• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's gotta be a SWS podcast episode tackling the topic of who can say it, and where they can say it. I want to be part of that episode specifically.

Also, I was up until close to 3am listening to eps 1 and 3...such good work, guys.

Could any of you pull this outfit off? I don't think I could

lRmNc.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not going to post in there because some of those comments are just begging for aggression and it's not worth getting banned over. Fucking bullshit though.

It's stormy as hell outside today.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
That thread is actually making my blood boil. I hope some folks get their due. I usually don't let those types of threads get to me but....some people...

Can't believe someone said 'you don't see white people do this'. Um Jerry springer? Sure, it doesn't get recorded as often but they'd because cellphones with cameras cut into the meth budget. I would know, I was surrounded by white trash as a child.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
We were both hired about a year ago as temps. But they got her through some service that is real dumb.

They paid me 10/hour and her 18/hour plus 8/hour to the service for a year. She is rude as hell and is oblivious to it and snitches like crazy for petty shit.

She once brought our supervisor and another employee in a room to say the employee was working too slow despite the employee training her and basically doing both of their jobs.

She never really liked me cause people would request me on projects much more often than her because she was slow and rude as fuck. She got wind of this when an employee took shit off her desk to give to me and said they needed it done that day. There were tears.

Fastforward; we now work together. Just the other day she came to my desk "can you come here for a minute?" sure I said and she walked me into our supervisor's office and said while pointing at me "he hasn't been printing X reports for the past 4 days."

I was fucking shocked. I was pulled away from the reports directly by our supervisor to assist our auditors and she was well aware of this. Luckily our supervisor gave her a 'yea, so what' face and made her look foolish. Then she brought up that I had put the wrong date on a spreadsheet from 3 weeks ago...shit was sad.

Just now walking through the halls we pass by eachother and I say 'hey, hows it going?' and she looks me in the eye and looks away with much salt.

Offer to take her to lunch to mend the working relationship, then take her to Churches and abandon her in the parking lot.

Entirely too real. A little over an hour of heat.
Please define for those of us who are not in the loop.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
like always please keep me in the loop for the exclusive PM's....

Also Moris you work in Corporate Hell man.... you work with a needy psycho, a snitch, and a boss who dangles promotions as a form of bait & switch.... that shit sounds turrible man just turrible.

In other news I dreamed last night some black dude was screaming at me to make another def jam game. I don't know why.

That was me.

I've notice a lot of my fellow white people on the internet are like this. You need to look at it like this: The majority of people on Gaf spend their time online or playing video games; not really familiarizing themselves with the outside world.

I've actually been thinking about making a thread on how alot of people on internet seem sheltered.

Fake edit: why in the fuck am I awake...

It's a forum; it caters to those that have little to no exposure to the outside world and those who hold despicable, backwards beliefs/notions that would get them killed if they voiced them in the same way in real life.

Actually, I wouldn't attribute the idiocy in that thread to being shut-ins. I don't think the GAF community is all too different from any other, demographics wise. It's just that people are able to show their absolute worst-side here without considerable consequence, sometimes w/o any consequence at all, like in the taser thread. I'm sure we all interact with people as racist as the worst in that thread on a daily basis, the only difference is they fear what'll happen if they reveal their hate.

Also, I want to compile a list of the worst (best?) posts in that thread, Mama Robotnik style. I love shaming racists and showing everyone what stains of society they are. If I have to hear someone mention "post-racial society," every other week, then I'll have a new batch of evidence to prove the contrary.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not sure if having that chat in the wild is the best idea.

I'd need for every involved party to sign off on it before I entertain the idea.
I didn't mean to start a sign-up rally. If you wanna go the better safe than sorry route that's no big deal. Probably nothing worse irc banter anyway.
right?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I just had an idea "why is there no worldstar version for rednecks? I mean remember when that guy shot his daughters computer for talking shit to her mother... Redneck WorldStar.... or that guy who (while not a redneck) shitted on his high employee for coming in on drugs a few days ago...Redneck Worldstar.... Shit replace the twerk girls with some tig old bittie strippers jumping on trampolines and find some unlucky religious snake handlers with shakey hands it could become a media juggernaut.

I just had an idea "why is there no worldstar version for rednecks? I mean remember when that guy shot his daughters computer for talking shit to her mother... Redneck WorldStar.... or that guy who (while not a redneck) shitted on his high employee for coming in on drugs a few days ago...Redneck Worldstar.... Shit replace the twerk girls with some tig old bittie strippers jumping on trampolines and find some unlucky religious snake handlers with shakey hands it could become a media juggernaut.
I already explained why earlier in the thread. :p

Imm0rt4l

Considering people couldn't even keep Nigga in Nippon under wraps, this should be saved only as a tool for blackmail.
This. I dont think it should really be discussed further, it makes people more curious.

The chat wasn't anything insidious, just a lot of real talk.

Word, I finally subscribed to this thread, I can't keep up with all these threads I post in the old fashioned way. But man the passive-aggressive racism on GAF infuriates the hell out of me. That mall cop thread just....sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom