• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

The concept of a white student union is so dumb it just amazes me lol.

Mm. I remember that my friend sent me a video of one at Towson.

I can't find it right now, as it was a while back, but man, their president. Wants to help police patrol campus, he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...time-patrols-towson-university_n_2956083.html

Black predators abound.

So glad I quit entering those threads on NeoGAF.
Sad that the biggest WSU is up the street from me in Towson, it's so ridiculous how they run things and its just allowed.

I'm so glad I didn't go to Towson. Towson ain't shit anyways.

ReiGun

Towson sent me a rejection letter like, a month before I started freshman year at Uni. Talking bout "We're sorry, but we're out of space." Yeah I bet you are, considering I sent my application in like 5 months ago, motherfucker.

Towson sent me a rejection letter like, a month before I started freshman year at Uni. Talking bout "We're sorry, but we're out of space." Yeah I bet you are, considering I sent my application in like 5 months ago, motherfucker.

Wow, lol. Towson is generally where you go if you want to teach or something. Where did you go, anyways?

ReiGun

Wow, lol. Towson is generally where you go if you want to teach or something. Where did you go, anyways?

University of Baltimore. Tuition was cheap, they paid for the first year, and they had exactly what I was hoping to do at the time (video game design).

Not a terrible school, but they were/are in a weird transition period - my class was the first freshman class they've had in like 30 years; before, they were just a grad school - and it shows.

University of Baltimore. Tuition was cheap, they paid for the first year, and they had exactly what I was hoping to do at the time (video game design).

Not a terrible school, but they were/are in a weird transition period - my class was the first freshman class they've had in like 30 years; before, they were just a grad school - and it shows.

Ah. You know, I'd totally minor in video game design or take a couple of classes if my school had it. But, nope.

ReiGun

Ah. You know, I'd totally minor in video game design or take a couple of classes if my school had it. But, nope.

It was a fun major. It was a little too general though as far as actually making games go. The thing we learned the most was programming and 3-D modeling, and that was really only one or two classes a piece. Beyond that, most classes focused on game design theory and discussion games' place in culture/society.

I had a mini-breakdown last year when I realized game design wasn't really where I wanted to do, tho, which only got worse when I realized I wanted to be a writer of all things. lol Now I'm considering going back to school to get a master's in Creative Writing and Publishing (which is a gamble since my gpa wasn't hot) while I look at the possibly of interning in journalism (and getting a job too, of course).

As an aside, my mom thinks I'd be a great substitute teacher, and all my friends think I should get into some kind of event planning. I don't know, tho. lol

You seen that vice documentary on him?

I didn't, actually.

It was a fun major. It was a little too general though as far as actually making games go. The thing we learned the most was programming and 3-D modeling, and that was really only one or two classes a piece. Beyond that, most classes focused on game design theory and discussion games' place in culture/society.

I had a mini-breakdown last year when I realized game design wasn't really where I wanted to do, tho, which only got worse when I realized I wanted to be a writer of all things. lol Now I'm considering going back to school to get a master's in Creative Writing and Publishing (which is a gamble since my gpa wasn't hot) while I look at the possibly of interning in journalism. My mom thinks I'd be a great substitute teacher, and all my friends think I should get into some kind of event planning, but I don't know.

Ahh. Maybe it'll get more specific as the major becomes more widespread.

And I feel you on the breakdown. I've said many times - I can't tell if lawyering is what I want to do anymore, being that many lawyers don't like it. So I dunno what I'll do now, being that my major is pretty damn useless (philosophy). But I still have a couple years of college left, so.

Went to a couple antique places today. Saw some little Sambo/Mammy stuff. Me and TD's sis just could not stop laughing every time we found some.

It's not useless depending on the school and emphasis. Cinematography, Screenwriting, and directing are the three emphasis I would stay away from. Sound editing and editing is where it's at.

Yep. Any technical stuff in video/film production will better ensure for a job. I'm in it more for screenwriting, but yeah, I'm already doing post-production stuff as back-up lol.

I don't even understand this

http://i.imgur.com/KN2gu3Y.jpg

I've had her in 3 classes. She usually dresses real conservative but man... WHERE WAS THIS. shit, that's not even the only picture showing it off. I mean it's not like she didn't have it in class last semester. This picture is from a night I saw her in Hollywood.

I would like this but then you would know what I look like.

Man I show my face in my avatar so come on man. Nah but for real if I was on Facebook I would give this a like. Unfortunately I dont fuck with Facebook.....

That shit is a MOAB with M.A.D. carved in the side thats constantly GPS locked to my location at all times. Cant fucks with it.

rugioh

Banned
College Park!

(Though I guess that's an hour difference)

Oh word? I graduated from there in 2011. Now I'm out in the real world wheelin and dealin. I can't wait to come back for homecoming, last year was so ratchet and everyone from my scholars dorm came back for it. The entire football field was a blur.

Oh word? I graduated from there in 2011. Now I'm out in the real world wheelin and dealin. I can't wait to come back for homecoming, last year was so ratchet and everyone from my scholars dorm came back for it. The entire football field was a blur.

Haha, nice. Funny - 2011 was when I graduated HS. Also funny - I was invited to the scholars program, but missed the date to confirm. So I'm just a regular student.

I want to do an SDCC panel called "Magical Negros in K'un L'un: Looking at minorities in speculative fiction".

ftfy

I don't even understand this

http://i.imgur.com/KN2gu3Y.jpg

I've had her in 3 classes. She usually dresses real conservative but man... WHERE WAS THIS. shit, that's not even the only picture showing it off. I mean it's not like she didn't have it in class last semester. This picture is from a night I saw her in Hollywood.

fuck that, what about that japanese chick you were talkin' bout

Nakazato

I know this feel
dem feels of being useless bro

What is it?
I'm assuming it's Film Production
Yep

It's not impossible. Prestige issue or major/minor issue?
Both went a top film school in the country and film degrees are looked down upon. Likely will go back at 28-29 for IT or Nursing

A president of a college in Michigan had referred minorities as "Dark Ones"

Top Bottom