• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone here been asked "why are you so quiet today" or "you seem really calm"

its like i have a condition or something? lol

Aside from the whole quiet and private people seeming threatening to some, there's also the expectation for Black people to be loud and boisterous. The idea of a Black Milton from Office Space scares the shit out of people.

idk I feel like this is situational. Closed mouths don't get fed and all that.

"be civil" is always relevant though.

While this is true, I don't think people would be asking "why are you so quiet?" in a situation where you aren't speaking up to get beneficial tasks or avoid shitty ones. It's usually a question asked in a more socially relevant way.

Slayven

BCT participating in fry-up friday. Don't even have to pick a target, just spray shots into the crowd.

Just kind of suspect you would spend your time stalking bronies. I mean how can you be that bored? Or maybe Moris is looking to jump in and just need assurance. Come out as a bronie Moris, it gets better.

G-Fex

Ain't nobody following you, I wanted to know how many posters I've run into also enjoy ponies. If you enjoy ponies cool, whatever, I'm just interested in why some grown men would have a few hundred things to say about it.

That's what I wanna know.

Plus Beef was close to going to a furry convention...just saying some explaining may be in order.

I'd say the same thing about the guys who enjoy moe uguu anime but you don't see me stalking them then confronting them.

He was? That'd be great, i want to see beef in a digimon outfit. That'd be tops.

Just kind of suspect you would spend your time stalking bronies. I mean how can you be that bored? Or maybe Moris is looking to jump in and just need assurance. Come out as a bronie Moris, it gets better.

It's cool if you got an alt you use for your less desireable hobbies, just come out of the pony closet. At least Beef and GFex have the balls to contribute with their main names.

I'd say the same thing about the guys who enjoy moe uguu anime but you don't see me stalking them then confronting them.

He was? That'd be great, i want to see beef in a digimon outfit. That'd be tops.

Stalk and confront? Please.

G-Fex

It's cool if you got an alt you use for your less desireable hobbies, just come out of the pony closet. At least Beef and GFex have the balls to contribute with their main names.

Stalk and confront? Please.

Face it Moris, you've been planning your own personal brony sting operation for a while now.

Next up, Kpop?

People don't tend to react positively when you ask them to "explain themselves." That's all I'll add to the discussion.

Ask me to explain my post count in NBAgaf or Gafhop, I can do that.

If you're embarassed by a question of your hobbies I don't think that means there's a problem with the question.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think my one post in ponyGAF was subbing to the new community thread. I found it entertaining.

Shit sorry I need to edit my post to make it sound more defensive.

Slayven

Nah, just asking out of curiousity.

in fact I think they're too different, they don't like each other very much.

hell i don't either.
Moris just needs to bronie up.

Every kpop and pop thread member has their own cray computer, except for Satchel she has the Wonderdome. With numerous sits to be taken.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What exactyl do you find entertaining about it?
The personality of the posters and the things they discuss. Excitement about the show and characters and back stories and origins and fan service etc. It wasn't too far off from comic book level discussions except it happens to be about magical ponies in a magical pony world.

I don't lurk much anymore since taking an interest in other off-topic communities and given that gaming side as gotten a whole lot more entertaining in the last six months. But they were one of the most hyper and explosively popular cartoon enthusiast communities on GAF at the time. And it really pissed off certain people. That alone was worth checking it out for me.

G-Fex

Every kpop and pop thread member has their own cray computer, except for Satchel she has the Wonderdome. With numerous sits to be taken.

Wow, I bet satch can have two tabs open, one for pop-gaf and one for kpop. My computer stuttered just thinking about that.

It's the 15th, shouldn't you be camped by your mailbox waiting for that government check? Devo's bills ain't gonna pay themselves.

Ask me to explain my post count in NBAgaf or Gafhop, I can do that.

If you're embarassed by a question of your hobbies I don't think that means there's a problem with the question.

I'm not trying to take the topic to a more serious place or anything, after all BCT is loaded with jokes and people clowning on each other light heartedly. I'm just pointing out the question can put someone on the defensive.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers a certain someone having an avatar of Doom on a unicorn.

Just sayin', you're not exactly in any sort position to be calling people out. You can call the cops, but don't be surprised if you end up in handcuffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyone who's listened to the podcast knows that Moris and Beef are the same person

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Air-Jordan-1-Black-Royal-2013.jpg

I need these so bad. Fucking HOH only is bs. Deadstock claiming online orders open tomorrow at noon. IDK what I'm gonna do.

