• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

cyborg009

Banned
I never had this moment but I'm cringing from the thought of it

tumblr_mqi5emJ2IY1sczgpmo6_r1_1280.jpg

Finally heard that kendrick verse it was alright, how niggas acting on media outlets had me thinking he channeled tupacs hit em up

That's because dudes are trying to say it is a diss track when it isn't. He took the game over in one verse and told all the new dudes to try and take it from him.

That's because dudes are trying to say it is a diss track when it isn't. He took the game over in one verse and told all the new dudes to try and take it from him.

Basically. It was just a "try harder" to the younger guys and a "your time has come and gone" to those older dudes not named Jay Nas Eminem and Andre 3000

it was a typical good Kendrick verse, difference being his actually named rappers that said wasn't at his level, not that subliminal shit that's hot in the buddy-buddy lets not step on anybody's toes world of mainstream hip-hop

Just make better music

Recon

Banned
Why did B.O.B put out a reaction track to Kendrick? Its so weak shit is the text book definition of a backfire

Lets be real, Kendrick's verse was nice, but it wasnt some super lyrical shit that blows minds. He channeled his inner Pac nicely and said some shit that sounds way nicer than it is because of his passionate delivery. That and he named names, which is something unique for these new school of soft ass rappers.

Gorillaz

Lets be real, Kendrick's verse was nice, but it wasnt some super lyrical shit that blows minds. He channeled his inner Pac nicely and said some shit that sounds way nicer than it is because of his passionate delivery. That and he named names, which is something unique for these new school of soft ass rappers.

True...but who gave BoB permission to even respond. Like who Oked it?

He took Swimming Pools (?) slowed it down and made the beat worse. It made me laugh tho so he got that from me.

Recon

Banned
True...but who gave BoB permission to even respond. Like who Oked it?

He took Swimming Pools (?) slowed it down and made the beat worse. It made me laugh tho so he got that from me.

I stopped fucking with BoB awhile ago, but that sounds horrible lol

iavi

This one and "Drake the kinda nigga that ties his shoes without bending his knees" slayed me DEAD.

Why did B.O.B put out a reaction track to Kendrick? Its so weak shit is the text book definition of a backfire

BoB -- "Word. I can actually play an instrument tho. let me stunt." proceeds to loop the same lick till the end of the song.

I don't even know if dude can actually play, but that was just bad form.

Furyous

Kendrick snapped on that verse. It was more if what said than how he said it. It's a great verse that's hyped up of because of this new era we in. I'm all for solidarity but artists have to compete at some point. KD trains with Lebron but best believe he'll bust that ass on the court.

LOL at the people catching feelings. Joell Ortiz' track was wack. Joey Badass needs to put in work to establish himself outside of NYC before catching feelings. Z list rappers mad they name wasn't mentioned.

Kendrick can't be KONY because few people understand his first record. We can have a legit argument about the under 35 KONY native resident power vacuum at some point. Tip and Jeezy at one point (not long) had the KONY title but Kendrick is off base.

Let me end this rant by pointing out Big Sean is the most slept on young MC of his class. Hall of Fame might be better than The Gifted. Hopefully Kendrick's verse won't overshadow the fact that BIG spa zed on All Me.

Dereck

One has to wonder what the hell is running through his mind at this point. Should've made that track disappear and never see the light of day.
I respect him for at least putting the track out there knowing that he got overshadowed on the track.

Just got around to playing The Last of Us, just finished the part where
Tess dies :(
, game is pretty damn good so far.

I hear the ending was pretty crazy too, whatever it was. Gonna peep that alternative ending gaf thread when i get the chance too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fact
Every one of those guys writing the Drake meme know the words to all his songs and sings them in the clubs trying to pull women

Top Bottom