• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

I think I'm probably one of the very few non-black guys that this happens to, but people always wanted to touch my hair when I was younger. I had a teacher that would always muss up my hair in math class and go "ITS LIKE BUNNY FUR".

I'll never understand why people think it's fine to just reach the fuck over and touch your hair. I've been woken up in study halls from people just walking over and start futzing with my hair.

Anyway, in time for my birthday later this month, I think I'm going to finally shave my head. My widow's peaks are reaching Vegeta level and I might as well try it. Might go for a buzz all around with the trimmers first then attempt a complete shave later. What's the general strategy here? Hope you hit it all, or have someone do it for you?

man people will always like touching your hair. i popped in my neighbor's party last night for a bit after avoiding them for a while. them girls couldn't stop talking about it. "omg your hair is so long" *touch* *pull* *rub* "and it's soft like cotton too." real quote mind you. the stone faces that line got from the crowd were hilarious.

i'm not gonna act like i don't lowkey enjoy it though.

Had to go for my friend's kid's 1st birthday.

I think I mentioned it before, but I look younger than I am (I'll be 24 in April) so I get reminded of this whenever I go somewhere with lots of kids and I get to feel gross about 15/16 year olds staring at me.

i wish all girls <16 were invisible or came w/ a marker indicating age. it'd be so much easier and i wouldn't feel like a creeper when i find out some girl i've been checking out is only 15.

Truth, I hate seeing a "woman" with a nice body and turn around and find out she's 16 D:. Worse is when THEY start hittin on you...like I swear cops are hiding in wait.

I know this is probably stereotypical but....
Any of y'all make beats?
I'm looking for a good MPK. 200-300 range.

I have a MPK mini that I use when I'm traveling with the ol laptop and don't feel like taking the MPC with me. It's serviceable, honestly thinking about getting a maschine.

FyreWulff

i'm not gonna act like i don't lowkey enjoy it though.

I'll be honest, same way. Just don't wake me up if I'm sleeping, dammit :lol

edit: when the school nurse would come through with the toothpick to check for lice on everyone's heads, I would almost fall asleep from how relaxing it felt. Do they still do that these days?

A.E Suggs

i wish all girls <16 were invisible or came w/ a marker indicating age. it'd be so much easier and i wouldn't feel like a creeper when i find out some girl i've been checking out is only 15.

My problem is I have middle school kids and highschool kids trying to flirt with ya. I've had this happen alot at certain metro stops when schools let out. Still I find my situation better than yours but it still feels kinda weird none the less.

Onemic

Truth, I hate seeing a "woman" with a nice body and turn around and find out she's 16 D:. Worse is when THEY start hittin on you...like I swear cops are hiding in wait.

I have a MPK mini that I use when I'm traveling with the ol laptop and don't feel like taking the MPC with me. It's serviceable, honestly thinking about getting a maschine.

Have an MPK mini too, but I haven't touched it in months. Learning how to make beats was too overwhelming for me.

My problem is I have middle school kids and highschool kids trying to flirt with ya. I've had this happen alot at certain metro stops when schools let out. Still I find my situation better than yours but it still feels kinda weird none the less.

Hella weird. I would just grow my facial hair to make myself look older, if it didn't look bummy.

DominoKid

I'll be honest, same way. Just don't wake me up if I'm sleeping, dammit :lol

edit: when the school nurse would come through with the toothpick to check for lice on everyone's heads, I would almost fall asleep from how relaxing it felt. Do they still do that these days?

they never even checked me at school. i never bought into the whole "black people dont get lice" thing. that just doesnt add up

How I tell someone is young: Wait till they open their mouth.

see i assume they're dumb before i assume youth.

oh that doesn't happen to me much. it did a few times at the beach*, but i just humored them and kept it moving.

*vast majority of the young locals are either high school kids or failures. the folks that are worth a damn leave and don't come back until they have money.

A.E Suggs

Hella weird. I would just grow my facial hair to make myself look older, if it didn't look bummy.

Well see that's gonna be a problem for me right there. All I can grow is a little chin hair and mini side burns. I've tried some hair products once upon a time, but something made me break out so I stopped.

My advice is still sound.

I wish I could trust ya, but you had a tag change and I don't know why it happened.

097_zps4580c4bc.gif

I think I'm probably one of the very few non-black guys that this happens to, but people always wanted to touch my hair when I was younger. I had a teacher that would always muss up my hair in math class and go "ITS LIKE BUNNY FUR".

I'll never understand why people think it's fine to just reach the fuck over and touch your hair. I've been woken up in study halls from people just walking over and start futzing with my hair.

Anyway, in time for my birthday later this month, I think I'm going to finally shave my head. My widow's peaks are reaching Vegeta level and I might as well try it. Might go for a buzz all around with the trimmers first then attempt a complete shave later. What's the general strategy here? Hope you hit it all, or have someone do it for you?

Got this when I had my fro. It's demeaning, isn't it? On the rare occasion people asked, I said no, except for this really fine chick in high school who moaned while groping my hair

And lol @ the bolded. I'm going to try to cut my own hair in the next few days too. Best of luck if you go that route.

I'm home from work, so I can see this vid now

Andressa Soares, nickname "Mulher Melancia," which means "Watermelon Woman," in Portuguese.

38-26-47

DominoKid

White people stop embarrassing me. Whatever I hope some POS would say something about my relationship like that. I'll tell them to build a time machine so they can take their asses back to the 50s and the fuck away from me.

mexicans are still white people. i learned something today.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wtf is the etiquette for tipping a belly dancer? With a stripper, you know you can throw money, slide it in, or do whatever with your coins...without looking out of the element. Didn't want to be one of the 3 black men there, ruining it for everyone by looking hella ratchet. lawl

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Lmao @ oldschool. Too late at night for me to contemplate the situation in which you are wondering the tipping ettiquete for a belly dancer.

DominoKid

Wtf is the etiquette for tipping a belly dancer? With a stripper, you know you can throw money, slide it in, or do whatever with your coins...without looking out of the element. Didn't want to be one of the 3 black men there, ruining it for everyone by looking hella ratchet. lawl

i6BZq5DVfUX7e.gif

"A pretty girl like her would pick something like that."

What in the FUCK.

people say some wild shit man. here's another one.

hypernima

Banned

I was looking at that but I was like for $400 the sounds better be legit.
I wish there was somewhere I could try it out.

RedSwirl

This is precisely why I maintain my beard. I look 10 years younger than I actually am without it, and even it still doesn't work sometimes. I just hope this works to my advantage when I'm in my mid 30's or something.

Look.. I know people love the shit out of their Jay Z.. but how the hell is Reasonable Doubt a "classic" when nobody was checking for that shit until AFTER Jay blew up? I say the same shit to Em stans who claim Infinite is "classic." If that shit wasn't immediately accepted and recognized and THEN stood the test of time, that shit ain't classic.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom