• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Slayven

]Wii U broke a record last month.

Lowest selling month since launch.

When P4 drops....

tumblr_lufd02DUGh1qkzb67o1_500.gif

cyborg009

Banned
I forgot to post this yesterday but if you like Demon souls /Dark souls you should watch Berserk since you notice the similarities.

yo i'm not about this manual labour life at all. it's good money and the kids who do move forward with it and make a career out of it here make good money. 6 figure salaries are practically guaranteed after a few years though the hours are long and the work is cyclical.

but maaan...it's killing me.

i'm thinking of going back to school for computer science as well. is that still a good major for the job market? i've been dabbling in some beginner programming at home and i don't mind math.

i'll be 24 before i can get started in a program though. too old for this?

never too old

Been talking to my boy that is a nurse said "I love then money, Dislike the Job, Way to stressful" I think him seeing ppl die has be what made him second guess

yeah, the death and dealing with family members is the worst part.

Slayven

Bet you hyped the PSP and Vita too. Just saying, judging a Nintendo system before any big games are released is never a good idea

Coming up a year, and nintendo doesn't seem like it wants to save the Wii U. I feel like comparing handhelds to consoles is silly.

XenodudeX

Coming up a year, and nintendo doesn't seem like it wants to save the Wii U. I feel like comparing handhelds to consoles is silly.

I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion when you look at the release schedule for the rest of the year. They clearly want to save it.

Slayven

I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion when you look at the release schedule for the rest of the year. They clearly want to save it.

That lineup screams "preaching to the converted" All that shit is for the folks that already live breath and shits Nintendo. Nothing to bring in anyone new.

Gorillaz

I want a new Rival School. Thats all I'm asking for. Instead Capcom is too busy chasing after The Last of Us and tomb raider to make a better resident evil.

Capcom pls.

So Black gaf im like 50/50 going back to school and picking up another BS Degree.

What should I look into? Computer Sciences/Nursing/business

Film/TV ain't paying the bills atm. And I would like to have a check every 2 weeks. Military still in Play but knee needs to be looked at before I cant finish getting into Shape.

Any advice ?

3.9% unemployment in nursing to 8.7% in CS hmmm

What are you trying to do in film/tv?

Imm0rt4l

Meanwhile, the Vita sales and release schedule

rollingtumbleweed.gif
you breakin smokeydave's heart
I want a new Rival School. Thats all I'm asking for. Instead Capcom is too busy chasing after The Last of Us and tomb raider to make a better resident evil.

Capcom pls.

+1

The problem with fighting games is that the entry bar is too high. You can't jump into them the same way you can a shooter or many other multiplayer games. One more reason the fgc is probably where it's at imo.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm actually kinda shocked that there are 15 vita owners within 5 miles of me...but there are.

I like the system. Shame about the boxed game situation but there are some great indie games on that.

FyreWulff

There really is a lot of people that wait for Kart though (even though you can safely assume a console will have it)

I mean the fucking DS game is still full price. THE DS VERSION. 35$.

Which is why I think of all the games they should push up, it needs to be Kart.

My dad runs a little construction company, pouring concrete, building fences, house framework, whatever you need. He poured the concrete for the entire sidewalk area at the local Circuit City, and would remind us that he did, in fact, pour the concrete for this entire sidewalk area we're walking on every time the fam went there back in the 90s.

Slayven

My dad runs a little construction company, pouring concrete, building fences, house framework, whatever you need. He poured the concrete for the entire sidewalk area at the local Circuit City, and would remind us that he did, in fact, pour the concrete for this entire sidewalk area we're walking on every time the fam went there back in the 90s.

Did he once score 4 touchdowns too ?

In regards to the Wii U... I kind of regret buying one. Seriously. Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2 will probably curb that a bit, but for now? Eh.

I had a .38 GPA after my first semester in college. Back in high school, I had a 4.2

I thought I was fucking invincible. High school and college (first semester) were two completely different experiences for me. After I got my ish together, studied, attended office hours, etc, I did a lot better.

I'm pretty lazy. The fact that I'm at least passing all of the classes for my major and staying off of academic probation has made me pretty complacent. But I need to kick it into high gear for the rest of my time in college, if only so I can get a good job afterwards.

So yeah I caught up on the last couple pages.....

-Drake meme was funny as shit. Indian style while getting head.....
-Its always good to have someone in the game who is solid to call out others be it inadvertently or not. Hopefully it will push cats to step their game up.
-Regardless of how good GTA Online will be(Smart move, if you played red dead online you could see the building blocks to this) Good move on rockstar. But back to my original point As much as we need GTA we need SR. Saints Row the third is one of the best goddamn sandbox games I have played in a while. SR4 will be good. I was hesitant just like a lot but so far the series has not done me wrong. Its the type of game that is needed in the industry. A game that is just that a game. Nothing serious lot of adult fun. Now between SR2 and SR3. Lets be honest. SR2 had more content. SR3 had more solid gameplay.It came into its own. Will buy SR4 day one.
-If anyone has questions about the nursing field holla at me. Ive been living with one who has been in the game for almost 30 years. She has done it all from starting her own buisness(You know those insurance health exams you take, ever wondered who controls the nurses who administer them.... marinate on that) I can always throw some queries her way.
-This is technically my second xbox. First one red ringed. sent that bitch back with the quickness. Got it back within 2 weeks. My girl got salty and sold it. Years later she bought me a new one.
-Spin the mother fucking disk
-Digimon was the shit. Love motherfucking Agumon.
-GTA4 in retrospect wasnt that great a game. I respect what it bought to the table but it was whatever. But when it came out I was running around getting drunk with roman. Having a blast. Three Leaf Clover was one of the best missions in a sandbox game period.
-TLoU was one of the best games released this gen. Solid overall and an amazing effort by ND. Literally the only people I know who hate on this game are people who hate on everything. This game was firing on all cylenders and the story was engrossing. It fucking pulled you in. The combat and controls didnt need to be over the top. They were simple. Long story short everything complemented each other perfectly. Gameplay complemented story which in turn complemented everything else. Perfect length. I got my moneys worth. Not a dry eye from any of my circle who played through it at the end of winter. That shit hit close to home.
-COD:Ghosts sounds strange on paper but the same was said about Blops2 as well. Really cant wait to see it an action. I mean I know my sister is buying it.

EDIT: Not that anyone probably cares but my god am I having a ball with Dragons Crown. Evading is the truth and I love playing the fighter. Im level 76 an inferno and just loving life.

And question for the fam......
Hotline Miami or Ducktales Remastered......?

Gorillaz

So yeah I caught up on the last couple pages.....

EDIT: Not that anyone probably cares but my god am I having a ball with Dragons Crown. Evading is the truth and I love playing the fighter. Im level 76 an inferno and just loving life.

And question for the fam......
Hotline Miami or Ducktales Remastered......?

Did not realize that much happened tbh but I would pick hotline but thats if your into that style of gameplay

Top Bottom