• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

I still can't believe that shit. I refuse to believe. Now I'll just be think of Uncle Phil whenever I think of Shredder. Childhood ruined.

Another VA that blew my mind: Goliath in Gargoyles was voiced by Keith David

220px-KeithDavidJune10.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still can't believe that shit. I refuse to believe. Now I'll just be think of Uncle Phil whenever I think of Shredder. Childhood ruined.

Another VA that blew my mind: Goliath in Gargoyles was voiced by Keith David
How do you not know? Do you know that Luke Skywalker is the Joker?

Because black guys can't be the lead, so they have to be the supporting characters. Supporting characters on those shows have to be weird.

Therefore, kid shows tell all kids that black guys are weird.

But they have them behaving really fucking bizarre.

Black kid barely has any lines, but when he opens his mouth, his delivery is quirky and his eyes are always popping out of his head.

Gattsu25

Banned
has anyone here been asked "why are you so quiet today" or "you seem really calm"

its like i have a condition or something? lol
People always comment that I am so calm or relaxed while they are stressed at work.

Never thought about it beyond the comment as I have noticed that I react differently to most people when I am stressed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Silence is power in public situations like work and school when you aren't required to speak. It gives you full capacity to listen/observe with the bonus of unnerving phony people.
Rita Moreno
soultrain0hkdu.gif

now im listening to Bobby Womack. What hole have I fallen down?
A fucking sweet one.

some shit just stays the same
Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found. That racial gap has widened since the Supreme Court restored judicial discretion in sentencing in 2005, according to the Sentencing Commission's findings, which were submitted to Congress last month and released publicly this week.

In its report, the commission recommended that federal judges give sentencing guidelines more weight, and that appeals courts more closely scrutinize sentences that fall beyond them.
Between December 2007 and September 2011, the most recent period covered in the report, sentences of black males were 19.5% longer than those for whites. The analysis also found that black males were 25% less likely than whites in the same period to receive a sentence below the guidelines' range.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsForth
gee, I wonder what could account for this large gap...

Slayven

Silence is power in public situations like work and school when you aren't required to speak. It gives you full capacity to listen/observe with the bonus of unnerving phony people.A fucking sweet one.

Best work advice ever, keep your mouth close and ears open. You learn who not to fuck with and they can't do that "he/she said" shit because you don't say shit. But at least be civil.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Best work advice ever, keep your mouth close and ears open. You learn who not to fuck with and they can't do that "he/she said" shit because you don't say shit. But at least be civil.

idk I feel like this is situational. Closed mouths don't get fed and all that.

"be civil" is always relevant though.

Slayven

idk I feel like this is situational. Closed mouths don't get fed and all that.

"be civil" is always relevant though.

Yeah you right, it can also gets your turned into a work bitch. My last job I ended up doing the work of a manager, but when ever they had a manager opening and I went for it I got denied. Just because I wouldn't speak up, but I was young and thought folks would would recognize my hard work and effort.

I'll be happy to explain myself once you answer why you were lurking the thread and thread count to begin with.

All my subbed threads didn't have any new posts. MLP was at the top of community and I wondered "hmmm, there's no way I recognize anyone who frequents suchs a place."

Like when people get curious if any sex offenders live nearby and check out that website that pinpoints all the people who diddled kids that currently live near you in a convenient map.

Low and behold Beef had 200 things to say regarding MLP. And then he's all '...well, why would you be searching for pedos who live in your neighborhood' as if looking up the map is worse than BEING on the map 200 times.

G-Fex

All my subbed threads didn't have any new posts. MLP was at the top of community and I wondered "hmmm, there's no way I recognize anyone who frequents suchs a place."

Like when people get curious if any sex offenders live nearby and check out that website that pinpoints all the people who diddled kids that currently live near you in a convenient map.

Low and behold Beef had 200 things to say regarding MLP. And then he's all '...well, why would you be searching for pedos who live in your neighborhood' as if look up the map is worse than BEING on the map.

just say it was morbid curiousity man and get it out in the open. I know you probably skimmed a few DOZEN pages.

just say it was morbid curiousity man and get it out in the open. I know you probably skimmed a few DOZEN pages.

lol, just checked out the top posters. I believe I saw some other bct members on that list who are here a lot. Not suprised that they're also the ones nervously defending Profess. Beef.

edit: Slay you got an alt you need to tell us about, hmm?

G-Fex

Stalking bronies on Valentine's day. Moris is getting sad man since work wife left.

lulz

lol, just checked out the top posters. I believe I saw some other bct members on that list who are here a lot. Not suprised that they're also the ones nervously defending Profess. Beef.

See more excuses. Just out with it man.

I remember Dream used to follow me to threads too, furry thread and so forth, i asked him what he was doing there and he shyed away from a answer.

edit: Slay you got an alt you need to tell us about, hmm?

Don't start dropping names. I don't want to loose any more respect for some of the questionable guys in here.

See more excuses. Just out with it man.

I remember Dream used to follow me to threads too, furry thread and so forth, i asked him what he was doing there and he shyed away from a answer.

Ain't nobody following you, I wanted to know how many posters I've run into also enjoy ponies. If you enjoy ponies cool, whatever, I'm just interested in why some grown men would have a few hundred things to say about it.

That's what I wanna know.

Plus Beef was close to going to a furry convention...just saying some explaining may be in order.

Slayven

Ain't nobody following you, I wanted to know how many posters I've run into also enjoy ponies. If you enjoy ponies cool, whatever, I'm just interested in why some grown men would have a few hundred things to say about it.

That's what I wanna know.

Plus Beef was close to going to a furry convention...just saying some explaining may be in order.

Why you beefing with beef?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
BCT participating in fry-up friday. Don't even have to pick a target, just spray shots into the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom