• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

I want to know who, aside from Kendrick, is out here "really spitting." This era of new rappers is about making songs not about bars. Hell even Gaf Hop makes no bones about wanting good music rather than bar after bar after bar. I'm not knocking it but to say that these dudes are spitters is a stretch.

Bet you still got a pair of Hammer pants, too

"I'm bringing this look back!"

vanilla%2Bice

BHZ Mayor

soundscream sounding like one of those "[irrelevant mixtape rapper] will save hip-hop" type of dudes right now. You sounding like a Ill Community poster right now.

soundscream sounding like one of those "[irrelevant mixtape rapper] will save hip-hop" type of dudes right now. You sounding like a Ill Community poster right now.

The fact that a good verse that doesn't even call anyone out directly is BLOWING peoples minds, says a lot about the current state of rap music.

BHZ Mayor

The fact that a good verse that doesn't even call anyone out directly is BLOWING peoples minds, says a lot about the current state of rap music.

It's blowing people's minds because K Dot is dope as fuck and there's no one relevant or invested enough to challenge his KONY claim. The fact that a West Coast rapper of all coasts can say he's the King of NY and not have to worry about any consequences says a lot about the current state of rap.

If y'all would've been making good music instead of whining non-stop about the South from 04-09 then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Imm0rt4l

I forsee nobody worth a damn in New York making a fuss. You might have some irrelevant ass underground cats that nobody's checking for trying to ride the hype train on some faux indignation.

Probably someone like Papoose. Also lol @ the Nacirema Dream coming out a decade later. And lol @ it being trash.

It's blowing people's minds because K Dot is dope as fuck and there's no one relevant or invested enough to challenge his KONY claim. The fact that a West Coast rapper of all coasts can say he's the King of NY and not have to worry about any consequences says a lot about the current state of rap.

If y'all would've been making good music instead of whining non-stop about the South from 04-09 then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Is this post real, are you really getting invested in a regional rap beef, in 2013?

Notice I didnt say anything about NY rappers, I said ALL rap aint been shit since 99. Fucking ignorant ass shit from the south, pink fur coat wearing posers from the east, and the west still waiting for Dre to do something. Like I said wear the crown if ya want, but it aint shit.

Dismissing 14 years of hip hop, scust. So much great stuff has been released post 99. Soundscream is just mad no one respects his starter jacket collection anymore.

Onemic

Is this post real, are you really getting invested in a regional rap beef, in 2013?

Notice I didnt say anything about NY rappers, I said ALL rap aint been shit since 99. Fucking ignorant ass shit from the south, pink fur coat wearing posers from the east, and the west still waiting for Dre to do something. Like I said wear the crown if ya want, but it aint shit.

nah bruh, you old.

so yeah, that was a nice verse, but i was expecting something at least this tier instead of the stern talking to you see a mom give her kids who were running down the aisle in Walmart. "Timmy, you can do better than this! you are better than this!"

phew, false alarm!

You must read a very different NeoGAF than I do. This place is anything but pro-MS/Xbox.

this is NeoGAF, if you read the right threads you would even think GAF is pro-Vita.

Except for GAF. I can't believe some people are accepting Microsoft because they made like seven 180 turn arounds. I will never go back to them. Look at their history. And some people are willing to bend over backwards for them again. Seriously GAF will go crazy once it drops in price to $400

if it drops to $400 even i would probably pick one up next year...

Dismissing 14 years of hip hop, scust. So much great stuff has been released post 99. Soundscream is just mad no one respects his starter jacket collection anymore.

I had the Raiders one it was HOT!

No there obviously has been some good albums but as a whole the overall quality has fallen down.

I forsee nobody worth a damn in New York making a fuss. You might have some irrelevant ass underground cats that nobody's checking for trying to ride the hype train on some faux indignation.

Probably someone like Papoose. Also lol @ the Nacirema Dream coming out a decade later. And lol @ it being trash.

YO

Papoose pls respond

preferably within the next decade

I was just watching a review for a movie, and the reviewer just said the characters seemed like they belonged in Big Trouble in Little China.......but they were saying it as a negative.

Fuck the internet, some people shouldn't be able to let the crazy out of their head.

I had the Raiders one it was HOT!

No there obviously has been some good albums but as a whole the overall quality has fallen down.

If you were born in the early seventies you'd be saying that ish in an AOL chatroom about 90s hiphop. "80s hiphop was the best, post 89 is weak. Just give me a record scratch and a beat box. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED!"

Sounds change, there's so much stuff being released on a monthly basis it's unreal. I can't even keep up with anything other than the most notable stuff. HiResDes put out a list of ~20 good releases every 3 months.

Onemic

I will admit, there definitely has been a quality decrease compared to say 10 years ago or further, but there's still plenty of quality hip hop releases out there on a yearly basis.

harSon

Banned
Looks like The Butler is going to review well. Lee Daniel's got the heaviest hand in the business though. It's almost like he brainstorms issues effecting blacks within a given era, and then shoves that shit within one character. Can't wait til he does a slave movie. It's going to be brilliant.

Nakazato

Just listened to that kendrick verse HarSon retaliate and bring out your Diss track with Mac miller,JoeyBad@ss and Big Sean

and on worst part about it is Big Sean Co-signed the fucking diss to himself by letting that shit come out

HE ETHERED HIMSELF !!!!!!

I thought that was all Kanye's doing

When Kanye brought em back it was noticed not cared. Yezzy brought back the
$120
White T movement.

Now lets all join hand for the new White T, Black T, Pink T song remakes. We all know Pink T will be featuring Kim K and North Jay-Z

Mr. Patch

Just listened to that kendrick verse HarSon retaliate and bring out your Diss track with Mac miller,JoeyBad@ss and Big Sean

and on worst part about it is Big Sean Co-signed the fucking diss to himself by letting that shit come out

HE ETHERED HIMSELF !!!!!!

When Kanye brought em back it was noticed not cared. Yezzy brought back the
$120
White T movement.

Now lets all join hand for the new White T, Black T, Pink T song remakes. We all know Pink T will be featuring Kim K and North Jay-Z

Oh that boy there clean, white shoes, fresh jeans
But on that boy shirt what it say? NOT A THIIIING

White Tee still goes hard as fuck

Top Bottom