• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT4| Learn to love the BBC

Nakazato

, ,
You'll get it bro.
Praying for it.

Im watching Mud with Matthew McConaughey and the movie is really fucking good. The kids that are in it are great young actors. I personally think its an oscar caliber movie. I recommend it.

I remember having a rat tail then my mom cut it off. I cried about it. Now im fucking happy she did it.

K00Gmyfl.jpg

It just hit me this cat hair tragedy looks like the light skinned barber jacked up do from Martin.

FyreWulff

BlackGAF, I want some real responses...

Girl needs help bringing something heavy upstairs, guy helps her. They chat a bit and they start bringing it up the stairs. Girl's roommate asks her if she's got it fine, and she responds "Yeah, it's pretty easy when you have someone strong helping you." Does that mean anything?

EDIT: Also they just met

It depends on how it's said. Most of the time it's just a compliment/notice that you're going to be used as a strong man.

It's a bit disappointing sometimes when you want to be seen as someone used for their smarts, but since you're twice the height of everyone you work with, you get relegated to "can you lift this heavy thing for me?". I never got to design any of the standees or displays at the library, I just got to move them around and transport tables/cabinets around :(

Not really related, but I've been trying to get into the natural habit of making eye contact with people. People said fucked up things about me earlier in life + my agorophobia and I end up finding excuses to look at other things when talking to strangers. So I'm going to the store today, good time to practice, right?

Go through checking out 20 items, hand the money to her, and leave, and the cashier avoids looking at me during the entire time. lol. anxiety battle.

Furyous

This woman got out her car and was to ready to throw hands for no reason I can think of. I'm walking and minding my own business. I notice this woman start slowing down as I'm approaching. She stops and glares at me. I stop and smirk at her. She opens her door and starts to get out but my friend pulls up and she peels off.

The moral of the story is I'm not slammable and do not condone violence against women.
Protection is cool tho especially when someone is on that Zimmerman.

She was white so needless to say but I'm getting OJ'd if the cops come. She was on her Zimmerman shit.

Fox News would party like they did when Karl Rove came on as analyst when they thought Obama would lose.

It depends on how it's said. Most of the time it's just a compliment/notice that you're going to be used as a strong man.

It's a bit disappointing sometimes when you want to be seen as someone used for their smarts, but since you're twice the height of everyone you work with, you get relegated to "can you lift this heavy thing for me?". I never got to design any of the standees or displays at the library, I just got to move them around and transport tables/cabinets around :(

Not really related, but I've been trying to get into the natural habit of making eye contact with people. People said fucked up things about me earlier in life + my agorophobia and I end up finding excuses to look at other things when talking to strangers. So I'm going to the store today, good time to practice, right?

Go through checking out 20 items, hand the money to her, and leave, and the cashier avoids looking at me during the entire time. lol. anxiety battle.

Heh, perhaps.

And ah, I'm only 5'8", lol. But I've far more often been used for smarts, as I'm not *that* strong... perhaps around average, little above? Though the other way is just as annoying.

Finally, I've been doing that myself. More like practicing speaking to people, but eye contact, too. And yeah, there are definitely people who will avoid eye contact, lol. Trying to improve your own social skills helps you notice exactly how many other people are bad at these things as well.

RedSwirl

Alright here we go.

Having a military upbringing, virtually ALL of my closest friends throughout my life outside of my relatives have been white. If the friendship is real, political differences ain't shit.

A little over a decade ago (around the start of high school) someone who's been a friend of mine since the 1st grade explained to me why she was a Republican (her mom voted for Romney), and that actually gave me what I consider my first "real" understanding of some of the ideas behind Republicanism outside of my parents telling me it's just the "rich get richer" party.

I can even attest to having the same wedding visit experience as the author of this article. Last year I went to my other friend's (the first girl's sister's) wedding and yeah, my parents and I were the only black people there. Didn't surprise me at all. In fact my parents being there was probably a bigger impediment to my socializing than anything else. Even got asked to dance.

I mean I got some of the same annoying high school shit this article talks about, but then again I don't hang out with any of those people anymore.

