• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605946

5252-crying-black-man.gif

This was the same town, One Week Earlier:

I'm not lovin' it. Two women who were kicked out of the McDonald's on 69th Street in Upper Darby Wednesday afternoon for engaging in sexual relations in the bathroom were jumped by a group of customers once they exited the restaurant, according to police. Shortly before 5 p.m. a group of customers went to the manager of the McDonald's and told her that there were two women engaging in sex in the restaurant's second-floor bathroom, said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood. "Everybody should do their own thing but doing it at 5 o'clock in the afternoon in a McDonald's bathroom - whether you're female and female, female and male or male and male - what the f---?" The manager went to the bathroom and threw the women out of the restaurant, police said. Shortly thereafter, the group of seven or eight people who had complained about the women ran outside and began assaulting the couple, Chitwood said. One of the women was stabbed in the shoulder with an unknown object by a female in the attacking group who appeared to be around 40 years old and had two children with her, police said. As police arrived, the crowd scattered. Officers had to convince the stabbing victim to seek medical assistance at a hospital, where she was treated for her injuries and released. The couple said that their attackers used derogatory language against them during the beating. Police are in the process of obtaining surveillance footage from the McDonald's to determine the identity of the attackers.

If you know the area, this isn't really all that surprising.

Someone save me from the stupidity that is this thread.

Out of curiousity, does anybody know how many black voice actors there are?

Cree Summer (Penny from Inspector Gadget, Elmyra from Tiny Toons, Susy Carmichel from Rugrats, Foxy from Drawn Together, Cleo from Clifford the Big Red Dog, many many more...goddesstier)

Phil LaMar (Jon Stewart, Static Shock, Samurai Jack, Jazz, many many more...godtier)

Phil Morris (Doc Saturday from The Secret Saturdays)

Keith David (Goliath from Gargoyles, Facilier from Princess and the Frog)

Regina King (Huey and Riley from the Boondocks) and most of the Boondocks cast

Samuel L. Jackson (Frozone, Afro Samurai and Ninja Ninja, Gin Rummy)

It's hard to separate working voice actors from people who are just doing one role for a short time or a cameo, but you can see that there are more than a few.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
All Gabe needs to do is call an impromptu press conference.

Walk up to the mic and just say "three"

Drop the mic.

guaranteed internet meltdown.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I've been meaning to bring this up for a while now.

If people were really that desperate for HL3 they would have either made and funded a
kickstarter or flat out boycotted everything steam & valve related to force Gabe's hand.

The fuck is the riff raff ass shit? I bet yall wear cardigans and go to book clubs.

Really.

I love dogs. No problem with them. But let's be real. Let me break it down. I have six trained killers of anything that can go piss and poop on their own. Don't have to worry about them fucking up the house when I leave and go anywhere. They chill but if by chance someone comes to the house they run to the windows and look, any vermin get in they kill it, if I'm feeling like shit they right there to relax. So let's recap:

I have a sentai squad that are an alarm system, vermin killer and a social barometer. I don't have to do anything but feed them and scoop poop. Investment that pays off in spades.

So yes I wear a cardigan proudly relaxed knowing they handle my lite work.

#petsforgrownfolks

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Really.

I love dogs. No problem with them. But let's be real. Let me break it down. I have six trained killers of anything that can go piss and poop on their own. Don't have to worry about them fucking up the house when I leave and go anywhere. They chill but if by chance someone comes to the house they run to the windows and look, any vermin get in they kill it, if I'm feeling like shit they right there to relax. So let's recap:

I have a sentai squad that are an alarm system, vermin killer and a social barometer. I don't have to do anything but feed them and scoop poop. Investment that pays off in spades.

#petsforgrownfolks

Don't ever be ashamed of that kitty cat death squad. Honestly, if my house was ever invaded, the cats are more likely to save the day than the giant dog. The dog will probably ask the intruder to pet his belly. Fucking traitor.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It doesn't amaze me at all, from a typical-GAF standpoint and from people who claim to be "legally neutral". Common sense tells a very clear story to me about what happened but in legal-speak this isn't the case at all. Legally the case is fucked because we don't actually know enough about what happened since Martin is dead and the eye witnesses have mostly testified awfully or unreliably. Second degree murder is too much to prove on such little concrete information and thus by double jeopardy he will also be cleared of manslaughter. Zimmerman isn't testifying for a reason, he's lied and changed his statement and story multiple times since the event.

It's just a shame that he will likely walk as the entire situation sets an awful precedent and a family now has a dead son with absolutely no answers and no justice. I guess we should just be satisfied this was even brought to trial at all? Maybe if the police hadn't dragged their feet investigating this in the first fucking place this wouldn't be where we are, but here we are. It's just a mixed bag of disappointment all around.

