Problem with eating is my girl is on the Paleo so a lot of what we eat is really the opposite of bulk up food. I've also never really eaten a lot, portion-wise. I'd be one of those cats they make finish two trays before being allowed to leave the canteen if I ever got drafted. Maybe if I lived somewhere I could eat steak and potatoes every night I'd weigh more.

Nakazato

I drink water all the time, rarely ever have anything else. That for sure has helped me feel and sleep better.I'm short man, about 5'6. Problem with eating is my girl is on the Paleo so a lot of what we eat is really the opposite of bulk up food. I've also never really eaten a lot. Maybe if I lived somewhere I could eat steak and potatoes every night I'd already be at 180 lbs, lol.

lol. Come to the south gravy is our drink of choice. Im 5'8-9 and weighted 286 pounds.... then again it could be all my moms cooking XD

DominoKid

I drink water all the time, rarely ever have anything else. That for sure has helped me feel and sleep better.I'm short man, about 5'6. Problem with eating is my girl is on the Paleo so a lot of what we eat is really the opposite of bulk up food. I've also never really eaten a lot. Maybe if I lived somewhere I could eat steak and potatoes every night I'd already be at 180 lbs, lol.

okay yeah i'm 5'4"
yeah it's not hard at all for us to get big since there's a lot less area to actually work out.

i cant imagine doing Paleo. i feel like i'd always be hungry. idk much about the nutrition side of fitness so i can't help you there. i just eat whatever and then go workout or play basketball and it's been really successful for me.

planning to really hit the gym hard this summer since i've been taking a break.

I don't know the nutritional facts on it but I recall one of the workout OT's suggesting a gallon of Whole Milk a day as an inexpensive way to bulk up. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Here we go. It's probably best to read the whole OP since it's loaded with info that will help pretty much no matter what your goal is being losing weight or bulking up. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520425

Nakazato

I don't know the nutritional facts on it but I recall one of the workout OT's suggesting a gallon of Whole Milk a day as an inexpensive way to bulk up. I'll see if I can find it.

After drinking said gallon of milk i would be on the shitter all day

I can eat cheese but cant drink milk :(

DominoKid

i cant drink milk either. ice cream works though. it's probably not the most healthy way to do it, but whatever. it works.
few things pack on the pounds like ice cream. i'm pretty sure that's how my roommate got fat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love milk. I tried to do yogurt instead of ice cream. Yogurt's disgusting. Luckily, I'd rather eat meat or vegetables than cold stuff.

Yeah I edited in the link to the thread. Obviously the Milk diet wouldn't be the best way to go about it if your body has a problem with Dairy and I'm definitely no expert on the matter so it really is best to give that whole OP a read.

Figured I'd share my story about hood chicken joints. In the neighborhood near my dorm there's this little hole in the wall place called ho chi. Got some of the best chicken and fries in DC. Alright so first week here me and my boys roll out to Ho chi with some girls we just met. We get there and there's this crazy ass misogynist dude ranting about women. Highlights of the rant include, "They need the dick more than you need the hole", "Women ain't shit without men" and the kicker " Ain't nothing like a hard dick" finally he asked the girls if he could borrow a dollar from them after that rant. We promptly got the fuck outta there. Was quite the welcome to Howard.

Am I wrongin thinking entourages are kind of homoerotic? You paying a bunch of dudes to follow you around and kiss your ass. I mean they don't even take bullets or eat charges no more. You pretty much have a male harem. Cool if that is your thing.

Gadalf had it right with his Condelezza Rice platoon.

I assume you meant Ghaddafi and not Gandalf, right?

Tats, dreads, swag, and money thats all it takes to pull some of these females these days and wayne has it all. Cant hate the Predalien for it though

RedSwirl

5'4 and between 120 and 150, but I got twigs for arms. I gotta actually exercise regularly to stay at 120 though. Just started pushups the other day and my arms still hurt from trying to do five about 12 hours ago.

blacks in music in general pisses me off. its like people really believe that hip hop is the only genre of music attached to black people.

http://blackgirlnerdy.blogspot.com/2013/05/black-girls-who-literally-rock.html

http://blackgirlnerdy.blogspot.com/2013/05/in-case-you-missed-itbgn-podcast-5613.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom