• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Season 4 is the best season!

I've never watched The Wire before. Might seem like a silly reason but I always feel like if I did watch it I would be nitpicking, so that has kind of stopped me from doing so. I said I'd give it a chance eventually though

Still have yet to watch it either. Seen a dozen clips about it and a character named Stringer Bell. I think irdis elba plays him.

zero_suit

I've never watched The Wire before. Might seem like a silly reason but I always feel like if I did watch it I would be nitpicking, so that has kind of stopped me from doing so. I said I'd give it a chance eventually though

Still have yet to watch it either. Seen a dozen clips about it and a character named Stringer Bell. I think irdis elba plays him.

Just watch it, brahs.

Mr.Fresh

PJzlmDL.png

zdQru1C.png

I like the 1st one too

ReiGun

Most folk I know don't care for The Wire, but that's mostly because I live in Baltimore and they feel it gave the city a bad name. For myself, I just haven't felt like watching it.

Slayven

I've never watched an entire episode of charmed and I can say that opinion is objectively false.

BSG>>>>Lost tho
BSG is EVA tier in subtlety, so that is why it fails.

Most folk I know don't care for The Wire, but that's mostly because I live in Baltimore and they feel it gave the city a bad name. For myself, I just haven't felt like watching it.

No wonder you know the struggle in and out.

Imm0rt4l

In several places, lmao

I'll vouch for it, but I can't say that it's better than The Wire since I haven't seen it. I didn't have cable during the time it aired and only heard about it existing because of ya'll.
Oh I already know it ain't seeing the wire. I'm talking about bsg or even lost.

Mumei

Why watch the wire, when I see the real street shit. First 48 , and Snapped. That is the real shit. ID channel bitches.

I only watch Investigation Discovery when I am dog-sitting a friend of a family member's friend's poodle.

Except when I watch they seem to be running Deadly Women 24/7.

Watch The Wire. It has fantastic story arcs and characters; it's not all about social issues and sociology - or at least that isn't the entirety of its appeal

Young Justice and GL have officially been cancelled after this season... I think might have to act my age and be done with cartoons cause I refuse to watch TMNT or fucking my little pony

its a damn tragedy. To be honest TMNT ain't half bad.

With regards to The Wire, started the first episode a couple of years ago, fell asleep and haven't gone back to watch it since. I know its great, just can't be bothered to watch it

Slayven

I only watch Investigation Discovery when I am dog-sitting a friend of a family member's friend's poodle.

Except when I watch they seem to be running Deadly Women 24/7.

Watch The Wire. It has fantastic story arcs and characters; it's not all about social issues and sociology - or at least that isn't the entirety of its appeal
Women do love to plot murder if those shows are anything to go by.
What hoods don't have buses? I thought public transportation was a hood staple?
You know those brothers that go around the world to explain fucked up shit they did.

FyreWulff

What hoods don't have buses? I thought public transportation was a hood staple?

Well, they kind of go on the border of them, but never straight through. Then the bus would actually be useful.

Also, went through an old game of mine yesterday and replaced about 60 music tracks with silence and issued an update. The songs I paid for didn't have a forever-contract on them and the other authors have fallen off the internet.

Didn't think I would feel a bit emo doing that but I did.

Young Justice and GL have officially been cancelled after this season... I think might have to act my age and be done with cartoons cause I refuse to watch TMNT or fucking my little pony

Damn, that wasn't very long, was it?

FyreWulff

I mean bus routes usually seem to be on the border of the poorer areas, not actually going through them, so you have to walk long distances to seemingly arbitrarily located bus stops to even catch it. Then after that point they run like once an hour.

In richer areas they often go through the middle of the neighborhood/follow the main streets all the way in, so they're a lot easier to use, and are more frequent. My old neighboord was once every 50 minutes, then i moved to midtown and had one available every 15

ReiGun

The Young Justice news got me to break out the JLU. Watching the episode when Superman fought Captain Marvel. Supes is re-writing the book on being a hater. Hated on the poor kid so bad he quit.

Gorillaz

Speaking of Young Justice kind of wish they would have kept going with Teen Titans. Back in 06 it was hitting it's stride and that shit just ended. ENDED. For no reason.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I mean bus routes usually seem to be on the border of the poorer areas, not actually going through them, so you have to walk long distances to seemingly arbitrarily located bus stops to even catch it. Then after that point they run like once an hour.

In richer areas they often go through the middle of the neighborhood/follow the main streets all the way in, so they're a lot easier to use, and are more frequent. My old neighboord was once every 50 minutes, then i moved to midtown and had one available every 15

That's not how it rolls in la at least. The buses roll all over the city out here. Does it really not work that way anywhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom