• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Jai White would make the scenes interesting since he can do them himself.

Sadly he is a terrible actor, but he'd be great as Luke Cage. Or Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage. Or Terry Crews. One of those 3 should be Luke Cage if he ever gets a role in a Marvel movie.

Watching She Hate Me on HBO, did Spike Lee really direct this joint, I can't tell if its a comedy or a drama because what the fuck ...
There's a visualization of the sperms (with faces of Anthony Mackie) racing to the eggs of several ladies
That said, Spike giving work to all these minority actresses

Sadly he is a terrible actor, but he'd be great as Luke Cage. Or Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage. Or Terry Crews. One of those 3 should be Luke Cage if he ever gets a role in a Marvel movie.

I don't think you need to be the greatest actor for a comic book movie, if I had to choose I'd pick presence over acting skills. Some people are great actors but suck at wearing the suit you know?

I don't think you need to be the greatest actor for a comic book movie, if I had to choose I'd pick presence over acting skills. Some people are great actors but suck at wearing the suit you know?

But like, BP is from an African country and I know MJW couldn't pull that accent off. And the character is so serious.......I just can't see it. After Black Dynamite, though, perfect Luke Cage.

Remember when Morris Chestnut was rumored to be up for the role? Ugh. Might as well get Eddie Murphy in there with the Zamunda accent.

Seems like a million years ago when he was "Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube, from the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes."

But like, BP is from an African country and I know MJW couldn't pull that accent off. And the character is so serious.......I just can't see it. After Black Dynamite, though, perfect Luke Cage.

Like they care about an African accent.

Halle Berry as Storm dude.

Lebron

Halle Berry as Storm and Storm getting worked by Toad

Stay losing, Singer

Also, Tyrese gonna be BP. Believe

Gorillaz

^Yea I saw a bunch of charlamanges interviews on Djvlad awhile ago...most of them are him just being a clown

Tho his kanye west/Yeezus vid talking about kanye's "anti mainstream" mentality was probably the one time he acted serious.....dude called it a pure Def Jam marketing campaign

^Yea I saw a bunch of charlamanges interviews on Djvlad awhile ago...most of them are him just being a clown

Tho his kanye west/Yeezus vid was probably the one time he acted serious calling it a pure Def Jam marketing campaign

Oh yeah, I saw that one, lol. I feel like he's kind right on that one - he's pretty obviously hungry for fame.

EDIT: On the subject of Kanye, I can't say I enjoyed more than a couple songs off Yeezus.

Just saw a video of a guy being handcuffed and his big ass dog goes up to the cops and gets shot.....my week is ruined.

You can google 'hawthorne california cop shoots dog' if you want to go to hell.

Just saw a video of a guy being handcuffed and his big ass dog goes up to the cops and gets shot.....my week is ruined.

Thread already OT side with plenty of defense of the cops. You know because arresting a dude isn't going to piss of his best friend. Dogs are supposed to know the law and who cops are.

Thread already OT side with plenty of defense of the cops. You know because arresting a dude isn't going to piss of his best friend. Dogs are supposed to know the law and who cops are.

People are fucking nailing this guy to the cross in that thread because he was filming the fucking cops. People are perfectly ok with living in a police state as long as it only applies to minorities.

My dad grew up nearby that area through the 70s and 80s. Getting cuffed for little to nothing and getting talked down to for a few minutes isn't unusual still according to family who still live around there.

The guy was totally used to the process as evident to how he put his dog away and surrendered to get his quick lesson. He rained on the cops parade like how Eminem makes fun of himself in the rap battle in 8 Mile and left the other guy speechless. There was really no reason for that guy to be in cuffs in the first place.

Gorillaz

I'm not up on police procedures but....your telling me that whole thing escalated into being gunned down instead of just a pepper spray or anything less extreme on the dog?

I'm not up on police procedures but....your telling me that whole thing escalated into being gunned down instead of just a pepper spray or anything less extreme on the dog?

I don't even think the dog was being that aggressive. It's a big, scary looking dog though. Just looked confused to me, like what the fuck is going on?

Cops weren't thinking.

The man shouldn't have been in cuffs and they could have asked him to restrain his dog if he wasn't.

I'm no expert about police procedures but pulling your gun while a dog dashes towards you seems fair in that situation but once the dog settled down and sniffed around there was more than enough time to uncuff the owner or switch to non-lethal weapons.