All my subbed threads didn't have any new posts. MLP was at the top of community and I wondered "hmmm, there's no way I recognize anyone who frequents suchs a place."

Like when people get curious if any sex offenders live nearby and check out that website that pinpoints all the people who diddled kids that currently live near you in a convenient map.

Low and behold Beef had 200 things to say regarding MLP. And then he's all '...well, why would you be searching for pedos who live in your neighborhood' as if looking up the map is worse than BEING on the map 200 times.
:lol

I post in the thread not because I like the show, but because I like most of the fanart that gets posted in there (the show discussion stays in the other thread in OT apparently). I gave MLP a chance back when it first debuted and didn't care for it (and still don't), but good art is still good art. Also, cosplay thanks to EatChildren. It also helps that some of the posters in there aren't insane.
Plus Beef was close to going to a furry convention...just saying some explaining may be in order.
I actually got some more info on that girl from a friend who used to be roommates with her. Apparently she's waaaaaaaay into cosplay. Goes to every convention she can, etc. Dude basically told me that if I wasn't into cosplaying and conventions as much as she was (which I'm not), then I didn't have much of a chance to begin with.
ibjUHCSiiBXA9b.gif

Anyone who's listened to the podcast knows that Moris and Beef are the same person

I post in the thread not because I like the show, but because I like most of the fanart that gets posted in there (the show discussion stays in the other thread in OT apparently). I gave MLP a chance back when it first debuted and didn't care for it (and still don't), but good art is still good art. Also, cosplay thanks to EatChildren. It also helps that some of the posters in there aren't insane.

I actually got some more info on that girl from a friend who used to be roommates with her. Apparently she's waaaaaaaay into cosplay. Goes to every convention she can, etc. Dude basically told me that if I wasn't into cosplaying and conventions as much as she was (which I'm not), then I didn't have much of a chance to begin with.

ibjUHCSiiBXA9b.gif

Perfectly reasonable. Of course King crab seized an opportunity to try and stir things up.

I'm glad you didn't try and cosplay your way into some girl's heart, your knees would have buckled under the weight of that L.

This is extremely relevant. Makes me think of the "cornball brother" situation. Would this be "kawaii brother"? Is it within our jurisdiction to shame in this instance?

FyreWulff

Someone's game failed last night. Went down to Tim Horton's to get some donuts and sandwiches in the middle of the night and this woman was yelling "YOU'RE SHIT. FUCK YOU. YOU'RE COMPLETE SHIT" so loud that I could hear it a block and a half away into her phone. Thought someone was being attacked at first.

Like half the stores up and down Broadway had people coming out the front doors to see what the noise was.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Someone's game failed last night. Went down to Tim Horton's to get some donuts and sandwiches in the middle of the night and this woman was yelling "YOU'RE SHIT. FUCK YOU. YOU'RE COMPLETE SHIT" so loud that I could hear it a block and a half away into her phone. Thought someone was being attacked at first.

Like half the stores up and down Broadway had people coming out the front doors to see what the noise was.
Dark FaZe post if you're OK

Slayven

You Canadian?

FyreWulff

You black? Had a friend that grew up black in Nebraska, one of the army bases. He talked about how people would look at his family like they never seen a live black person before.

Nope, part native and white.

Sounds like Bellevue alright (where Offutt AFB is). They're white and racist as fuck in that suburb.

South Omaha is predominantly Mexican with some whites/blacks/natives. North Omaha is mostly black. West Omaha is where all the rich white conservatives are. If you don't leave the military base area then your chance of seeing a non-white person is unsettlingly low :/

At one point we had the honor of being the third deadliest city for a young black male in the United States :/

Slayven

Nope, part native and white.

Sounds like Bellevue alright (where Offutt AFB is). They're white and racist as fuck in that suburb.

South Omaha is predominantly Mexican with some whites/blacks/natives. North Omaha is mostly black. West Omaha is where all the rich white conservatives are. If you don't leave the military base area then your chance of seeing a non-white person is unsettlingly low :/

At one point we had the honor of being the third deadliest city for a young black male in the United States :/
Damn, that is a feat. Man Native women are so underrated.

My dream is to travel the world and only visit places where I am the only black person in a 100 miles.

FyreWulff

Other Native people that want to talk are rare in the first place. Even rarer online. I know of like, 2 or 3 native people on the same message board/chat rooms in all the time I've been on the internet that are native.

b2cLk1q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom