• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Aint too caught up on the Oct. date. Gives me plenty of time to play the main game itself without worrying about getting behind online or whatever. Plus, Wonderful 101 thank you based Kamiya

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rockstar to Volition's 60 dollar mod
tumblr_inline_miznz9qFnU1qz4rgp.gif

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Didn't like RDR?

Know what will be fun? The Gaf backlash 5 months down the road.

RDR was okay. Undead Nightmare....i didn't even touch.

I've always seen zombies outside of survival horror as overdone, overused and lazy. The plot usually never makes any sense, and its even more boring when put in some horde style mode where you have to kill waves of the undead. Fuck that shit. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Gorillaz

There killing me holding back the online till October.

How it sounds tho by breaking it off as it's own separate thing they might be supporting this one for the long run tho. I mean it's going to have a next gen version we all know that.

Are Max Payne 3's mechanics good? Since that's basically what GTAV is using. GTA's biggest flaw to me was always shitty shooting mechanics. GTA4 even fucked up driving mechanics.

Max Payne 3 had it's flaws, but actually shooting people was great. The movement, the weapon wheel, the Euphoria physics engine doing its thing for realistic hit animations, the feel of the gun when you fire it...this might be the first GTA where it actually plays really well. It kinda feels like they secretly spent this whole generation experimenting on various games like GTA4, RDR, Midnight Club, Max Payne 3, etc all so they can put it together in this ultimate Rockstar game.

Gorillaz

Are Max Payne 3's mechanics good? Since that's basically what GTAV is using. GTA's biggest flaw to me was always shitty shooting mechanics. GTA4 even fucked up driving mechanics.

yes. I think they were some of the best 3ps mechanics this gen right behind Uncharted 2/3

Max Panye's shooting mechanics destroys uncharteds imo. Thats something ND really needs to work on whatever their next game is...seriously

edit: Yea the engine works well with it too. Alot better and flawless compared to RDR.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
MP3 had excellent shooting mechanics, sound design, and grit

those cinematics tho...

And I never finished RDR. Apparently, I'm not alone

The Last of Us had some great shooting/combat, to be fair. The weapon sway, the incredible sound, the AI animations and hit reactions, the scarce ammo making every shot feel that much more important and distinctive. I went back to UC2 after playing TLOU, you had these weak sounding little pistols and shit. After TLOU, ND's UC team better step it up...although I know TLOU gets away with some wild shit because of the M-rating. You aint never gon melee somebody like this in Uncharted, but between the motion blur and that sound design, goddamn it sounds vicious.

Imm0rt4l

Yea, the gunplay is solid and feels very rewarding. But Max Payne has diving and bullet time of course. Haven't touched the online portion of max payne though.

No. NO. No....

Why?

The Last of Us had some great shooting/combat, to be fair. The weapon sway, the incredible sound, the AI animations and hit reactions, the scarce ammo making every shot feel that much more important and distinctive. I went back to UC2 after playing TLOU, you had these weak sounding little pistols and shit. After TLOU, ND's UC team better step it up...although I know TLOU gets away with some wild shit because of the M-rating. You aint never gon melee somebody like this in Uncharted, but between the motion blur and that sound design, goddamn it sounds vicious.

TLoU is a perfect example of marriage between gameplay and story imo. Great game.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Gorillaz

Thinking alot of sites/reviewers might give TLoU the GOTY due to how well it did blend the gameplay and narrative. Even over GTA 5. Even if people throw out the whole "sandbox>linear" line, both have/will accomplish big strides in the industry.

Slayven

reading the shit that dc censored proves just how fucked this dude is. im amazed how people are still willing to give this clown money after shit like nemesis and kick ass 2. with all the anger concerning rape, im curious why noone has gone after him yet.

Dude is fucked up. You can always tell how big of a freak a writer is by what he continues to put in stories.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I'll concede, I didn't like the driving in GTAIV, but it didn't matter in Ballad of Gay Tony or Lost and Damned

Parallax

Dude is fucked up. You can always tell how big of a freak a writer is by what he continues to put in stories.

its like all he writes about is rape. people go in hard on frank "whores" miller, but he gets a pass somehow. i think if they directly translated kick ass and wanted from the comics, he would have a bunch of pissed off people on his ass.

People like the Ultimates, I never knew why.

i still dont. and they praise it as well.