Rant: One of my employees came to me a few weeks ago saying that she wanted to apply for another job because she's getting tired of our day to day. I tell her to check the job postings and apply to a job that's fitting for her and we'll discuss it. Few day later she applies for a position. I do some research and discover the job is a downgrade although the title is higher than her current position as it's in customer service and we are not. I advise her to continue looking and at the time she agrees.

The Week of E3. I'm on vacation; she takes that time to complain to her peers and I later find out she complains to my boss that she feels like I'm holding her back. She has also applied for the job I advised against. She has since interviewed and accepted the offer. She starts Monday. A few hours ago she met with her future manager, and takes that time to inquire more about the position.

Long story short. The new department does not qualify for a monthly incentive. My employee will be seeing a reduction in income of about $1450.00 a month. Now she is second guessing her decision and wants to recant her offer. The problem is because she has already accepted it's my decision if I choose to allow her to stay. Should I?

I learned a long time ago not to take what employees say seriously but I hired this individual day one, she has reported to me since 2010. She is 1 of 5 employees from my original team that is still here. I'm actually kinda hurt. It's like your daughter telling folks behind your back she hates your guts when you've spent years assisting her.

Depends.

She's probably going to continue looking elsewhere...if that doesn't matter 1450$ a month is a lot and the economy is rough, no need to put someone in a bad spot out of spite if she does her job day to day.

Really.

#petsforgrownfolks

Don't ever be ashamed of that kitty cat death squad. Honestly, if my house was ever invaded, the cats are more likely to save the day than the giant dog. The dog will probably ask the intruder to pet his belly. Fucking traitor.
You guys are really bad at training dogs.

Yado

Long story short. The new department does not qualify for a monthly incentive. My employee will be seeing a reduction in income of about $1450.00 a month. Now she is second guessing her decision and wants to recant her offer. The problem is because she has already accepted it's my decision if I choose to allow her to stay. Should I?

I learned a long time ago not to take what employees say seriously but I hired this individual day one, she has reported to me since 2010. She is 1 of 5 employees from my original team that is still here. I'm actually kinda hurt. It's like your daughter telling folks behind your back she hates your guts when you've spent years assisting her.

I wouldn't allow her to stay. Sounds like she made her bed.

Imm0rt4l

Maybe you'll get lucky and Gouken/Dudley will get some good shit in the 2013 AE patch.
I won't hold my breath for gouken buffs. Started playing ryu and I think I'm pretty solid. Getting hate mail from 4-5kpp players so I'm doing something right. Played some long sets against some very strong gouken players a few weeks back using my roo. They raged hard, 'twas a bitter sweet couple of victories. On one hand it gives my ryu some legitimacy, on the other hand I know how to expose gouken, show no respect. I'm game for some Dudley buffs tho. We can't be low tier heroes forever beef. That feel when my I should have heeded sanfords advice all those years ago.

Imm0rt4l

You live in Vegas? We should start up a fund to seen you to one of the brothels for a hoodview of the places.
Yea I live here. Never been to a brothel, they're all like an hour or 2 away as prostitution isn't legal in Vegas but it is in Pahrump. I don't like going to strip clubs all too often cuz I don't like being accosted by a bunch of girls asking me for alone time. I ain't a chump, let me sit and enjoy the show on the stage. I'll come to you if I want a lap dance, Jesus. We got Asian massage parlors, I have a friend who frequents those. Dude is addicted to prostitutes and got busted in a sting a few weeks back.

Slayven

Yea I live here. Never been to a brothel, they're all like an hour or 2 away as prostitution isn't legal in Vegas but it is in Pahrump. I don't like going to strip clubs all too often cuz I don't like being accosted by a bunch of girls asking me for alone time. I ain't a chump, let me sit and enjoy the show on the stage. I'll come to you if I want a lap dance, Jesus. We got Asian massage parlors, I have a friend who frequents those. Dude is addicted to prostitutes and got busted in a sting a few weeks back.

Did you have to bail him out?

Slayven

Last Batman movie i saw was Begins. SO I youtube the batman and bane fight. What the fuck? How is this shit serious with those voices?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I know I would feel betrayed if I found out they did that behind my back. I would call a meeting to talk to her and explain that you suggested she skip that position because of the very reason that it would be a lot less money than she is worth. Tell her you value her work and you aren't trying to hold her back, you were just trying to help her out. Hopefully she see's some sense in that and your mercy at accepting her back temporarily.

IDK I can also easily see someone saying thanks and then just shanking you all over again. Business is ruthless.

ReiGun

Last Batman movie i saw was Begins. SO I youtube the batman and bane fight. What the fuck? How is this shit serious with those voices?

Batman's voice was hilariously bad in the last two, but I kinda dug Bane's voice. Like a Bond villain using Optimus Prime's voicebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom