• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the only memorial badguys are from the first one. But that doesn't hold the game back.

I remember Mr. Sunshine and Maero and Ben King. I had to look up the Saint's Row bad guys. I mean, the way that one of the major protagonists and major antogists was written off should show you how rushed that game was.

Imm0rt4l

I have saints row 3, but haven't gotten around to playing it. Last sandbox game I played was sleeping dogs, which was a lot of fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not saying I haven't had a ton of fun with Saint's Row, but I've had less with each entry. And then you look at stuff like SR 4 and, let's not even count GTA because its huge budget, look at Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs differentiates itself from GTA without seeming like it's trying its hardest to differentiate itself from GTA.

They said they're rebooting the series after this though so whatever. Hopefully they either tone it down or just start over and make a super powered game.

I did not like Sleeping Dogs, I'll be the first nigga on GAF to say that. Just felt like budget-priced GTA. Only unique thing about was the combat, and that wasn't that great. I'll take Saints Row wackiness over that any day of the week.

SR and GTA went in different directions and SR won. SR3 > GTA4 yea yea yea SR had the benefit of coming out years after GTA4.

Rockstar looks like they're addressing a lot of the problems of GTA4, time will tell tho.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh yeah, if one thing we can agree on, they'll all be better than Ubi open world games.

I'll still buy AC and Watch Dogs though. Cause I'm a sucker for big open worlds, but I bet they both control like crap.

LosDaddie

Banned
The missions were boring as hell (especially compared to GTA:SA). Keep in mind I did not purchase any DLC.

IV was a slow-burn at first. I think it takes ~6hrs to really get started, but I ended up really enjoying the game. In fact, GTA IV + DLC is my GotG. The DLC was fantastic. Great storytelling.

Lame as it sounds, I'm kind of glad. Otherwise I would have been up worrying if I should get in on the MP while it's hot even though I always play SP first

Same. Gives me time to play the SP without worrying about falling too far behind in the MP

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh my god
ibjNPClFFAhrli.gif

Nakazato

So Black gaf im like 50/50 going back to school and picking up another BS Degree.

What should I look into? Computer Sciences/Nursing/business

Film/TV ain't paying the bills atm. And I would like to have a check every 2 weeks. Military still in Play but knee needs to be looked at before I cant finish getting into Shape.

Any advice ?

3.9% unemployment in nursing to 8.7% in CS hmmm

So Denmark recently tried having topless women holding speed limit signs as an attempt to curb speeding. I'd post the vid but...well, it's clearly NSFW (you can see it on Smoking Section though).

What I did notice was the black dude holding up traffic trying to talk to her. It reminded me of the super eager guy with that other woman trying to get money for a boob job.

Moral of the story: Whenever there's white women with signs on the streets, there's sure to be a thirsty black dude around

So Black gaf im like 50/50 going back to school and picking up another BS Degree.

What should I look into? Computer Sciences/Nursing/business

Film/TV ain't paying the bills atm. And I would like to have a check every 2 weeks. Military still in Play but knee needs to be looked at before I cant finish getting into Shape.

Any advice ?

3.9% unemployment in nursing to 8.7% in CS hmmm

CS or Nursing

yo i'm not about this manual labour life at all. it's good money and the kids who do move forward with it and make a career out of it here make good money. 6 figure salaries are practically guaranteed after a few years though the hours are long and the work is cyclical.

but maaan...it's killing me.

i'm thinking of going back to school for computer science as well. is that still a good major for the job market? i've been dabbling in some beginner programming at home and i don't mind math.

i'll be 24 before i can get started in a program though. too old for this?

Nakazato

CS or Nursing
Been talking to my boy that is a nurse said "I love then money, Dislike the Job, Way to stressful" I think him seeing ppl die has be what made him second guess

yo i'm not about this manual labour life at all. it's good money and the kids who do move forward with it and make a career out of it here make good money. 6 figure salaries are practically guaranteed after a few years though the hours are long and the work is cyclical.

but maaan...it's killing me.

i'm thinking of going back to school for computer science as well. is that still a good major for the job market? i've been dabbling in some beginner programming at home and i don't mind math.

i'll be 24 before i can get started in a program though. too old for this?
Never to old to better yourself or to try new things my mom taught me that. @ 25 im thinking about going back to school.

Due to certain things that happen I switch from CS to CIS. Once they told me I had to take chemistry I kind of freaked out.

CIS ? and yea i heard chem is a pain in the ass. My study habits were ASS in HS but after College they were so much better.

Edit : Why the FUCK didnt i call my friend when i fucked up my knee he could have given me an outline of what i could have done to it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CIS - Computer Information Systems

Follows a slightly divergent track than traditional Computer Science. More focused on software and programming rather than discrete & higher end computational mathematics.

Nakazato

Follows a slightly divergent track than traditional Computer Science. More focused on software and programming rather than discrete & higher end computational mathematics.

Might have to look into that. math scares me since i haven't really done it since HS. But with a month or 2 worth of practice i should be fine

Edit maybe 3-4 months LOL

cyborg009

Banned
Been talking to my boy that is a nurse said "I love then money, Dislike the Job, Way to stressful" I think him seeing ppl die has be what made him second guess

Never to old to better yourself or to try new things my mom taught me that. @ 25 im thinking about going back to school.

CIS ? and yea i heard chem is a pain in the ass. My study habits were ASS in HS but after College they were so much better.

Edit : Why the FUCK didnt i call my friend when i fucked up my knee he could have given me an outline of what i could have done to it.

My studies habits got worse lol.

My adviser my college suggested me to switch from CS to CIS but then again they haven't been really helpful with me lately.

its like the sonic cycle. except white people arent really clamoring for white tyler perry

There /is/ a white Tyler Perry. His name is Adam Sandler.

And Mark Millar is a racist misogynist self-hating nerd. Wanted and the Kick Ass franchise make money because Hollywood takes his core ideas and is able to water down and tweak them to make a palatable and exciting product.

harSon

Banned

Mine too. I had well below a 2.0 and had exactly enough credits to graduate, and that's only because one of my teachers Senior year basically gifted me a jump from a D to a C. My study habits definitely got better in college in the sense that I actually started to give a shit about things farther than a day or two out, but they were still shit. If college had all of the bullshit daily HW/busy work committments that High School did, then there's no way in hell I would have graduated. College is infinitely more procrastinating/lazy friendly than HS IMO.

Gorillaz

Mine too. I had well below a 2.0 and had exactly enough credits to graduate, and that's only because one of my teachers Senior year basically gifted me a jump from a D to a C. My study habits definitely got better in college in the sense that I actually started to give a shit about things farther than a day or two out, but they were still shit. If college had all of the bullshit daily HW/busy work committments that High School did, then there's no way in hell I would have graduated. College is infinitely more procrastinating/lazy friendly than HS IMO.

My first semester at college. ..dude....biggest wake up call I ever had in school. GPA tanked faster then Sonys stock.

Got better but only at the point where I barely try to pass now.

Man.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning to explain the backlog of work. 6 months prior to me getting this job, it was vacant. Meaning for 6 months this job was not done. I got here was instructed to catch up while keeping up to date. This all while covering multiple other desks and being assigned projects outside of the department. The nature of bank mergers and buyouts is nasty. The bank being bought cuts staff to save cash and appear to have lower costs than they actually do and so people in positions like mine get fucked.

Might have to take an L instead of risking sounding like I'm making excuses.

harSon

Banned
My first semester at college. ..dude....biggest wake up call I ever had in school. GPA tanked faster then Sonys stock.

Got better but only at the point where I barely try to pass now.

Fortunately I went to community college first, so I sort of had a transitional period before I transfered. If I had transfered to UC Santa Barbara though, which I was this close to going to, then I would have failed out of college. People who've been there will understand. If you lack will power, you'll fold like a motherfucker. I would have been partying/drunk Monday through Sunday, and most def have a kid. I almost had a kid there and I've only visited a friend 4 times...