Slayven

its like all he writes about is rape. people go in hard on frank "whores" miller, but he gets a pass somehow. i think if they directly translated kick ass and wanted from the comics, he would have a bunch of pissed off people on his ass.

Fox nixed that scene from Kick Ass 2, but Millar swear it was going to be in there.

Parallax

Fox nixed that scene from Kick Ass 2, but Millar swear it was going to be in there.

none of his brutal shit will ever make it to films. "this is my face when fucking you in the ass" was never gonna make it, gang rape and the mass killing of kids is never gonna make it, forced incest is never gonna make it either. studios have to swallow that shit if it does, not him. theres a reason marvel wont put its logo on his shit.

Slayven

none of his brutal shit will ever make it to films. "this is my face when fucking you in the ass" was never gonna make it, gang rape and the mass killing of kids is never gonna make it, forced incest is never gonna make it either. studios have to swallow that shit if it does, not him. theres a reason marvel wont put its logo on his shit.

Why did Fox hire him? I really want to know why.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's a brutal and false interpretation of what happened during Jacket's original rampage. The director mentions filming the scene where he carries her to his car afterwards, which makes it fairly clear he's aping the true events as they transpired in the first game while adding a sadistic edge including things that never happened. The post scene commentary by the director makes it clear it's completely self aware and is in fact criticizing the portrayal of such things directly.

Imm0rt4l

Neither do I, knowing hotline Miami..it fits in. Especially since its "acted" in a movie scene...I guess it's designed to shock, much like the rest of the game is

Yea, the game's world is a very morally depraved one, making a movie of the events in the first games and misrepresenting/bastardizing it doesn't seem at all worthy of outrage. It's just an extension of all the excessive violence in the first game. And it will be awesome.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People that rush to criticize Saint's Row are always wrong.

I know its true because I did the same shit until I played one.

Slayven

People that rush to criticize Saint's Row are always wrong.

I know its true because I did the same shit until I played one.

As they should. Too me Saints Row 2 was puberty, it didn't truly know what it wanted to be. Was feeling things out. 3rd was when it came into it's own. Haters be damned.

Parallax

Why did Fox hire him? I really want to know why.

because they need something to fight against marvel with, and since he wrote the ultimate series, they feel like he might have some sort of insight on where they will be going in order to compete. not knowing that his scripts have to be trimmed so bad that only three pages are left. then again, marvel hired the other side of the fucked up coin to head their animation department, so everyone is fucked up.

some of the comments in the Hotline Miami 2 thread made me really think about something... when some groups complain about lack of representation, some people are always right there to respond with "if you don't like it, make your own [bootstraps]" .. and then someone (like Tyler Perry) does and then someone else will chime in with "can't we all get along, why do do you have to be so divisive and go and make your own stuff that focuses on you? why do black colleges exist anyway!?"

Slayven

Played 1, 2, and 3. Day one. Games been taking one step forward and two steps back since the second one.

Only way 3 is a step back is in content. But then again their content was more quality than two.

some of the comments in the Hotline Miami 2 thread made me really think about something... when some groups complain about lack of representation, some people are always right there to respond with "if you don't like it, make your own [bootstraps]" .. and then someone (like Tyler Perry) does and then someone else will chime in with "can't we all get along, why do do you have to be so divisive and go and make your own stuff that focuses on you? why do black colleges exist anyway!?"

The great hypocrisy. Like the Gaymerx thing. There are so many out there that live in a vacuum.

Like the people that think W101 will sell more then a 1000 copies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only way 3 is a step back is in content. But then again their content was more quality than two.

Characters are worse(ESPECIALLY the bad guys), humor goes form wink and a nudge to constantly elbowing you saying 'did ya get it?!' Stillwater was an ugly city, but Steelport is just straight boring.

Parallax

its like the sonic cycle. except white people arent really clamoring for white tyler perry

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

It's a real catch-22. Honestly see it as just perpetuated by the ignorance of people refusing to see the bigger picture.

Slayven

Characters are worse(ESPECIALLY the bad guys), humor goes form wink and a nudge to constantly elbowing you saying 'did ya get it?!' Stillwater was an ugly city, but Steelport is just straight boring.

the only memorial badguys are from the first one. But that doesn't hold the game back.

Top Bottom