Reaching for the dog/the dog's leash with your weapon drawn seems really stupid. It's asking for trouble cause there's basically two ways that situation ends.

DominoKid

Do yall think sarcasm is rooted in true feelings?

Because if it's that's the case then my mom really thinks that
1) I don't love her because I'm so determined to leave and get really far away.
2) I'm sorry and that my own grandfather (her father, dead before I was born) probably wouldn't have liked me.
3) Her mother loved her sister more than her because she made more money than her and married a more financially successful man. I actually know this isn't true because I actually asked my grandma about it once.

But that's some shit you can't really play off with a "haha" and a smile. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't help the fact that I've been pretty down the last few weeks for a number of reasons. It just makes it worse.

I don't know, I think a lot of parents have some apprehension about their child moving far away. I know my mother did when I went to undergrad. I'm sure she knows you love her and deep down she knows you'll be fine but she'd probably love some indirect reassurance that you'll still need her as a Mom. Once she has that, it'll be all good imo.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just saw him in the call.... yep fell off

but RICKY !!!!

shit, if they would have done this at the time of of coming to america, eddie could have gotten the role.

there are some old dudes being listed for tchalla in this thread though

Em has said it back when Benzino ran the Source he dug up an old tape with Em rapping dropping nbombs. I think he was dissinga black chick who cheated on him but i cant remeber its been a while

Huh. Interesting.

So much for my theory. Maybe that stuff just gets hidden.

2) I'm sorry and that my own grandfather (her father, dead before I was born) probably wouldn't have liked me.
3) Her mother loved her sister more than her because she made more money than her and married a more financially successful man. I actually know this isn't true because I actually asked my grandma about it once.

But that's some shit you can't really play off with a "haha" and a smile. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it doesn't help the fact that I've been pretty down the last few weeks for a number of reasons. It just makes it worse.

She'll get over it bro. Happened to me all of 10 years ago, and I only moved from Columbia SC to Charlotte NC at the time. A whopping hour and 15 minutes was like I was moving to Alaska as far as my moms was concerned. Granted I'm the oldest son/grandson on my mother side of the family so it was always assumed that I'd stay there forever.

Sounds to me like your mom's puts a lot of pressure on herself and wants/expects you to be her successor and or support system. That was my case with my mother. I was my mothers sounding board from high school up until I got married. Me leaving the state in her mind was me leaving her. I stayed in contact weekly and after a few months she learned to cope. I still call my parents once a week to this day. I'm now in Raleigh.

Nakazato

Lesson for me I live a town over. Officers over here dont play (for gata) they are like jso only worst. Saw a cop put a gun to a guys head when he was on his knees a week back. I wanted to go to my car but was scared they would shoot me.

Huh. Interesting.

So much for my theory. Maybe that stuff just gets hidden.

Couple things.
That story was huge when I was in the army. Cats were trying to hate but in all honesty no cred was really lost.

@Devo yeah I could see him pre Black Dynamite doing Luke. I just don't want that rumored Singleton script and casting to come to light. Chiwetel Elijifor is still my favorite choice for T'Challa. But I would rather they went with an unknown for both roles.

As long as Jessica Jones is white and Luke is not made to look like a buffoon I will be excited.

And on something further back I missed. I personally would have loved Angela Bassett to play Storm. She's a great actress and has that presence to play the part well.

harSon

Banned
Wentworth Miller as The Black Panther

If they consider Taylor Lautner and Johnny Depp playing Native Americans justifiable due to the fact that someone a half dozen or more generations into their family tree might have been Native American, then I wouldn't be surprised by the casting.

And a side note, Wentworth Miller should step away from acting and focus on his screenwriting. He's pretty good at it. I quite liked Stoker.

Something just hit me as I drove home.

I remember the Shield trailer and there was an SPB played by J. August Richards, Joss Whedons black friend. His powers are eerily similar. So I pose this....

What if Luke has already been cast? What if his intro in the MCU is through the TV show?
This is all purely speculation but would be ambitious as fuck but just What If?(I know Slay got what I did there)

Also I got another contender for T'Challa. Remember that cat from Leverage? He can act, buff him up some known for playing intelligent roles..... I mean hmmm.

Top Bottom