• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Kreed

You fools wish y'all could have it like this.

9FKDOWp.jpg

How many different cables do you have to use to hook up your Master System and/or Colecovision?

I'm with Miley. People are really trying to claim twerking as "our culture"? Get the fuck out of here and go buy some more Justin Timberlake albums because he's from Memphis...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
last week when i went to detroit for a family reunion, it was the 1st time i was self aware of my accent, ive always been bad telling peoples accents unless it was really obvious, but i dont fully remember it but i said something like "ya'll haveta move the suitcases around" or something like that, the ya'll is what really got me.

I'm with Miley. People are really trying to claim twerking as "our culture"? Get the fuck out of here and go buy some more Justin Timberlake albums because he's from Memphis...

Depends. Some of the context of "it's cool when a white artist does it" is not exactly an exaggeration.

Mr. Patch

But I think most people would be pretty salty when somebody is getting fame off of something "new" when they've been doing it for years.

I really think it's a case of "Can't we have ANYTHING?"

shirt better free boosie

#Facts

Oh I forgot my introduction ha

Where you're from-Brooklyn
Where you live- MA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Jamaican
Do you know your roots - Same as above
Your Age - 21
Favorite musical genre - Everything except some country and gospel and death metal or that satanic bull
Your profession/major/career interest- Music and Computer Engineering
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Music, Gaming, Tech News and having fun.

Spinluck

Yesterday, my friends were arguing over who was better between Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

I had to listen to that shit all day, all I wanted was a quiet day off work.

My only issue is, when white girls twerk it's cute and awesome. When black girls twerk it's ratchet as fuck, ghetto, disgusting.

Yesterday, my friends were arguing over who was better between Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

I had to listen to that shit all day, all I wanted was a quiet day off work.

I can't even see how that was an argument it's like asking who's the better rapper. Chief Keef or Jay-Z.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My only issue is, when white girls twerk it's cute and awesome. When black girls twerk it's ratchet as fuck, ghetto, disgusting.

That is an issue, but that has less to do with Miley and more to do with ignorant perception in these times. I hate it too. These idiots reminding her of skin tone aren't helping or engaging in any type of useful dialogue.

That is an issue, but that has less to do with Miley and more to do with ignorant perception in these times. I hate it too. These idiots reminding her of skin tone aren't helping or engaging in any type of useful dialogue.

Oh I agree, I should have noted I have nothing against Miley and her new found love of twerking. My statement really wasn't about her at all but was rather a tangent about twerking and how it's perceived between races in general.

My issue with Miley is...she has no ass to twerk.

LosDaddie

Banned
Here's what I don't understand

Zaxby's

chicken_finger_plate.jpg

Raising Cains

raising_2.jpeg

ARE THEY THE SAME RESTAURANT

dat raising cains bread is godlike, but dem prices for a 3-piece is lol, and they stole dem fries from Church's, god rest AlligatorJandro's bullet-ridden soul

It's the sauce.

There's a very popular place in Tallahassee called Guthries that serves the same meal, and only that meal. If you go to FSU / FAMU, then you eat there at least a few times over the years. Line of cars wrapped around the building at 2am (when bars close) until 3:30am on weekends. Like I said, very popular. A real gut-buster.

When I bring my family Tally for a football game, I usually take them to Guthries on the way to the stadium. But I recently discovered a local place here called Huey Magoos that has the same stuff. Made my day when I found it. :)

Except for GAF. I can't believe some people are accepting Microsoft because they made like seven 180 turn arounds. I will never go back to them. Look at their history. And some people are willing to bend over backwards for them again. Seriously GAF will go crazy once it drops in price to $400

You must read a very different NeoGAF than I do. This place is anything but pro-MS/Xbox.

Top Bottom