RedSwirl

Are Max Payne 3's mechanics good? Since that's basically what GTAV is using. GTA's biggest flaw to me was always shitty shooting mechanics. GTA4 even fucked up driving mechanics.

That's what I've been worried about man! From what I remember MP3's shooting was good enough but nothing special.

oh my god
ibjNPClFFAhrli.gif

#dead

Probably not even playing GTAV this year tho. I'm sorry but PC version or nothin'.

I had a .38 GPA after my first semester in college. Back in high school, I had a 4.2

I thought I was fucking invincible. High school and college (first semester) were two completely different experiences for me. After I got my ish together, studied, attended office hours, etc, I did a lot better.

DominoKid

college was a cakewalk compared to HS. that was half my problem. i wasn't doing terrible but i didn't really get a grip academically until i got all Cs and Ds first semester junior year. that was the first semester i lived off campus and i couldn't have cared less about going to class, especially since most of our work was online submissions. the daily wake & bake put too much "fuck it" in my system

my advisor actually called me over Xmas break to tell me that I had A work and F attendance. i made dean's list the last 3 semesters.

harSon

Banned
I had a .38 GPA after my first semester in college. Back in high school, I had a 4.2

I thought I was fucking invincible. High school and college (first semester) were two completely different experiences for me. After I got my ish together, studied, attended office hours, etc, I did a lot better.

Sheeeeit. What major? I had a 3.78, but that was with a Film Production/Studies major and a minor in education. I partied like a motherfucker too. I didn't go into a 4-year college as a Freshman though, so that dorm like def might have slayed me.

cdyhybrid

I did shitty in college until I got into my major and could actually take classes I was interested in. Senior year, where I was pretty much just doing my capstone project and taking electives for the hell of it, was the best time. Astrobiology was a pretty cool class.

Man.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning to explain the backlog of work. 6 months prior to me getting this job, it was vacant. Meaning for 6 months this job was not done. I got here was instructed to catch up while keeping up to date. This all while covering multiple other desks and being assigned projects outside of the department. The nature of bank mergers and buyouts is nasty. The bank being bought cuts staff to save cash and appear to have lower costs than they actually do and so people in positions like mine get fucked.

Might have to take an L instead of risking sounding like I'm making excuses.

Tell them you had some personal issues due to this years family reunion

Gattsu25

Banned
My opinion is a little weird.

GTA4 was the first GTA that I felt didn't value my time at all. I felt like I was wasting my time every minute I played that game. I hate it when games waste my time and make me directly aware of it. That said, I have high hopes for GTA5 because I actually like Red Dead Redemption a lot.

Saint's Row 1 and 2 are both games that I hated. SR1 was just a shitty GTA knock off and SR2 took the goofiness too far without anything to back it up. SR3 I really enjoyed mainly because it was a fun game, just talking about the core gameplay, had a goofy side, but was designed more intelligently than other goofy games tend to be. I didn't bother with maxing out my character.

Sleeping Dogs I liked but never finished it. I like just driving around and getting into fistfights. I loved the driving in that game. Loved it. I didn't like the city too much, didn't like the missions, and hated the story.

None of these games have anything on San Andreas, though. That game was close to perfect.

Sheeeeit. What major? I had a 3.78, but that was with a Film Production/Studies major and a minor in education. I partied like a motherfucker too. I didn't go into a 4-year college as a Freshman though, so that dorm like def might have slayed me.

haha computer science. Graduated at 3.3 ish I think. I don't recall.

I was a straight edge kid in high school. The stuff was real easy to me but the thing was, I didn't really learn anything on my own. It was here is how you do x. So during tests/homework, I just followed steps and got my A. College was a different story. I bombed tests and skipped homework and class.

"Are you telling me that I can leave the dorm at anytime I want and no one cares? This is awesome!"

Yeah, partied way too hard lol. It all turned out fine now but the following semester/summer was rough.

Top Bottom