• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

The moment I'm done with this cut I will strike such a Zyzz-ish pose the heavens shall tremble.

Cracker is one of the worst (if not the) race-related insults.

Called a guy a "SquiddyCracker" once. He was just confused and walked away.

Yep, yep, can't even twist it into something abhorrent by addi- ...hey!

For real though, I wonder what the origin of cracker (as an insult) is. Wikipedia doesn't make it entirely clear (aside from it possibly stemming from poor whites eating a lot of... cracked corn).

Yep, yep, can't even twist it into something abhorrent by addi- ...hey!

For real though, I wonder what the origin of cracker (as an insult) is. Wikipedia doesn't make it entirely clear (aside from it possibly stemming from poor whites eating a lot of... cracked corn).

I think it comes from the sound of the whip cracking.

Saying cracker? lol, no. In fact I don't really know many racial insults for other races. The only thing I can think of is when I jokingly called my white friend I was deployed with a
mayonnaise eating motherfucker.

ReiGun

I can't even seen how you could get offended at being called cracker. It's too funny a word.

Then, of all the epithets for black folk, "nigger" is the only one I cringe at. Coon, on the other hand? Kinda hilarious.

Saying cracker? lol, no. In fact I don't really know many racial insults for other races. The only thing I can think of is when I jokingly called my white friend I was deployed with a
mayonnaise eating motherfucker.

My friend from Georgia would call me this. I never knew why for the longest time.

ReiGun

I honestly don't know how I would react if I was called a "jungle bunny" or a "jiggaboo." I think I would just be confused.

I can't even seen how you could get offended at being called cracker. It's too funny a word.

Then, of all the epithets for black folk, "nigger" is the only one I cringe at. Coon, on the other hand? Kinda hilarious.

yeah, if someone called me a jigaboo, i'd probably just laugh

I guess I'm "lucky" there's really only two legit insults a middle-eastern person can face.
Sand N-word, and turbhead (and that last one is kinda debatable).
Camel fucker is just hilarious.

ReiGun

Mayo is okay. I can't put it on my subs or sandwiches outside of cheeseburgers, but I'll fuck some potato salad up.

My ears hear it as a fancy way of saying nigger so im outraged just off reflex.

That's fair. For me, the words are just too old and sound too stupid to be taken seriously.

Gorillaz

Stan Lee for the past 2 decades have been telling people that black panther is "in development". He doesn't know that much. Tho this is probably the one time he's right since all signs point to BP being in phase 3

ReiGun

Like Justice League, I won't believe BP is happening until I get an official announcement at Comic Con. Both are likely - the former is basically a lock - but I refuse to believe it till the words come out of someone's mouth.

Idris is a great guy and all, but he can't play that Thor dude, Doctor Who, and Black Panther at the same time.

Two of those characters are even in the same universe!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Idris is a great guy and all, but he can't play that Thor dude, Doctor Who, and Black Panther at the same time.

Two of those characters are even in the same universe!

I want Chiwetel Ejiofor for the role. He's a great Actor, young enough to play the role multiple times, and he's shown that he can act like a bad ass between firefly and redbelt

DominoKid

i'd go see Terrance Howard as BP just because it'd be fucking hilarious.

i hope the go young w/ the casting. 25-30. preferably unknown. but if they could bulk up Michael B. Jordan a bit then i'd definitely rock w/ that.

Top Bottom