• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tipsy and hype as fuck watching soccer

Only way to make it entertaining

295wfus.gif

Gameplay
Story
Music
Art
Flow

The only thing FFT beats it in is the inventory management. I can't believe this game isn't in more top __ lists.
They're both good, don't get me wrong. I don't regret my purchase of TO, but it's so damn grindy compared to FFT, at least in terms of managing your party. Not a fan of having to level up basic abilities and shit, at least in the way TO does.

Tactics isn't any slower than ogre. And the character models are better in tactics. The 3d rendering of the field, while nice at the time, hurts it with time. The 2d field of ogre while basic, still holds
Yes it is especially when you take slowdowns and framerate into account. It makes it much more time consuming.
They're both good, don't get me wrong. I don't regret my purchase of TO, but it's so damn grindy compared to FFT, at least in terms of managing your party. Not a fan of having to level up basic abilities and shit, at least in the way TO does.

Not really, both FFT and TO have the same amount the grind and I say that because both games you can break them easily. Honestly I'd say TO requires less grind if you focus on archers early in the game, makes it pretty unbalanced, that's one thing I disliked about both FFT and TO.

Edit: I see what you are saying though

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Remember I said this?

I'm pretty sure this was posted on GAF before, and there were people defending it saying you can't really claim it was racism unless it was the same exact people watching the white guys messing with the car and the black guys messing with the car at the same time of day etc.

Well it got reposted.

And the same thing happened.

Different people react differently.

Could have just gotten a bunch of non-assertive individuals first.

Hard to say how they would have reacted in both situations.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
How do they miss that big ass goal so much? Thats what has always annoyed me about soccer.

I'm not the biggest soccer buff (though I do watch it sometimes), but I imagine it's hard to target a goal when dudes are trucking at you full speed cleats first

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yes it is especially when you take slowdowns and framerate into account. It makes it much more time consuming.

Which version are you playing? The only version of tactics with noticeable slowdown in war of the lions

A.E Suggs

Well like I said earlier, I love both, because they're so similar (have similar positions like a forward, dribbling, weaving in and out of players with a handicap). I just prefer soccer because it is a defense oriented sport and I've always been big on defense in games and sports. Bball is great but offense oriented. Meanwhile in soccer you'll have every player playing every position in the course of the game. I just find it more interesting and tense to watch. Basketball lacks drama that makes soccer so appealing.

I love both as well but I can actually play basketball well..anywhere and not just watch it unlike soccer. I can't remember if we even had a soccer team every year at my highschool either, I do know that the time I wanted to be on the team there wasn't one.

Well like I said earlier, I love both, because they're so similar (have similar positions like a forward, dribbling, weaving in and out of players with a handicap). I just prefer soccer because it is a defense oriented sport and I've always been big on defense in games and sports. Bball is great but offense oriented. Meanwhile in soccer you'll have every player playing every position in the course of the game. I just find it more interesting and tense to watch. Basketball lacks drama that makes soccer so appealing.

Which is why American Football is the superior sport.

Why did you assume Basketball was my favorite sport?

RACIST?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm fuckin done with these people and we're only two days into the fucking month.

Gorillaz

The Olympics still shits on everything out there just because of it's 4 year build up and multi sport/nation representing. World Cup comes in a distant but still close 2nd.

i'm not down with dat slave labor (college sports)

Yea...NCAA is basically getting away with murder with the things they in control college sports.

Had to go for my friend's kid's 1st birthday.

I think I mentioned it before, but I look younger than I am (I'll be 24 in April) so I get reminded of this whenever I go somewhere with lots of kids and I get to feel gross about 15/16 year olds staring at me.

Had to go for my friend's kid's 1st birthday.

I think I mentioned it before, but I look younger than I am (I'll be 24 in April) so I get reminded of this whenever I go somewhere with lots of kids and I get to feel gross about 15/16 year olds staring at me.

I know that feel. Had two young girls try to talk to me at McDonalds yesterday. They did the "my friend thinks you're cute" thing and I just said "I'M TWENTY FIVE." They looked confused and thankfully left me alone.

FyreWulff

I think I'm probably one of the very few non-black guys that this happens to, but people always wanted to touch my hair when I was younger. I had a teacher that would always muss up my hair in math class and go "ITS LIKE BUNNY FUR".

I'll never understand why people think it's fine to just reach the fuck over and touch your hair. I've been woken up in study halls from people just walking over and start futzing with my hair.

Anyway, in time for my birthday later this month, I think I'm going to finally shave my head. My widow's peaks are reaching Vegeta level and I might as well try it. Might go for a buzz all around with the trimmers first then attempt a complete shave later. What's the general strategy here? Hope you hit it all, or have someone do it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom