• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Accept the 3 Kings.

At least Ginuwine put down the soul glow.

but why would anyone straight want to attend when you label an event with for Gay people?

It's nonsense IMO...but whateverz...everyone has to stand up for gay rights today it seems...

I'm black, and I was tired of the media slant with "racial issues" and I'm already tired of this whole gay movement. No one f'n cares what you do in personal life anymore, we're all in our own bubbles anyway. I think having niche events just furthers segregates groups.

He probably don't have a mustache.

I blame TV. People dont have real interactions with different types of people and form there opinions based on media stereo types. My first year of college I did so many facepalms, because for a lot of those people I was the first black person they had any real interaction with.

So much ignorance.

A gay gaming convention sounds like a fun time where you won't have to hear a lot of the stupid insipid shit people say.

Given all the stories of how uncomfortable so many women were at the established cons, sounds like a less creepy alternative to the established events. Like Fyrewulf mentioned, most cons are (white)boys clubs.

It probably smells nicer than normal cons

Can't smell worse.

Given all the stories of how uncomfortable so many women were at the established cons, sounds like a less creepy alternative to the established events. Like Fyrewulf mentioned, most cons are (white)boys clubs.

They are.

Also it's incredibly stupid how people can't understand the concept of a safe space.

Gorillaz

I know im late but that Kendrick verse was quite neat.
Kendrick calling out new school rappers
Gucci talking about stirring up shit at 10:17 calling out rappers that think they shit

It's beef season fam
tumblr_lqtu00ifVa1qzja38o1_500.gif

FyreWulff

They are.

Also it's incredibly stupid how people can't understand the concept of a safe space.

Over on the Penny Arcade forums, a bunch of women got together and organized a girls meetup near PAX at a bar of their choice.

Year after year, bunch of dudes would post in the thread threatening to crash the meetup, or complain that they couldn't go.

Over on the Penny Arcade forums, a bunch of women got together and organized a girls meetup near PAX at a bar of their choice.

Year after year, bunch of dudes would post in the thread threatening to crash the meetup, or complain that they couldn't go.

Doesn't surprise me.

Also someone telling a minority group how they should deal with oppression blows up my irony meter every time.

hypernima

Banned
The comments in the GaymerX thread disgusted me, I will never understand why some are so opposed to when people create a safe space for people belonging to their subculture.

FyreWulff

Why not make your own?

That's the sad part, you pretty much can at PAX. Just think of a reason, like "texas meetup", name a place and a time, and it happens. There's your meetup.

There's like hundreds of meetups and parties (personal and corporate) at PAX. Women want a girls-only meetup? Asshole magnet.

A friend told me she wanted to run a small women-only gaming convention and said she felt she couldn't do it because she'd never be able to afford the security.

BHZ Mayor

I have to be honest. After seeing the type of shit that goes seemingly unpunished in other social issues threads and seeing how fast homophobic posts get punished in OT, I thought that the LBGT community were that one group that were safe from ignorant posts against them on GAF, yet here we are.

Gorillaz

I think Gaf in a way is progressive. But what alot of people forget is that the OT side of gaf isn't always like the Gaming side. Some people do take part in threads from both sides but Gaming side isn't exactly down to earth enough to realize how they come off. Especially on topics like woman in gaming(or in general) and gay rights

OT isn't an angel either tho, I personally think alot of people hold there tongue.

R3TRODYCE

I went to Walmart for the first time in ages and they had a stack of YooHoo's; Oh man I've knocked out about 5 today and I feel like shit but I swear they get better with each can.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I was recently asked by a journalist about my experiences in the community, and industry with regards to social issues like gender, sex and race, and how discussion has evolved over time. To be honest, there was a time i'd have held GAF up as the gold standard for mostly sane discussion of such topics as a whole. Recently however, my view on that has changed a lot. Its just crazy how many posters don't have any sort of broad world experience outside of their blinkered bubbles.

That being said, its still waaaaay better than most internet message boards.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I came from the Penny-Arcade forums. See why I say GAF is progressive? PA is full of dumbasses

GAF's problem is wannabe-know-it-all shelteredness

J10

Banned
I almost want to go into that thread and just start calling people fucking morons in different languages. It'd be worth the ban.

I went to Walmart for the first time in ages and they had a stack of YooHoo's; Oh man I've knocked out about 5 today and I feel like shit but I swear they get better with each can.

Yo I love Yoohoo, I know I'm alone in this, but I swear that they have a very slight taste of cigar.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I came from the Penny-Arcade forums. See why I say GAF is progressive? PA is full of dumbasses

GAF's problem is wannabe-know-it-all shelteredness

My experience with the Penny Arcade forums is strictly limited to PAX related posts and that's it. Wasn't aware it was bad there.

RedSwirl

About cons, I guess anime cons are a whole different thing, because the attendance of Otakon didn't at all meet the stereotypical criteria.

Otakon's pretty evenly split between men & women from what I could tell, or at least even enough. Black folks are also not at all uncommon there. Don't know what to tell you.

Imm0rt4l

I'll show you JC.

Going to buy some old school FPS games #Staywinning
Catching L's and winning are mutually exclusive.
I have to be honest. After seeing the type of shit that goes seemingly unpunished in other social issues threads and seeing how fast homophobic posts get punished in OT, I thought that the LBGT community were that one group that were safe from ignorant posts against them on GAF, yet here we are.
Gamingside has a lot of shit posters who wont post in ot for this reason.

Top Bottom