• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
qim3e.gif

tobiasc0uxh.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It seems Hollywood is finally evolving: http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pine...or-cast-in-sci-fi-adaptation-z-for-zachariah/

Amanda Seyfried and Chiwetel Ejiofor are on screen lovers, and from what I can tell, the narrative has nothing to do with them being an interracial couple. I mean sure it took him being the last Nigga on Earth to accomplish (at least he's not played by Tom Hanks!), but it's a step in the right direction...
Seyfried is that rare breed of ultra hottie that actually knows how to act. Should be interesting to see if they keep it real on-screen to fit with the narrative and what kind of chemistry her and Ejofor project.

Still hits two of your benchmarks for black actors: sci-fi and non plot point interracial relationship. Good stuff.

Imm0rt4l

It seems Hollywood is finally evolving: http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pine...or-cast-in-sci-fi-adaptation-z-for-zachariah/

Amanda Seyfried and Chiwetel Ejiofor are on screen lovers, and from what I can tell, the narrative has nothing to do with them being an interracial couple. I mean sure it took him being the last Nigga on Earth to accomplish (at least he's not played by Tom Hanks!), but it's a step in the right direction...
Good shit, though I'm a little skeptical.

I haven't been here in a minute but I just had some ramen noodles with hot sauce for the first time. It was Delicious! I don't know how I missed out on it all these years.

ReiGun

A dude I knew in college brags all the time about brewing his own liquor.

We're fairly certain it's adversely affecting his health. I mean, this is the same guy who thought liquefied orange peels were a viable coffee substitute. So I doubt the safety of his brewing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never like to see a console fail. That's ridiculous, and the 3DS looks like the best console of 2013... butttt my favorite 'meme' of Gaf for 2013 is people going 'I didn't buy a Wii U to play <insert third party of the week> anyways!'

zero_suit

guess they decided to just be up front, instead of wasting everybody's time with ridiculous test game scenarios like they did last gen
Capcom did that test game shit on the Wii with that on-the-rails RE game even though RE4 Wii sold over 1 million units.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
a certain friend is trying to get me to go with him. im kinda burned out on the e3 experience after trying to get into the sony show last year

I hear they usually just let people close to start time for the press conference after all those invited have got in. Will try and see. I'm at the MS and Ubi ones this year.

Nakazato

only ps4 vita and ill pick up a 3ds soon. PC Ps4 this gen 4 me

I remember getting ps3 at launch (window) and having nothing to play... it was a sad Christmas

Im gonna treat the WiiU like I did the Wii. I didn't buy one until years after release when it was dirt cheap. I think I paid 120 for a black Wii, 2 controllers, the Zap It gun and House of the Dead Overkill, HotD 2&3. My lady loves shooter games and it gave me a chance to snatch up Warioland Shake It. I also ended up getting Sin and Punishment and Xenoblade. And that's it beside that Donkey Kong later. I still don't have titles that scream "Buy Me".

Satch

Banned
Already got one for Xmas, waiting for actual games to play

If they don't reveal a release date for Kamiya's new action game tomorrow....

...I'm gonna be so heated, lol. For real.

now bitch, im gonna need some receipts

are you talking about wondy101 or is this something else????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom