• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Bojangles is how we do it in Georgia.

The only thing to come out of South Carolina

1045078_10151647510443643_877063986_n.jpg

FyreWulff

I will say I don't actively support IE6 at all, I refuse to waste my time making websites I code work for that shit of a browser. If you're still using IE6 in 2013, kill yourself...twice.

I haven't supported IE6 in contracts since at least 2009. I remember the last client that tried to ask for it and being surprised they were convinced the browser was safe to drop.

Around that time Microsoft finally started actively killing it, and if anyone wants IE6 support they can go DIAF. They pushed out IE8 as an automatic update for XP now. Nobody has an excuse to still be using 6.

So the Xbox One works without Kinect, you can even turn it off in the settings

damn microsoft. you coulda just said the shit

edit:
ScreenShot062_zps0ae847d5.png~original

Eh, I'd just let the launch buyers be the pioneers and let them find all the catches.

Before Halo would have been the biggest push for getting a new Xbox. Halo 4's population tanking out and Spartan Assault going over like a lead balloon means MS is going to have to start convincing people Halo is worth buying again.

You think MS would do that, FyreWulf?

Just go on the internet and tell lies?

also 343 will bring Halo back, Frankie said and would never lie

right

Gorillaz

You think MS would do that, FyreWulf?

Just go on the internet and tell lies?

also 343 will bring Halo back, Frankie said and would never lie

right

I remember when I first saw the full fledge loadouts and killstreaks on H4. It crushed me. Halo was the last title that really held me to the 360. I remember the denial I had leading up to it

"Well cod has infected every other series surely halo will survive without its influence"

Kreed

I will say I don't actively support IE6 at all, I refuse to waste my time making websites I code work for that shit of a browser. If you're still using IE6 in 2013, kill yourself...twice.

Anything below IE8 and I just display a message above the page saying you need to update your browser and give a link to Chrome Frame and "modern browsers".

Unfortunately there are still way too many people working at jobs with computers that run on Windows XP with no updates and until MS sends out a "blue screen of death signal" all these machines IE6 will continue to be a problem.

The only thing to come out of South Carolina

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/1045078_10151647510443643_877063986_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't even eat fast food anymore, but any time I visit family in SC I make one traditional trip to the nearby Rush's (and Zaxby's).

Anything below IE8 and I just display a message above the page saying you need to update your browser and give a link to Chrome Frame and "modern browsers".

Unfortunately there are still way too many people working at jobs with computers that run on Windows XP with no updates and until MS sends out a "blue screen of death signal" all these machines IE6 will continue to be a problem.

Word

I don't even eat fast food anymore, but any time I visit family in SC I make one traditional trip to the nearby Rush's (and Zaxby's).

Zaxbys is expensive as hell relative to how much food you get. I can't fuck with that too much. It's principles.

I lived in SC for a couple months and never knew this place existed. I've never felt so letdown in myself.

Don't feel bad, I discovered them earlier this year and I lived in SC for my entire senior year of HS before I dipped out of that hell hole.

harSon

Banned
What were the last 3 legit 360 console exclusives? That Gears spinoff, Halo and ?

They were hedging their bets on the next generation. They've built a plethora of studios over the last few years (Black Tusk, Microsoft Studios Victoria, Microsoft Studios Osaka, Team Dakota, Lift London, etc.), and what internal studios they do have, haven't really released a game in a while. Lionhead's last game was Fable 3 back in 2010. Rare's last game was Kinect Sports Season 2, and another developer was responsible for half of the development of that.

Considering the fact that Rare is not developing Killer Instinct, Rare still has 1-2 projects in development considering they're a 2-3 team studio (Kinect Rivals being the only game they've announced and are developing). Lionhead has yet to announce a game for the XB1 and they're a 2-3 team studio. One of their teams is obviously working on Fable Anniversary though, but outside of their lesser Fable games which were done by the Kinect studios, they haven't released a game since 2010. We've yet to hear anything from Microsoft's new AAA studios, Microsoft Studios Victoria and Microsoft Studios Osaka. Crackdown is likely considering everything else on that Dashboard screenshot from the Xbox One unveiling has turned out to be an actual project, and with Spencer sporting the shirt on Jimmy Fallon, it's basically an ill kept secret at this point. Who it's being developed by is a complete mystery though, but hopefully it's a competent studio and not a shameless cash grab.

And from their smaller/Kinect/XBLA studios, we still don't know what Big Park, Good Science, Twisted Pixel (They have a 2nd team), Soho, Platform Next Studios, LIFT London, and Press Play (do they have a 2nd team?) are doing for Next Gen. Some of these, like LIFT London, are relatively new, so their games may or may not be ready for public consumption.

Undead Labs' (State of Decay) next game is probably a ways away from completion, but I personally can't wait for it. Certain Affinity (Halo Anniversary) and Playground Games (Forza Horizon? We know they're working on something Forza related for the One, so Horizon is likely) are some other 2nd party possibilities. And there's definitely more Gears of Wars to be had, since apparently Gears of War Judgement is supposed to be a trilogy:

http://i.minus.com/jb0YNMw88axrUK.png

Here's what I don't understand

Zaxby's

chicken_finger_plate.jpg

Raising Cains

raising_2.jpeg

ARE THEY THE SAME RESTAURANT

dat raising cains bread is godlike, but dem prices for a 3-piece is lol, and they stole dem fries from Church's, god rest AlligatorJandro's bullet-ridden soul

R3TRODYCE

Zaxby's

chicken_finger_plate.jpg

Raising Cains

raising_2.jpeg

dat raising cains bread is godlike, but dem prices for a 3-piece is lol, and they stole dem fries from Church's, god rest AlligatorJandro's bullet-ridden soul
The biscuits at Church's make me want to commit felonies, so damn good!

Zaxby's

chicken_finger_plate.jpg

Raising Cains

raising_2.jpeg

As someone who has had both, RC > Zaxby's. Dat bread!

RedSwirl

What were the last 3 legit 360 console exclusives? That Gears spinoff, Halo and ?

MS hasn't really needed exclusives since most people in the US and UK buy multiplatform games on 360. LIVE is the 360's major exclusive. It's not even really the games or the hardware that's got people locked in, but the service.

I bet MS's betting that will carry over to next-gen.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
MS hasn't really needed exclusives since most people in the US and UK buy multiplatform games on 360. LIVE is the 360's major exclusive. It's not even really the games or the hardware that's got people locked in, but the service.

I bet MS's betting that will carry over to next-gen.

For as long as they can continue to differentiate the service from Sony's online, then that momentum, and brand loyalty, will mostly carry over.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
As someone who's spent 6+ years in New Orelans and lives in ATL, Canes > Zaxby's

Zaxby's gets points for the large chicken finger plate, because Cane's is quite stingy with everything. Learn to give dudes

FyreWulff

Man, the TVs with the two dials

It was like piloting a TV

nowadays people rarely press the actual numbers themselves, they just look it up via a guide

Top Bottom