Maybe it's because all my lifelong friends are other military kids. I hear statistically they tend to be more multicultural, having moved around a lot.

Tokubetsu

I use to laugh when people said console players con't keep up with PC players.

Until i played Battlefield 3 today.

These fools ain't know joke. I got like 3 kills and 10 suppression assists for firing blindly in one direction.

And BF3 isn't even that bad. Try playing CoD on pc or any fast paced twitch based shooters. There's a reason why shit like Quake died as soon as Halo/console fps' took off. Trying to play Quake online in 2013 is like trying to play SCII against Koreans. You aren't gonna compete. At all.

Its 2013.

This shit is uncalled for. I know damn well this childs parents were at least in the 90's and saw how fucked up that was having to live through this shit first hand. I know some of the older cats in the BCT saw this shit in middle school and said "If I ever have kids I wouldnt do that to my child"

This shit right here, children and significant others wearing matching clothes(unless you at a family reunion), and naming your child after something you want or after the R&B singer that may or may not have been singing when you were concieved(How many kids named Devante and Dalvin and Dru) or someone you lusted after("My baby named Aries" Aint that the name of your exboyfriend from 3rd grade.) Need to be abolished.

We better than that.

EDIT: And yes im going ham bout this shit because I was one of those light skinned hazel eyed Debarge looking brothers that happen to have okay hair. And my momma was on that Serafina Posse Van Peebles shit that shit thought it was cute that I
a) Have a rat tail
b) Have my hair dyed red
c)Put a perm in my head on the first day of school in 5th grade.

Yeah im bitter.

lmao my dude said abolished haha, I can't even argue with this either.

RedSwirl

And BF3 isn't even that bad. Try playing CoD on pc or any fast paced twitch based shooters. There's a reason why shit like Quake died as soon as Halo/console fps' took off. Trying to play Quake online in 2013 is like trying to play SCII against Koreans. You aren't gonna compete. At all.

I keep wondering if the reason my KDR in COD is around 0.6 is because I've exclusively played the PC versions up until now.

FyreWulff

Yeah while trying to play something pure like Quake is fun, the problem is you get absolutely creamed by people that have been playing it nonstop for the last decade or two.

On console and newer FPSes you have the advantage that there's a lot of playerbase churn between titles.

I'm not even going to look at the Wii-U until the next Smash Bros gets out.

There's only a handful of games for the Wii-U that I want, anyway. The 3DS is keeping me occupied as far as Nintendo goes.

Also, you see the strangest people at Wal-Mart. The "People of Wal-Mart" tumblr wasn't lying. Old dudes with tight ass shirts not doing a damn thing hiding their love handles, women with more colors in their hair than Dennis Rodman, just straight not giving a fuck. But this is the only story that sell that struggle-ass BodyFortress protein for $16 dollars so, shoutouts to my nigga Imm0rt4l

Grandma's 81st birthday tomorrow, ran by there with mom with a b-day cake today, uncle and his son was there...with a white woman. "Oh, is this your girlfriend?" "No, I'm his fiancee"

Now keep in mind he JUST got divorced 3 months ago, already taking care of a kid...

zero_suit

Grandma's 81st birthday tomorrow, ran by there with mom with a b-day cake today, uncle and his son was there...with a white woman. "Oh, is this your girlfriend?" "No, I'm his fiancee"

Now keep in mind he JUST got divorced 3 months ago, already taking care of a kid...

Takin' them Ls...

Slayven

Also, you see the strangest people at Wal-Mart. The "People of Wal-Mart" tumblr wasn't lying. Old dudes with tight ass shirts not doing a damn thing hiding their love handles, women with more colors in their hair than Dennis Rodman, just straight not giving a fuck. But this is the only story that sell that struggle-ass BodyFortress protein for $16 dollars so, shoutouts to my nigga Imm0rt4l

Did she say "Hmmhmm" then move on?

Very few things piss me off about people staying over at our house because my roomies know lots of people but using my shit is a no no.

Having the bathroom the general public uses sucks.

Top Bottom