• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Be that as it may, Rich George was the one person who called Nintendo out on their BS regularly. He's now working with their partner in comms and peeps think its some grand conspiracy. Whatevs. I know the guy, he's pretty sound.

I see his move as a good thing for them, at a time when they need a clearer message. Maybe he's whip their Wii U department into shape.

Edit: he's one of the few people i could stand at IGN. The rest were....well....yeah.

I liked Rich George.

Nakazato

You're going to have to find a PA job. That's how you make connections out here.

Yep. I just got a phone call. One of the producers I worked with gave my name to another producer. I just happened to put my resume in yesterday. During the conversation she said "I saw you name and knew who you are. Unique spell" then she laughed. So now ill likely get a second Interview since she passed my name on wish me luck gaf.

#craboutofthebucket

Mr. Patch

I believe that anyone who thinks that Papoose response to Kendrick was good needs to reevaluate their taste in Hip-Hop and their opinion on what is "lyricism."

Old Lace

Someone said it best that people who are journalist at IGN and the likes is only playing the role until one of the big 3 hires them.

I mean it happened to the Nintendo Top Reviewer at IGN. She gave literally nothing but praise and high as hell scores for everything they did. Where is she now? Working for the Big N.

All gaming journalism is at this point, is just people waiting to get hired by a pub or a console maker.
I can't blame any of the folks who've jumped ship. IGN writers can't be making much money. And honestly, saying "I work in PR at Nintendo" sounds a lot better than "I review video games for a website."

BlackGAF, I want some real responses...

Girl needs help bringing something heavy upstairs, guy helps her. They chat a bit and they start bringing it up the stairs. Girl's roommate asks her if she's got it fine, and she responds "Yeah, it's pretty easy when you have someone strong helping you." Does that mean anything?

EDIT: Also they just met

zero_suit

Girl needs help bringing something heavy upstairs, guy helps her. They chat a bit and they start bringing it up the stairs. Girl's roommate asks her if she's got it fine, and she responds "Yeah, it's pretty easy when you have someone strong helping you." Does that mean anything?

Hmm, it's difficult to say.

Yep. I just got a phone call. One of the producers I worked with gave my name to another producer. I just happened to put my resume in yesterday. During the conversation she said "I saw you name and knew who you are. Unique spell" then she laughed. So now ill likely get a second Interview since she passed my name on wish me luck gaf.

#craboutofthebucket

You'll get it bro.

BHZ Mayor

I'd say nah just based on that one comment.

Depends on how it was said. Any innuendo or winking would be a good sign. Just stating it like a fact, eh.

Hmm, it's difficult to say.

I'd say nah just based on that one comment.

Depends on how it was said. Any innuendo or winking would be a good sign. Just stating it like a fact, eh.

It sounds like it depends on the way she said it like what devo mentioned. That could go either way.

Fantastic. Anyways, yeah - happened to me last year. Girl came down looking for my roommate, but he wasn't there. She needed help bringing a mini-fridge up the stairs, so I helped, etc., rest of the story above. And also I have no idea how she said it, so there's that. Anyways, thanks people!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Doesn't mean a damned thing.

Doesn't mean a damned thing.

Yeah, I was just checking. So many friends keep saying that I should have done x or y in a plethora of situations, and I'm like "it doesn't mean anything," and they're always trying to get something out of it. I would list these situations, but I'll just extrapolate and assume I've generally been right.

HomShaBom

Banned
Watching Martin. Ms Jerry is a G.
48887a5083.f.gif

Tell me why Hobby Lobby already going full force on the Christmas decorations and shit

it's AUGUST

Retailers get ready for the holidays earlier and earlier every year, but for the last two years they straight up don't give a damn. Especially dollar stores and chain pharmacies. Every Walgreens and CVS in my town put up Halloween decorations in June, and they've been selling candy on discount for 6 weeks straight now.

I'm not complaining, because hey, $1.25 bags of candy is a good deal, but it's a little aggressive.

Slayven

Retailers get ready for the holidays earlier and earlier every year, but for the last two years they straight up don't give a damn. Especially dollar stores and chain pharmacies. Every Walgreens and CVS in my town put up Halloween decorations in June, and they've been selling candy on discount for 6 weeks straight now.

I'm not complaining, because hey, $1.25 bags of candy is a good deal, but it's a little aggressive.

Reese's pumpkins. I kill for those.

Imm0rt4l

I remember back in elementary school niggas was rocking braided rat tails. I can't get down with the mullet. Shit, I don't think I've had a part in my hair since elementary school either.

DominoKid

stock up season.

I never had a rat tail, I never had parts, I never had high top fades. None of that ish. Cats were so quick to hop on those fads and shit bunch of basic mofos.

Imm0rt4l

I never had a rat tail, I never had parts, I never had high top fades. None of that ish. Cats were so quick to hop on those fads and shit bunch of basic mofos.

I think timothy delaghetto got a lot of Asian cats rocking parts now. I notice it a lot lately. I think parts are alright, just not the overly obnoxious joints, never did designs or any of that. As a kid, I always wanted the juice haircut.

Its 2013.

This shit is uncalled for. I know damn well this childs parents were at least in the 90's and saw how fucked up that was having to live through this shit first hand. I know some of the older cats in the BCT saw this shit in middle school and said "If I ever have kids I wouldnt do that to my child"

This shit right here, children and significant others wearing matching clothes(unless you at a family reunion), and naming your child after something you want or after the R&B singer that may or may not have been singing when you were concieved(How many kids named Devante and Dalvin and Dru) or someone you lusted after("My baby named Aries" Aint that the name of your exboyfriend from 3rd grade.) Need to be abolished.

We better than that.

EDIT: And yes im going ham bout this shit because I was one of those light skinned hazel eyed Debarge looking brothers that happen to have okay hair. And my momma was on that Serafina Posse Van Peebles shit that shit thought it was cute that I
a) Have a rat tail
b) Have my hair dyed red
c)Put a perm in my head on the first day of school in 5th grade.

Yeah im bitter.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wish I did have kids.

I'd live like a king in the military.

Tax refund would look like the powerball.

Top Bottom