• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

What is the risk/reward ratio for going to a church's chicken, as a white college age male?

general rule of the hood, no matter your race just act like you belong.
the chicken aint worth it though. bojangles or popeyes will suffice. but if all you got is a kfc then you'll have to make that trek to church's

DominoKid

Yall remember when Dada Apparel was hot?

drakedada.jpg

Sike I'm lying. Dada wasn't ever hot. Drake is so damn goofy.

Slayven

general rule of the hood, no matter your race just act like you belong.
the chicken aint worth it though. bojangles or popeyes will suffice. but if all you got is a kfc then you'll have to make that trek to church's
That is true anywhere. My old job had magnetic doors that would only unlock if you had a badge. Wherever I forgot my badge I would just look like I am rushing and wait for somebody to open the door ahead of me.

Those things were 25 bucks a pop.

Slayven

Am I wrongin thinking entourages are kind of homoerotic? You paying a bunch of dudes to follow you around and kiss your ass. I mean they don't even take bullets or eat charges no more. You pretty much have a male harem. Cool if that is your thing.

Gadalf had it right with his Condelezza Rice platoon.

Gorillaz

There has to be a limit to an entourage tho. Iverson is the perfect example of feeding your entourage too much

Look at him not even ESPN hired A.I. he's washed up now....SMH

Slayven

There has to be a limit to an entourage tho. Iverson is the perfect example of feeding your entourage too much

Look at him not even ESPN hired A.I. he's washed up now....SMH
From what I read dude was a one man growth industry. Small towns should be recruiting folks like him.

DominoKid

The places to watch out for are the off brand chicken and fish joints in the hood.Thats where stuff goes down at for real.

yep but the hood fish joint >>>
my mom's cousin owns one. i went there one day and they had the police whole block taped off near it because people were shooting.
i had 2 choices. turn around and get out of dodge or take my chances going into the danger area. yep i went in that joint. fuck i look like passing up a chance to hit the fish joint when there isnt a line?

my mom's cousin owns one. i went there one day and they had the police whole block taped off near it because people were shooting.
i had 2 choices. turn around and get out of dodge or take my chances going into the danger area. yep i went in that joint. fuck i look like passing up a chance to hit the fish joint when there isnt a line?

lmao

Okay since we all bringing out those stories its my turn. I was 5'8 about 250 at the time and just got back from my tour in the sandbox overseas. Well a couple of us thought it would be cool to BBQ before we retuned to the regular rotation of PT and motor pool work so we all bought steaks and burgers and shit. Well I kinda stated that since I was from Louisiana and being the only black cat in the unit I was gonna do the cooking. I only asked that they kept me stocked in alcohol. Now mind you I was on a diet of MRE's and water for the last couple months so I had absolutely no tolerance. I drank a 4 Corona and Bacardi Limon. Then they surprised me with a pimp chalice. And my dumb ass decided to mix every bit of alcohol we had. Smirnoff Ice(lol), Bacardi O3, Limon, and some other stuff and bam. An two hours later and burgers and steak later I'm passed out in my barracks room on the bed. Then I started throwing up some of the worst projectile vomiting ever. I threw up so bad I had to throw away all the mats that I had decorating my floors. I literally woke up in all my puke everywhere and on my clothes. Never got that fucked up again.

The churches on MLK street got a damn metal detector when you walk in the door. And they got these steel bars around the cash register, IDK I guess they don't want the Hulk running in and snatching dat mothafucka. Feel like you're ordering from Alcatraz cafeteria or some shit.

Gotta get dem honey biscuits, tho

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I saw a man get stabbed while I was in line at Chicken King in Charlotte.

Didn't consider losing my spot in line for a second. It was midterm week too? Shiiiii

The churches on MLK street got a damn metal detector when you walk in the door. And they got these steel bars around the cash register, IDK I guess they don't want the Hulk running in and snatching dat mothafucka. Feel like you're ordering from Alcatraz cafeteria or some shit.

Gotta get dem honey biscuits, tho

You know you're in a bad neighborhood when the jack in the box has bulletproof glass. Just trying to get some curly fries and it looks like I just stepped into Magneto's plastic prison cell.

one time like 6-8 years ago i had a job in Newark

we finished up late and stopped at a Kennedy chicken spot

now, we're used to seeing some of them with plexiglass everywhere but this place looked like it was a warzone

we deciced against buying anything from there and instead waited until we were back in NY

a few weeks later, i was watching the news and someone was shot up in the very same chicken spot.

DominoKid

^ yeah that sounds like an urban legend. the SAT minority thing.

I saw a man get stabbed while I was in line at Chicken King in Charlotte.

Didn't consider losing my spot in line for a second. It was midterm week too? Shiiiii

LOL damn. everybody from Charlotte tells me about Chicken King. i'll have to hit that up when i go down there.

Recon

Banned
one time like 6-8 years ago i had a job in Newark

we finished up late and stopped at a Kennedy chicken spot

now, we're used to seeing some of them with plexiglass everywhere but this place looked like it was a warzone

we deciced against buying anything from there and instead waited until we were back in NY

a few weeks later, i was watching the news and someone was shot up in the very same chicken spot.

^ yeah that sounds like an urban legend. the SAT minority thing.

LOL damn. everybody from Charlotte tells me about Chicken King. i'll have to hit that up when i go down there.

Chicken is serious business..fuck.

BlackJace

It's not so much the clientele at the chicken joints, so much as it's the employees.
Unbelievable some times. I've had a person at the register spit on my hand before for asking about the bathroom keys.

Item Box

Damn, these stories make my neighborhood sound like the safest place to live, lol

The chicken stores around me have the usual plexiglass and whatever, but I've never seen or heard anything happening from the times that I visited them.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Do the women in the lfl wear less gear than the men? I thought I read an article about health concerns, because of how fucking hard they were hitting each other. The woman in the gif in that complex link looked possessed by the spirit of Ray Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom