• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakazato

This is Zoe Saldana playing Nina Simone levels of BS. Even when Hollywood manages to actually do the right thing and ethnically diversify its portfolio, it some how manages to do it in a way that still perpetuates the status quo. Yeah, let's get the light skinned racially ambiguous actor who refuses to publicly admit his black ancestry to play the black Super Hero. I know he's bankable, and that's what matters most in Hollywood, but comic book films have a recent history of bucking that trend.

I'm glad the movie is being made, and I love Vin Diesel, but the pairing rubs me the wrong way :/
Same I think you go kinda campy and use Terry Crews he would be a great Powerman/Luke Cage.

Vin Diesel playing Black Panther, fuck ya'll talking bout

Id riot.

Well.

Personally I think Black Panther screams Chiwetal Elijifor to an extent I could settle with Idris Elba. Looks and presence accounted for. That's just my opinion though.

Now for Luke, I dig the whole campy idea but at the same time I always thought Michael Jai White pre Black Dynamite would have been one thought. That's one role I honestly have no clue who I could get to play him. And personally I hope they kinda go with an unknown

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605946

5252-crying-black-man.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Still waiting on dat Black Panther movie Marvel, make it happen!

Nah apparently that world is too complex to convey..... They rather make a urban stereotype superhero movie first.... Got to fill that black people in jail being redeemed to save the day quota somehow.....

Sarcasm aside if its heroes for hire this makes sense since i could see it being a fast & furious type film but with more fights.... However the lack of a black panther movie is still some bullshit on MARVEL's part.

4pm in the afternoon no less. My man a G. My question is; why does my man beard have bald spots?

Edit - Also you guys know we'll never get a panther, luke cage or any other hero movie. We got blade.

If we lucky we'll get a static shock movie and that's about it.

fader

Well.

Personally I think Black Panther screams Chiwetal Elijifor to an extent I could settle with Idris Elba. Looks and presence accounted for. That's just my opinion though.

Now for Luke, I dig the whole campy idea but at the same time I always thought Michael Jai White pre Black Dynamite would have been one thought. That's one role I honestly have no clue who I could get to play him. And personally I hope they kinda go with an unknown

nawww... to old...

Oh crap! Didn't see the above post about Cage possibly getting a movie. Freaking job's internet security is atrocious. But Vin Diesel playing Cage?????

4pm in the afternoon no less. My man a G. My question is; why does my man beard have bald spots?

Edit - Also you guys know we'll never get a panther, luke cage or any other hero movie. We got blade.

You also forgot Spawn.

Slayven

It's just Static man, get it right.
Yeah, he's funny, but Slayven has me dying on the podcast.
Nice to be appreciated
slay went down a dark path after getting rejected by devo and satch.
Don't let me catch you in the streets.

Slayven

So are people still pretending that that the core story of that Jeantel girl doesn't line up with what other witnesses have said?

Man I only want to read the verdict. cause everytime I read something on the internet where they are discussing thte trial it gets me mad. Fuck devil advocates, they are just being assholes. And I swear before god some people are getting off over the thought this dude might go free.

Mr. Patch

Man I only want to read the verdict. cause everytime I read something on the internet where they are discussing thte trial it gets me mad. Fuck devil advocates, they are just being assholes. And I swear before god some people are getting off over the thought this dude might go free.

Apparently yet ANOTHER witness just said that heard movement in the grass.

Where was Trayvon's body found? In the grass, away from the pavement.

BHZ Mayor

I know this is awful but I'm kinda hoping he gets convicted more for the salt than for actual justice at this point.

Gorillaz

If there case is riding on her testimony then they are fighting an uphill battle. That shit is bout to get picked apart smh. Hope she was more prepared today

MICHAEL JAI WHITE IS LUKE CAGE.

He has the martial arts skills. He's not a great actor but he's good enough, I think.

Either him or Isaiah "Old Spice" Mustafa. Or Terry Crews.

Also, lil Shazam sista's hair is perfect.

Gorillaz

^I saw that one post you made in there either...shit was like a nuke going off lol

also terry crews as a superhero? I think he's reached that point in his career that people won't take him serious anymore. He's now comical relief status

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That guy admitting he was an alt account in the Zimmerman trial thread and then banned...lol. Guess his derogatory commentary wasn't painting a big enough target on his own back.

HomShaBom

Banned
Just made a quick OT4, im lazy and copied most of DYs shit, posting soon. Gimme a title though.

e: aww damn i done copied over my shit, back to work

I thought it was pretty well known it was Blackface's alt. I guess mods were letting it go til he made a fool of himself again. He has a pretty long history of ignorant ass posts iirc under both names.

I thought it was pretty well known it was Blackface's alt. I guess mods were letting it go til he made a fool of himself again. He has a pretty long history of ignorant ass posts iirc under both names.

I never had conformation because I wasnt in NBA GAF this season because of my work schedule but his posting style and the Demar avatar were kind of dead giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom